Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2012, 11:22 PM

Default Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/10...e-sponsorships

Ok so I want to know your thoughts on this not so potential Match up.

When I read this Article I couldn't help but laugh my @$$ off is Jon Jones Serious?? Isn't that the whole concept fighting?!?! "!!Winning and beating someone else to be crowned the best!!

"It's not that he won't fight me or I won't fight him. To be dead honest, it's that we both have a lot to lose and we both respect each other a lot and we both are striving for personal greatness. I don't want to crack on his greatness and I don't want him cracking on my greatness.

"We're in completely different weight classes. We both have sponsor deals and things that are really important to us and a big part of that sponsorship package is being a winning-being a champion. Having us fight each other means one of our championships goes away.

"I respect Anderson Silva so much that I don't want to be the guy to beat him. I don't want to lose to him either. It's a lose-lose situation for me."

Jon Jones

If they are two of the most dominant Champions with Silva being the Best ever and Jones Probably becoming the best when Silva Retires (doubt he will ever surpass him) shouldn't a big mark in there career be that they beat each other? How can they have nothing to win?!?!?

Even Helwani has stated that Anderson has nothing to win by fighting Jones? http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/7/10...39-ben-fowlkes

But then again he is convinced that Seagals training of Anderson, Lyoto is 100% Legit.