Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 06-07-2012, 03:28 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default O those crazy Ruskies

Quote:
The end game of MiddleEasy.com is us generating enough revenue where we can create an agility course dangerous enough where professional supervision is required. If we can't make the dream of Cat, Bauzen, Kieran and the rest of us competing against each other in friendly timed runs on our regulation sized course then I don't really know what we are even doing here. What's the point?

Yes, you guys can come over, but make sure your parents tell our parents it's OK. Also, you may need to sign a release form in case you get hurt, don't worry, it's cool: LayzieTheSavage is a notary public.

Footage has surfaced of Sergei Kharitonov testing his cat-like abilities on the Russian Ninja Warrior show, we suggest you watch it below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufxyu...layer_embedded
Actually, I think this is WipeOut, an American permutation of the epically awesome MXC: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...xc%2C+playlist
Old 06-07-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post

Actually, I think this is WipeOut, an American permutation of the epically awesome MXC: http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...xc%2C+playlist
Yeah, those big red balls gives it away.

Last edited by Bonnie; 06-07-2012 at 04:03 PM.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:00 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Yeah, those big red balls gives it away.
If you like WipeOut, Bonnie, you will absolutely love MXC. It's an old Japanese show that's practically the same thing, but it's been dubbed into English making a farce of the whole thing. It was on SpikeTV back when they were first getting started. That & Slam Ball!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:
If you like WipeOut, Bonnie, you will absolutely love MXC. It's an old Japanese show that's practically the same thing, but it's been dubbed into English making a farce of the whole thing. It was on SpikeTV back when they were first getting started. That & Slam Ball!
I've been watching American Ninja Warrior recently; I would love to see Matt try it.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:17 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I've been watching American Ninja Warrior recently; I would love to see Matt try it.
Matt's too solid for the course, IMO. It's really tough fo heavier guys, especially once you hit stage 3 that's all upper body strength. Matt's not got the right type of build for defeat Mt. Midoriyama.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Matt's too solid for the course, IMO. It's really tough fo heavier guys, especially once you hit stage 3 that's all upper body strength. Matt's not got the right type of build for defeat Mt. Midoriyama.
I agree, especially as they advance, the courses do seem to favor guys who are lighter and who have some height and arm reach, but I'd still like to see what he could do. I think he'd have the upper body strength and he's got good balance; my only concern would be "reach" for things like the 14' warped wall and bars that are spaced far apart.

I don't know, you could be right; when I first saw it, I thought of Matt and wondered if he could possibly do it.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:42 PM

What do you think about an MMA Wipeout? They could have Chuck, Randy, Matt...who else?
Old 06-07-2012, 05:54 PM
Hailey's Dad

I love the Ninja Warrior shows. Keeps giving me ideas for my own workouts. Just built a high pull up station that we plan to put a salmon ladder on at one end.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I love the Ninja Warrior shows. Keeps giving me ideas for my own workouts. Just built a high pull up station that we plan to put a salmon ladder on at one end.
I thought of you too when I saw the show. Noticed a few guys from New Jersey the other night during the Northeast competition--can't remember if any of them made it thru for Vegas.

I hated to see some of the top guys, during that last round who really should have made, get knocked out because they rushed it and ended up making fatal mistakes.

If you get your salmon ladder up, some video would be nice of y'all doing it.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:10 PM

I love both Wipeout and ANW. Did you guys catch it last week, there was a super athlete (I can't remember his name) that didn't make it through the first obstacle.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16