Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-22-2012, 10:52 AM

Only just watched this last night. I gave Bradley one round! What a farce.
Old 06-22-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Only just watched this last night. I gave Bradley one round! What a farce.
Same here and I'm not the Biggest Pacquiao fan.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:25 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Everybody who gave Pac 10 or 11 rounds is being as overly generous to Pacquiao as they claim the judges were for Bradley. Pacquiao tried to steal a lot of rounds in the last minute, and every time he moved the crowd went nuts making it seem like he was doing all sorts of damage, when in fact he wasn't.

Buc and Javi, I am curious which round each of you gave to Bradley. What I find amazing is how many people are screaming that this fight was a blowout, yet the rounds people gave to Bradley were all over the board. It's also a joke that this is getting as much attention as it is just because it's Pacquiao, nobody cared about any of the other close decisions in the last year or two. I'm not saying anybody around here is like this, but a lot of fans are like "Oh no, our poster boy lost a close decision, it must have been fixed"...Awww, Boo-hoo.

It sickening to see "respected" journalists around the sport calling this the biggest robbery in the history of Boxing.

Last edited by J.B.; 06-22-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Everybody who gave Pac 10 or 11 rounds is being as overly generous to Pacquiao as they claim the judges were for Bradley. Pacquiao tried to steal a lot of rounds in the last minute, and every time he moved the crowd went nuts making it seem like he was doing all sorts of damage, when in fact he wasn't.

Buc and Javi, I am curious which round each of you gave to Bradley. What I find amazing is how many people are screaming that this fight was a blowout, yet the rounds people gave to Bradley were all over the board. It's also a joke that this is getting as much attention as it is just because it's Pacquiao, nobody cared about any of the other close decisions in the last year or two. I'm not saying anybody around here is like this, but a lot of fans are like "Oh no, our poster boy lost a close decision, it must have been fixed"...Awww, Boo-hoo.

It sickening to see "respected" journalists around the sport calling this the biggest robbery in the history of Boxing.
Round 10.

I don't get why you are so angry. I was one of many people I remember calling BS when Pac got the decision over Marquez but at least that was close, this fight was not. So what if Manny turned it up in the last minute of some of the rounds? Bradley wasn't doing much or landing anything significant enough to warrant winning those rounds. OK, for arguments sake lets say I gave Bradley rounds 10, 11 and 12 - its still not close is it?

It was a robbery.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:14 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Round 10.

I don't get why you are so angry. I was one of many people I remember calling BS when Pac got the decision over Marquez but at least that was close, this fight was not. So what if Manny turned it up in the last minute of some of the rounds? Bradley wasn't doing much or landing anything significant enough to warrant winning those rounds. OK, for arguments sake lets say I gave Bradley rounds 10, 11 and 12 - its still not close is it?

It was a robbery.
I am not angry, and you missed the point.

Sure, you only gave him round 10, but a crapload of people gave him rounds 10-12, as well as rounds 1 or 2, and round 7. All 3 judges, who have scored over 350 major fights, gave round 7 to Bradley (as did I). The scorecards from the judges, press, and the fans prove this fight was closer than people want to admit.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
a crapload of people gave him rounds 10-12, as well as rounds 1 or 2, and round 7
Which people, blind ones?

I watched it 2 days ago without any of the fallout or controversy in my mind and I don't support either guy. I gave Bradley one round. In my opinion, no - it was not close. Manny got the better of most exchanges and landed the harder shots, then he turned it up at the end of some of the rounds to entertain us. I don't really care how experienced the judges are, even the one that gave it to Pacquiao scored it 115-113 proving all three of them are useless.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:17 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Which people, blind ones?

I watched it 2 days ago without any of the fallout or controversy in my mind and I don't support either guy. I gave Bradley one round. In my opinion, no - it was not close. Manny got the better of most exchanges and landed the harder shots, then he turned it up at the end of some of the rounds to entertain us. I don't really care how experienced the judges are, even the one that gave it to Pacquiao scored it 115-113 proving all three of them are useless.
Which people? LOL, check the scorecards.... but fair enough.

Can you explain why Manny won rounds 1 and 7, without using compubox?
Old 06-23-2012, 09:31 AM

Thats the point I'm making. I'm giving my scorecard, I'm not interested in what any judge, fan, journalist or forumite thought about the fight I'm just sharing my opinion.

I don't remember specific rounds but at the end of a round I have an opinion on who I think won it. That is pretty much how I've always watched fights.

Maybe that would be a better system, judges give their score round by round so there is no changing of scorecards and waiting around for 'mistakes' to happen. The crowd, the fighters and everyone watching on TV can see the scorecards and know whats going on.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:54 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Thats the point I'm making. I'm giving my scorecard, I'm not interested in what any judge, fan, journalist or forumite thought about the fight I'm just sharing my opinion.

I don't remember specific rounds but at the end of a round I have an opinion on who I think won it. That is pretty much how I've always watched fights.

Maybe that would be a better system, judges give their score round by round so there is no changing of scorecards and waiting around for 'mistakes' to happen. The crowd, the fighters and everyone watching on TV can see the scorecards and know whats going on.
I know it's just our opinion, but scorecards are about "specific" rounds. For you to say you don't remember specific rounds calls into question how you judge the match.

What you are calling for is basically the same way PRIDE judged it's matches, and that was based on "the whole fight". I have no arguments with that.
Old 06-23-2012, 12:11 PM

I don't see hows its questionable, each round is 3 minutes and I give to the person I feel did the most significant damage over those 3 minutes.