Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 06-29-2012, 02:26 PM

i agree .. we have that here ... it is paid through taxes ... i think that would be a better model ... i don't have to pay a deductable for anything and can go to the doc/hospital anytime ...
Old 06-29-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
yeah, i am sure they are quaking in their boots ...

this will all play out in the election ... the american people are smart .. if they don't like it, they will boot barack from the house ... if they like it, they'll keep him ... i could be wrong, but i think this was a big part of his 2008 campaign, if so, you may have another years of him ..

make stupid sarcastic remarks all you want, i think that is exactly what king george was doing right around the 1770's.....

i tried to find some great canadian quotes to support my feelings but i couldn't.....

“If by the mere force of numbers a majority should deprive a minority of any clearly written constitutional right, it might, in a moral point of view, justify revolution”
Abraham Lincoln

Every generation needs a new revolution.”
Thomas Jefferson

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it. Abraham Lincoln

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-29-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
i don't have to pay a deductable for anything and can go to the doc/hospital anytime ...

the slaves never had to buy groceries or pay a mortgage, wonder why they got so upset

have you seen the avengers movie.... loki says humans yearn to be ruled and enslaved.... i think some sheeple do.... but not the people who founded america ..... we believe in liberty.....even if we don't get "free" healthcare, i won't trade my freedoms for free stuff
Old 06-29-2012, 02:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/embed/H3Az0okaHig?rel=0

this expresses my feelings well....
Old 06-29-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
the slaves never had to buy groceries or pay a mortgage, wonder why they got so upset

have you seen the avengers movie.... loki says humans yearn to be ruled and enslaved.... i think some sheeple do.... but not the people who founded america ..... we believe in liberty.....even if we don't get "free" healthcare, i won't trade my freedoms for free stuff
don't kid youself ... you have no more freedoms than i do ...
Old 06-29-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
make stupid sarcastic remarks all you want, i think that is exactly what king george was doing right around the 1770's.....

i tried to find some great canadian quotes to support my feelings but i couldn't.....

“If by the mere force of numbers a majority should deprive a minority of any clearly written constitutional right, it might, in a moral point of view, justify revolution”
Abraham Lincoln

Every generation needs a new revolution.”
Thomas Jefferson

This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it. Abraham Lincoln

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure. Thomas Jefferson
LOL .. you are the one who said people are scared of you cuz you have guns ... go pull out your gun and go to city hall in your town and start waving it around and talking about revolution, see how that works out for ya ... in fact, take all your buddies with their guns too ... let me know how it goes ...
Old 06-29-2012, 06:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Well Guys...This has nothing really to do with Health Care...I did some research and discovered WHY the Supreme Court would contradict the Constitution...and that is...in short, since the culmination of the American Civil War, the "Union" of States has inflated into a "Government" of States.

This is evidenced in two ways...first, The Federal Over-ride of the State Government on almost every level, and secondly, and most importantly, those insitutions based on this Federal Government are attached to it.

If the Federal Government collapses...so will the Supreme Court...

So I wondered what could be of such benefit to the Government that the Supreme Court would rule to protect itself...or more likely its future.

Barack Obama DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BUY HEALTH INSURENCE...what he wants for you is to fail, or refuse...because then you will pay the Federal Government money...He has imposed, what he hopes will be a tax on every single American...The Supreme Court wont rule against this, because in these hard times the Federation NEEDS money...

Its WORSE then forced Insurence...its nothing short of gunpoint theaft. Buy something you dont want, dont need, and cant afford...or give me your money...which can be spent on ANYTHING.

Here is the thing....You Federal Government is well beyond its design brief...There has been little to no State Assertment since the Civil War...look how before the civil war it wasnt about two rival political parties...it was about the soverignty of the individual states.

A True American should realize that the real Tyrany the US Constitution was designed to stop vanished when the Union had to defend itself against the Confederacy, and became something it was not supposed to be...a war time footing might have been needed to win the war...but did someone forget to tell them that the war, once over, meant whatever they had done to coordinate multi-state action should have been reversed again

You MUST start thinking of yourself as fifty SOVERIGN STATES....Your Federal Government, shouldnt even meet each day!! Your President only Exists to mediate between State on State indecision, and is only a benefit to the international world. You are a Hive Mind...A Convention....

The true irony of this who affair is...the Federal Government shouldnt even be discussing this sort of matter!!!!!

...and I do truely blame it on the Civil War/imediate successor Administrations.

If your individual States do not have the power, and thought for themselves to constantly fight for their STATE Rights, to the extent the Southern States did...then they have already given their powers away to Washington...

You will need a Revolution to get them back now....or a complete Reformation of the Federal Government

Old 06-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
i'd be mad if i didn't think it was the straw that will break obama's election back

that and i am pretty sure most of america hates it, especially the ones with the guns and deep down the left does not want to tick us off , whether they admit it or not, they are scared of us.... and i am not talking about impeachment scared, more like revolution scared
Weary....but probably no longer Scared...They wouldnt have dared try this if they actually believed that enmasse the people would do anymore then grumble.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
yeah, i am sure they are quaking in their boots ...

this will all play out in the election ... 1) the american people are smart .. ")if they don't like it, they will boot barack from the house ... if they like it, they'll keep him ... i could be wrong, but i think this was a big part of his 2008 campaign, if so, you may have another years of him ..
1) No Ellectorate is "smart"

2) Thats irrelivent!!! American DOES NOT RUN ON COMMON LAW!!! Removal of Barack Obama will not remove his laws!! plus...dont you understand what ive just put above...NOONE in the Federal Government will undo a law which brings them A FREE WHOLE POPULATION INCOME...Why?? Because the Federal Government has a Survival Instinct...it wants to stay exactly where it is, doing exactly what it does...It doesnt want to have its bubble burst and be diminished to a Council full of Guvs who meet maybe once a month for the purposes of Cross Country Transport, Defence from abroad, or the World Stage.

....and I dont think the State Governments would know what to do if someone suddenly gave them nigh on full power over their state again...party politics would become irrelevent...its why the early history of America was littered with Independants...remove the Federal Government...and the whole bipartisanship will likely fall apart...you'll just have hundreds of free thinking people with personal agendas...OMFG..What a breath of fresh air to politics that would be!!

The beauty of the original idea is mindblowing, even given todays standards.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:03 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/H3Az0okaHig?rel=0

this expresses my feelings well....
thats like screwtape letters on acid