Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 06-10-2012, 05:09 AM

Default Pacquiao vs. Bradley....SPOILER

Pac-man lost......there goes the biggest fight in Boxing history

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 06-10-2012, 05:35 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I wouldn't say that for sure, there is still a good possibility that the fight happens. Crazier things have happened in Boxing. If Floyd and Manny said tomorrow that they were going to fight in November, it would still probably be the biggest draw the sport has ever seen. Maybe this is just what needed to happen for the fight to get made considering Floyd clearly holds all the cards at this point. If Pacquiao fights again, who is he going to fight if he doesn't accept Floyd's offer when he gets out of jail in July or August? Floyd's not dumb either, he knows that Pacquiao losing means he can take over the negotiations and make even more money. If Pacquiao says no, then so what. Floyd will fight another tune-up and then fight Bradley in 2013. Either way, Floyd probably just made another 75-100 million dollars while sitting in jail.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I wouldn't say that for sure, there is still a good possibility that the fight happens. Crazier things have happened in Boxing. If Floyd and Manny said tomorrow that they were going to fight in November, it would still probably be the biggest draw the sport has ever seen. Maybe this is just what needed to happen for the fight to get made considering Floyd clearly holds all the cards at this point. If Pacquiao fights again, who is he going to fight if he doesn't accept Floyd's offer when he gets out of jail in July or August? Floyd's not dumb either, he knows that Pacquiao losing means he can take over the negotiations and make even more money. If Pacquiao says no, then so what. Floyd will fight another tune-up and then fight Bradley in 2013. Either way, Floyd probably just made another 75-100 million dollars while sitting in jail.
Its still a big fight but Mayweather v Pacquiao on a 1 fight win streak (Im not even sure if one win is considered a streak) is a lot less exciting than Mayweather v Pacquiao on a 16 fight win streak (I think thats what it would have been had Pac-Man won).

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 06-10-2012, 06:04 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Its still a big fight but Mayweather v Pacquiao on a 1 fight win streak (Im not even sure if one win is considered a streak) is a lot less exciting than Mayweather v Pacquiao on a 16 fight win streak (I think thats what it would have been had Pac-Man won).
LOL!

Mayweather is on a 43 fight win streak, with a big fat doughnut in the loss column...

The butt-hurt is already flooding the web over the decision. A lot of fans have short memories when it comes to close fights and "robberies" when their "guy" lost. Pacquiao robbed Marquez, some say all 3 times. It is what it is.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
LOL!

Mayweather is on a 43 fight win streak, with a big fat doughnut in the loss column...

The butt-hurt is already flooding the web over the decision. A lot of fans have short memories when it comes to close fights and "robberies" when their "guy" lost. Pacquiao robbed Marquez, some say all 3 times. It is what it is.
I agree JB Marquez is 2-1 against Pacquiao!
Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree JB Marquez is 2-1 against Pacquiao!
What was your take on Pac/Bradley?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:02 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

This is just insane. At least all 3 fights with Marquez were close and could have went either way. This one, Pac was clearly controlling the fight. I had 117-111, same as Iole, and that was just being nice to Bradley for round 1 and 12.

JB, I know you say stats don't tell the whole story, but...

Old 06-10-2012, 07:04 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Even Roger Mayweather said the decision was BS and he's the biggest Pac hater on the planet!

Here's the link to the image, I'm not going to embed it due to Roger's choice of words!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...25184262_n.jpg
Old 06-10-2012, 07:21 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

I saw that pic Manny just posted on FB, and I get it. It's very easy to argue that Manny beat Bradley. It's just funny considering the 3 fights with JMM. This is a problem with judging, and it's been that way forever.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:22 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Even Roger Mayweather said the decision was BS and he's the biggest Pac hater on the planet!

Here's the link to the image, I'm not going to embed it due to Roger's choice of words!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...25184262_n.jpg
You know stuff is crazy when Pac-fans are calling Roger credible....