Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-13-2012, 07:11 PM
rev rev is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 31
Default

Royce in UFC 1 was what? About 190 lbs? If you take him at his best and put him against any top 5 MW today. Royce gets destroyed. Take all the rules away and time limits and Royce gets destroyed. Evolution!! Rickson was a beast at bjj, but I doubt he could beat most anyone on the UFC's roster.

like Bella said "Wrestling > bjj"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-13-2012, 08:18 PM
PRShrek's Avatar
PRShrek PRShrek is offline
Formerly Dethbob
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev View Post
Royce in UFC 1 was what? About 190 lbs? If you take him at his best and put him against any top 5 MW today. Royce gets destroyed. Take all the rules away and time limits and Royce gets destroyed. Evolution!! Rickson was a beast at bjj, but I doubt he could beat most anyone on the UFC's roster.

like Bella said "Wrestling > bjj"
Royce was around 175 or so, and beat Dan Severn who weighed in around 260, so Iím not sure the "Wrestling > bjj" statement was true in the late 90ís. In fact I would be interested to see how todayís welterweights would fare against UFC 5ís Dan Severn.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Royce was around 175 or so, and beat Dan Severn who weighed in around 260, so Iím not sure the "Wrestling > bjj" statement was true in the late 90ís. In fact I would be interested to see how todayís welterweights would fare against UFC 5ís Dan Severn.
To me wrestling wise WW aside from Matt I love the skills of Ellenberger,Fitch,Pierce, Krotcheck <----I can't believe I admitted that.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-13-2012, 08:38 PM
PRShrek's Avatar
PRShrek PRShrek is offline
Formerly Dethbob
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Krotcheck <----I can't believe I admitted that.
You rock!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-14-2012, 12:43 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

I used to love watching Koscheck go for takedowns; he would run his opponent from one side of the cage to the other, it was so killer!

He got so good at standup that he abandoned it though
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I used to love watching Koscheck go for takedowns; he would run his opponent from one side of the cage to the other, it was so killer!

He got so good at standup that he abandoned it though
Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch his boxing I think he abandoned that as well in trade for eyepokes!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-21-2012, 01:11 PM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Unfortunately I haven't been able to watch his boxing I think he abandoned that as well in trade for eyepokes!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Hybrid Mode S