Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-10-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Even if his thigh did touch his face, that wasn't the main brunt of the strike, and so what if it did? Should we overturn the fight? What about Chael hitting Silva in the back of the head?

The whole thing is nonsense, and people are looking for a reason to take Silva's victory away from him because they hate having to admit they were wrong or they are just haters. I can't even tell you how many people I've heard say "I just want him to lose to somebody". Sounds like Mayweather syndrome to me.
in a post earlier, i said anderson would walk through him in a round and wouldn't have any problems, so i am not trying to discredit him .. i am just saying the rules are not clear ... if kicks and knees are not allowed to a grounded opponent, and a thigh is deemed part of a kick, then should a thigh to the head be allowed?
Old 07-10-2012, 04:50 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
in a post earlier, i said anderson would walk through him in a round and wouldn't have any problems, so i am not trying to discredit him .. i am just saying the rules are not clear ... if kicks and knees are not allowed to a grounded opponent, and a thigh is deemed part of a kick, then should a thigh to the head be allowed?
I get your point, and the answer is obviously no, a thigh to the head of a downed opponent would not be legal. It's still not something that should get the fight overturned, and one could easily argue that taking a point away would have been too stiff of a penalty. It's like the strikes to the back of the head. Obviously they are illegal, but a lot of times they just happen due to circumstance, and how often do we see a fight overturned or called off because of those? Seriously, how much damage could a person do with their thigh? Not to sound crude, but I would gladly let a guy with no legs below the knees thigh me in the face all day long.

Regardless of any of that, the fact is that we all can clearly see the brunt of the strike hitting Chael in the chest. It's also silly that people are saying Silva "intended" to knee Chael in the head. Really? Anderson Silva, one of the most accurate strikers to ever step in a cage/ring intended to knee him in the head but hit his chest instead? Seems unlikely to me.

It's just silly and unfortunate that a few things happened in the fight that has given people fuel to somehow spin this into something it wasn't. Thus far, Chael has seemed to take all of it very well and I think that's awesome, but the fans online that have been thinking Chael would beat Silva for 2 years...not so much...
Old 07-10-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
I get your point, and the answer is obviously no, a thigh to the head of a downed opponent would not be legal. It's still not something that should get the fight overturned, and one could easily argue that taking a point away would have been too stiff of a penalty. It's like the strikes to the back of the head. Obviously they are illegal, but a lot of times they just happen due to circumstance, and how often do we see a fight overturned or called off because of those? Seriously, how much damage could a person do with their thigh? Not to sound crude, but I would gladly let a guy with no legs below the knees thigh me in the face all day long.

Regardless of any of that, the fact is that we all can clearly see the brunt of the strike hitting Chael in the chest. It's also silly that people are saying Silva "intended" to knee Chael in the head. Really? Anderson Silva, one of the most accurate strikers to ever step in a cage/ring intended to knee him in the head but hit his chest instead? Seems unlikely to me.

It's just silly and unfortunate that a few things happened in the fight that has given people fuel to somehow spin this into something it wasn't. Thus far, Chael has seemed to take all of it very well and I think that's awesome, but the fans online that have been thinking Chael would beat Silva for 2 years...not so much...
i agree that the appeal is dumb ... are they going to call in a psychic to read anderson's mind of his intentions? i just think for this fight, the shoulder bump, shorts grabbing, vaseline all makes things more shady .. that's all ... i am still glad anderson won, but he lost a little of that aura he had before this fight ...
Old 07-10-2012, 08:38 PM

So what's next for Chael? No way Dana will give him another title shot any time soon. Does he drop to WW or go up to LHW? He can't win the title at LHW from Jones and highly doubt he will be able to get the title from GSP......Gate keeper maybe, I would hate to see that but what do you think he will do???
Old 07-10-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:
I get your point, and the answer is obviously no, a thigh to the head of a downed opponent would not be legal. It's still not something that should get the fight overturned, and one could easily argue that taking a point away would have been too stiff of a penalty. It's like the strikes to the back of the head. Obviously they are illegal, but a lot of times they just happen due to circumstance, and how often do we see a fight overturned or called off because of those? Seriously, how much damage could a person do with their thigh? Not to sound crude, but I would gladly let a guy with no legs below the knees thigh me in the face all day long. :
My favourite line on a forum anywhere ever
Old 07-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
So what's next for Chael? No way Dana will give him another title shot any time soon. Does he drop to WW or go up to LHW? He can't win the title at LHW from Jones and highly doubt he will be able to get the title from GSP......Gate keeper maybe, I would hate to see that but what do you think he will do???
He can barely make 185! I think he would die if he tried going any lower.
I think he is just gonna stay at 185 and move up the ladder again. I agree what you said about Dana there's no way he will give him a 3rd fight. The Fuc@# is actually saying the rematch sold itself and it wasnt Chael and his promotional prowess that sold the fight.

Maybe Chael will be given the Jon Fitch treatment who had 5 dominant wins over some tough competition yet no Title fight. Although I think he can beat almost everyone at Light Heavyweight Im not sure he would move up.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 PM

Just Thought I should Cheer everyone up who is upset like me that Chael lost this weekend

Sorry I didn't post the rest but I thought they might be inappropriate well not for me but for the forum

Thank You ESPN
Old 07-10-2012, 10:59 PM

Nice.....................
Old 07-11-2012, 04:27 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Not to sound crude, but I would gladly let a guy with no legs below the knees thigh me in the face all day long.