Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 06-14-2012, 12:56 PM

Default Chael quaking in his boots - Bisping

Michael Bisping Says He’s Got Chael Sonnen ‘Quaking in His Boots’

Posted on June 14, 2012 by Damon Martin

Michael Bisping is not a fighter who holds his tongue about much of anything.

The brash outspoken former Ultimate Fighter winner is very straight forward about pretty much any subject that you approach him with, and love it or hate it, he’ll give you his opinion or tell you exactly what happened.

Such was the case when Bisping recently received a rather odd direct message on Twitter from none other that UFC 148 main event fighter Chael Sonnen.

Bisping and Sonnen battled back in January at UFC on Fox 2 with Sonnen coming out on top by unanimous decision, although it was a very close fight.

According to the Brit, Sonnen messaged him in a rather cryptic manner after it was revealed that he was out of his fight with Tim Boetsch at UFC 149 due to injury. This was around the same time that rumors were swirling that UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva was possibly injured and out of his UFC 148 bout with Sonnen.

“The thing is with direct messages on Twitter is it’s personal; it’s private. I think it would be improper of me to divulge that information, but when have you known me to do the proper thing. So here we have the information, I was actually sat in the doctor’s (office) when this came through. ‘Alright man, here’s my guess, you’re not hurt and we are rematching. If I am right give me a clue in your tweet. Include the word “lad” in your next tweet,’” Bisping revealed on Fuel TV’s UFC Tonight on Tuesday.

“And I’m sitting in the doctor’s surgery and I’m like what the hell is this guy talking about? Obviously, he’s quaking in his boots at the thought of a rematch cause he knows I won the last fight and he doesn’t want to fight me again.”

After a few minutes, Bisping received a second message from Sonnen that seemed to close the book on the first message at least.

“Then another one came through and went ‘alright never mind, conspiracy theory is over. Get well soon.’” said Bisping. “So Planet Chael strikes again.”

It appears that the rumors about Silva’s injury at least reached Sonnen in West Linn, Ore., but at this point have been dispelled and the Brazilian legend will indeed defend his belt at UFC 148 in July.

As for Bisping, he’s on the mend for the next few weeks after having surgery to repair a knee injury suffered in training. The middleweight contender doesn’t expect to be on the shelf for very long, and hopes to jump right back into the title mix, if not a title shot upon his return.

“I’ve been around the UFC since 2005 and I’ve been consistently fighting the best guys in the world. I feel I’ve put together a good win streak and I deserve a shot. My last fight was a No. 1 contender match-up with Chael Sonnen. It was a very, very close fight. Some might call it a controversial decision. I think the general consensus is that I won that fight. I know Dana (White) and Lorenzo (Fertitta) said that as well,” said Bisping.

“So if Chael wins, I don’t see why I don’t get a shot at the title straight away.”

The contender’s race in the UFC middleweight division appears to have at least a few viable names including Bisping along with former NCAA champion Mark Munoz. It remains to be seen, however, if Bisping will get a rematch with Sonnen with the title on the line.

A lot has to happen before they can even contemplate that match-up, but maybe a few more private messages exchanged via Twitter can at least start the

Thought he won the first match so Chael probably scared

Mmaweekly.com
Old 06-14-2012, 01:39 PM

Yeah, sure he is!

I thought Mike won but I'd probably pick Chael to win in a rematch.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:44 PM

LoL I think Mike totally missed what Chael was trying to say.

What Chael ment was that Mike was just pretending to have an injury and waiting for Chael to Destroys Anderson and then cash in his rematch clause.
Kind of like the Money in the Bank from WWE

If anyone is scared its Mike cause so far he's said that he wants Chael to win since in his eyes he won that fight.. he rather "Beat Chael again".
And he hasn't really said that he wants to fight the best MMA Fighter ever "allegedly"

Besides Foxy I think Im the Biggest Chael/Bisping fan but unlike Foxy I slightly favor Chael so For me its a win win for either to be a champ.

The UFC needs some Interesting Champions... It's enough with this Politically correct fake champs! This is a Gladiator Sport not some Little sport where you toss a ball around.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
If anyone is scared its Mike cause so far he's said that he wants Chael to win since in his eyes he won that fight.. he rather "Beat Chael again".
And he hasn't really said that he wants to fight the best MMA Fighter ever "allegedly"
I remember him saying it would be great to fight Anderson because he's the best in the world but a rematch with Chael for the title would be cool too.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
I remember him saying it would be great to fight Anderson because he's the best in the world but a rematch with Chael for the title would be cool too.
I agree that would be my Perfect scenario if they fought for the belt
Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Michael has said he wants to fight the best whether it's Anderson or Chael. He prefers if Chael wins so he can avenge his loss!!!
Bisping isn't scared of Chael. I have him winning if they went 5rds. His cardio is much better..... However I don't mind either of my blue eyed boys being champ!!
Javi is correct. I do favor Bisping... By a few hairs only!
Old 06-14-2012, 04:41 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
LoL I think Mike totally missed what Chael was trying to say.

What Chael ment was that Mike was just pretending to have an injury and waiting for Chael to Destroys Anderson and then cash in his rematch clause.
Kind of like the Money in the Bank from WWE

Besides Foxy I think Im the Biggest Chael/Bisping fan but unlike Foxy I slightly favor Chael so For me its a win win for either to be a champ.

The UFC needs some Interesting Champions... It's enough with this Politically correct fake champs! This is a Gladiator Sport not some Little sport where you toss a ball around.
If he's scared to you cos he won that fight in his eyes.. WTH is Chaels diagnosis since he parades around with a fake UFC MW belt he "stole" from Andy??
Old 06-14-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
If he's scared to you cos he won that fight in his eyes.. WTH is Chaels diagnosis since he parades around with a fake UFC MW belt he "stole" from Andy??
I didnt mean he was scared of Chael or that he was scared period ... I just ment it was silly to say Chael was shaking in his boots and if anyone was scared It was probably him cause he has being campaigning for a rematch instead of a title fight with Anderson.

But I know he isn't scared and neither is Chael. Now Anderson thats a different story... he doesn't want anything to do with Chael.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Hailey's Dad

I remember when Bisping beat Chael and wasn't a douchebag his whole life.

Oh wait.
Nevermind.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:19 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I remember when Bisping beat Chael and wasn't a douchebag his whole life.

Oh wait.
Nevermind.
hehehe, i see what you did there