Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-27-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I don't think he can beat the top guys, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't fight. I also think a fight with him and Big Country would be interesting.
I'd rather see him fight Roy than Mir again; I think Roy can take him. I get the feeling that Brock is like that kid who if he's not the one winning, he don't wanna play no more. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, I guess we'll see...
Old 05-27-2012, 11:54 PM

jds is an animal ... brock should stay retired ... i want to see cormier vs big country ... at 205!!! LOL
Old 05-28-2012, 12:46 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'd rather see him fight Roy than Mir again; I think Roy can take him. I get the feeling that Brock is like that kid who if he's not the one winning, he don't wanna play no more. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, I guess we'll see...
He might be that way, but I don't see it. If that were the case he would have left after he lost to Mir. I just think he is like most people when they retire, they step away and see how much they miss it.

This is all just speculation though, we have no idea what Brock is thinking. As most said, it was really odd to see him there as he never just went to fights unless there was something on his mind.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:23 AM

Quote:
He might be that way, but I don't see it. If that were the case he would have left after he lost to Mir. I just think he is like most people when they retire, they step away and see how much they miss it.

This is all just speculation though, we have no idea what Brock is thinking. As most said, it was really odd to see him there as he never just went to fights unless there was something on his mind.
I don't think that is a good fight to use as it was his UFC debut fight. I believe he would have won that first fight with Mir if Mazzagatti hadn't interrupted the fight when he did; Frank got a reprieve with that call and then managed to get the knee bar.

Why did he retire after these last two losses? I feel like maybe his heart isn't 100% in it.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
I don't think that is a good fight to use as it was his UFC debut fight. I believe he would have won that first fight with Mir if Mazzagatti hadn't interrupted the fight when he did; Frank got a reprieve with that call and then managed to get the knee bar.

Why did he retire after these last two losses? I feel like maybe his heart isn't 100% in it.
I think his health has been an issue and I think that is why he retired. But you may be right.

I may be the only one, but I would like to see him come back and fight again provided his health will not be an issue.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:55 AM

Quote:
I think his health has been an issue and I think that is why he retired. But you may be right.

I may be the only one, but I would like to see him come back and fight again provided his health will not be an issue.
Oh yes, I do understand about his health--maybe he came back too soon for those fights; it was quite a lengthy ordeal he went through. Sometimes you feel better and look healthy, but your body is still recovering on the inside.

I've never been a fan, but I wish him well whether he comes back or not.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:00 AM

Seems like his health is not an issue since he has been doing WWE again? He said he retired because of health which doesn't make sense since he is entertaining again in WWE. Seems like he retired because he got KTFO and didn't like it.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
Seems like his health is not an issue since he has been doing WWE again? He said he retired because of health which doesn't make sense since he is entertaining again in WWE. Seems like he retired because he got KTFO and didn't like it.
I don't want to downplay his health issue, but like I told Kevin, that's where my thinking leans also. I think he likes it better when he's the one doing the hitting.

Seriously, if he's going to come back and be a contender against the better-striking heavy weights, he needs to improve in that area. He can move fast for such a hulky guy and he does well when he's on top of his opponent pounding, but there's definitely room for improvement.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
I don't want to downplay his health issue, but like I told Kevin, that's where my thinking leans also. I think he likes it better when he's the one doing the hitting.

Seriously, if he's going to come back and be a contender against the better-striking heavy weights, he needs to improve in that area. He can move fast for such a hulky guy and he does well when he's on top of his opponent pounding, but there's definitely room for improvement.
AGREED!!!!!!

Old 05-28-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
I think he likes it better when he's the one doing the hitting.
Isn't that all fighters?