Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 PM

Dave!

I've read some of your posts; I've yet to watch the film. I'll be back...
Old 06-01-2012, 10:37 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Tyburn or any Brit on this forum.
Why is it her Jubilee in June if she became Queen February 6th upon the Kings death?!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Tyburn or any Brit on this forum.
Why is it her Jubilee in June if she became Queen February 6th upon the Kings death?!
When a Monarch dies, instantly the next Monarch is Rulling.

However.... Theoretically, they dont get to sit on the Throne until they are Crowned...quite often that can be some time after.

King Edward...the one married to Wallis, was NEVER Crowned...Technically speaking he never actually took possession of the Throne or Crown.

The Sixty years of Elizabeth is thus NOT dated from when she became Queen by Default...but when she was Crowned. The reason why this is important dates back to several things. Firstly, in times gone by there was often great dispute as to who was the next ruller. Look at William the Conquerer...promised the throne by the King...but the moment the King died, Harold decided that he was King instead.

Secondly, the whole reason of a Monarchy is that GOD himself has selected them to rule. GOD does this by a process known as Consecration, and believe me, having been one of very few people to actually witness a moment of consecration, I can tell you that it is very powerful. At the moment of a consecration GOD makes a person sacred unto him, in the same way he makes a Church Building sacred unto him, or a Grave yard. Instead of Hallowed ground, you have a Hallowed person. This happens during a ceremony where their is an annointing. At that Momment GOD himself has sealed the Monarch as the Monarch...until that point, they are not technically speaking sanctioned by GOD, only sanctioned by the States Tradition that there must always be a monarch, thus when one dies you move to the next.

So it is her Coronation, that we celebrate as the official start of her reign. Although technically, she Reigns the moment her predecessor is dead. This is an ancient Tradition that goes right back to the Bible. Zadock the Priest, and Nathan the Prophet annointed Solomon King. Hence why that quoted action from Scripture is one of only Two Coronational Anthems.

There is one thing that always happens during a Consecration...at the moment the act occures, the true character of the individual for a brief second is revealed. Now the whole ceremony was recorded for Queen Elizabeth...except for one part....the actual consecrational anointing.

She specifically requested a canope be used to hide her, and the Archbishop of Canterbury. For her, it was a personal and intimate moment between Her and GOD alone. Noone got to see the moment that GOD confirmed her Queen.

Hope that answers your Question.

Here are the Coronational Anthems

(I Was Glad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u6-CpU-1EY (Catherines introit to marry Prince William was to the same music)

(Zadock the priest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1W1XJ96y9k (Shows footage of the actual; event 60 years ago this weekend exactly) (The instruments she is given to hold are The Orb and Sceptors. Believe it or not, its most uncomfortable. She sits in an ancient wooden Chair which was the original British Throne, or as close as we can get, with a crown ballenced, and I do say BALLENCED on her head, its heavy. meanwhile she holds a heavy golden ball with a cross on the size of her head in one hand, and two golden wands in the other hand (both in the same) whilst wearing about twenty layers of heavy fabric vestments, that do feel and weigh like carpet.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:13 AM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
When a Monarch dies, instantly the next Monarch is Rulling.

However.... Theoretically, they dont get to sit on the Throne until they are Crowned...quite often that can be some time after.

King Edward...the one married to Wallis, was NEVER Crowned...Technically speaking he never actually took possession of the Throne or Crown.

The Sixty years of Elizabeth is thus NOT dated from when she became Queen by Default...but when she was Crowned. The reason why this is important dates back to several things. Firstly, in times gone by there was often great dispute as to who was the next ruller. Look at William the Conquerer...promised the throne by the King...but the moment the King died, Harold decided that he was King instead.

Secondly, the whole reason of a Monarchy is that GOD himself has selected them to rule. GOD does this by a process known as Consecration, and believe me, having been one of very few people to actually witness a moment of consecration, I can tell you that it is very powerful. At the moment of a consecration GOD makes a person sacred unto him, in the same way he makes a Church Building sacred unto him, or a Grave yard. Instead of Hallowed ground, you have a Hallowed person. This happens during a ceremony where their is an annointing. At that Momment GOD himself has sealed the Monarch as the Monarch...until that point, they are not technically speaking sanctioned by GOD, only sanctioned by the States Tradition that there must always be a monarch, thus when one dies you move to the next.

So it is her Coronation, that we celebrate as the official start of her reign. Although technically, she Reigns the moment her predecessor is dead. This is an ancient Tradition that goes right back to the Bible. Zadock the Priest, and Nathan the Prophet annointed Solomon King. Hence why that quoted action from Scripture is one of only Two Coronational Anthems.

There is one thing that always happens during a Consecration...at the moment the act occures, the true character of the individual for a brief second is revealed. Now the whole ceremony was recorded for Queen Elizabeth...except for one part....the actual consecrational anointing.

She specifically requested a canope be used to hide her, and the Archbishop of Canterbury. For her, it was a personal and intimate moment between Her and GOD alone. Noone got to see the moment that GOD confirmed her Queen.

Hope that answers your Question.

Here are the Coronational Anthems

(I Was Glad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u6-CpU-1EY (Catherines introit to marry Prince William was to the same music)

(Zadock the priest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1W1XJ96y9k (Shows footage of the actual; event 60 years ago this weekend exactly) (The instruments she is given to hold are The Orb and Sceptors. Believe it or not, its most uncomfortable. She sits in an ancient wooden Chair which was the original British Throne, or as close as we can get, with a crown ballenced, and I do say BALLENCED on her head, its heavy. meanwhile she holds a heavy golden ball with a cross on the size of her head in one hand, and two golden wands in the other hand (both in the same) whilst wearing about twenty layers of heavy fabric vestments, that do feel and weigh like carpet.
Thanks Tyburn a friend asked so basically it was when God sealed the deal in June not her coronation in February?!
Old 06-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Thanks Tyburn a friend asked so basically it was when God sealed the deal in June not her coronation in February?!
No no...Her Coronation was in June...but she was Queen the moment her Father died in February...there was Four Month gap between her becoming Queen and Her Coronation.

Its the Coronation that makes it 100percent official.

The Jubilee Celebrations began today. Her Britannic Majesty is a great sports fan. She likes Horse Race, so much she actually has her own stable and she breeds race Horses herself as a hobby.

Today she went to the Horse Races
Old 06-06-2012, 04:14 AM

Quote:
No no...Her Coronation was in June...but she was Queen the moment her Father died in February...there was Four Month gap between her becoming Queen and Her Coronation.

Its the Coronation that makes it 100percent official.

The Jubilee Celebrations began today.
Wait...her father died in February 1952 and her coronation wasn't until June 2, 1953--that's a year and four month gap, if my math isn't off. Why is there such a long gap between when her reign began and her official coronation? And why didn't the Jubilee celebrations begin on June 2, the month and day of her actual coronation?

Btw, thanks for those links, that was very interesting. I didn't know about all the behind-the-scenes plotting that took place, or how popular he was with the common people, much like Princess Diana.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Wait...her father died in February 1952 and her coronation wasn't until June 2, 1953--that's a year and four month gap, if my math isn't off. Why is there such a long gap between when her reign began and her official coronation? And why didn't the Jubilee celebrations begin on June 2, the month and day of her actual coronation?

Btw, thanks for those links, that was very interesting. I didn't know about all the behind-the-scenes plotting that took place, or how popular he was with the common people, much like Princess Diana.
I think there is a gap for a number of reasons. Firstly because as the coronation is the endorsement of GOD, the country has to be certain they are crowning the right monarch. In times gone by their has been much despute about who should be next on the throne, and the gap gives time for these desputes to be played out.

Secondly...they take a hell of a lot of planning and organisation...and finally...some of me thinks it is so that the Government and the Monarchy can ballence the politics of power before take off...look at the thing with how they ousted Edward and how they saw the deadline to do that as his coronation. Some of me thinks its so they have a chance to try and get rid of the monarch before that particular person is thrust upon them for life

I dont know why the dates are slightly off...I mean...we mark it on the date of the coronation, but celebrate it from february of the year before sounds too English to be true that
Old 06-06-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I think there is a gap for a number of reasons. Firstly because as the coronation is the endorsement of GOD, the country has to be certain they are crowning the right monarch. In times gone by their has been much despute about who should be next on the throne, and the gap gives time for these desputes to be played out.

Secondly...they take a hell of a lot of planning and organisation...and finally...some of me thinks it is so that the Government and the Monarchy can ballence the politics of power before take off...look at the thing with how they ousted Edward and how they saw the deadline to do that as his coronation. Some of me thinks its so they have a chance to try and get rid of the monarch before that particular person is thrust upon them for life

I dont know why the dates are slightly off...I mean...we mark it on the date of the coronation, but celebrate it from february of the year before sounds too English to be true that

They were showing all the festivities yesterday on CNN...the coach ride, the balcony appearance. Prince Charles has aged a lot; the Queen looks better than him. She's always very tasteful especially with her hats. I won't mention Camilla other than I don't like her.

So these celebrations will continue to June of next year?
Old 06-07-2012, 10:59 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan