Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-23-2012, 12:30 AM

Hmm, that's interesting. I've found conflicting things online (esp. for our state of WA) but here is what one "clinic" writes:

Quote:
Our physicians can authorize access to medical marijana for the safe homeopathic treatment of your medical condtion.

Fourteen states have enacted laws and many of those residents have found relief from pain and other symptoms with medical marijuana. GreenLeaf Care specializes in providing medical marijuana prescriptions & recommendations, treatment plans, patient verifications and ID cards. Our physicians are compassionate and knowledgeable, and are experts in the field of medical marijuana.
link here

On the other hand, I was just reading that your physician must "recommend" it so I don't know if that entails an Rx or not.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 05-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
There has never been a PRESCRIPTION written for marijuana in the USA.

You would think that so called "journalists" would at least take the time to do a friggin Goggle search.
OK, I googled it:

Quote:
• Seattle GreenCross - Seattle Medical Marijuana
seattlegreencross.org/
Jun 1, 1999 – Washington State medical marijuana, seattle medical marijuana, doctor referals, marijuana prescriptions, medical. If your looking for a Medical ...

• Medical Marijuana Doctors, Medical Marijuana Card, Evaluation ...
www.emedicalmarijuanacard.com/
Medical marijuana cards are the proof that you have a prescription given by a doctor. Medical marijuana doctors are availble in the states where medical ...

• Medical cannabis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_cannabis
In contrast, common FDA-approved drugs which are often prescribed in lieu of cannabis (such as anti-emetics and anti-psychotics), were the primary cause of ...

• How to obtain a medical Marijuana prescription - Grasscity.com Forums
forum.grasscity.com › ... › Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications
16 posts - 8 authors - Oct 20, 2004
I would like to pay your attention to a very useful article we got recently about how to obtain a medical marijuana prescription.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Well, that's fine but what we really want to know is where you stand on the hypogonadism aisle.

Little dangly bits or Elephantitis?

I always forget the important stuff!
Old 05-23-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Fowlkes dropped a few pegs on this one. Sonnen is applying for an exemption, Diaz got caught red handed. How are those things not different? If Diaz has a legitimate prescription for MJ, why did he not apply for an exemption?

I agree that the decision seems unfair compared to Alistair’s wrist slap, but I guess that’s why you don’t leave it in the hands of the judges.
agreed ... fowlkes is a moron if he thinks the situations are the same ... diaz got caught and it was his second offense ... that is usually grounds for a stiffer penalty ...
Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
OK, I googled it:
"Prescriptions" are not written for Marijuana, because it's still federally outlawed, and any doctor who writes a formal prescription for weed would not only be blacklisted but also look like a dumbass considering you can't get pot at your local Walgreens. What they give is basically "recommendations". The doctors "recommend" you use weed, then how u get it is up to you (within local law...of course... lol).

C'mon brother, you didn't really think I'd tell people to google search without a proper response already lined up, did you?

Just because ignorant fools use the term "prescription" don't mean they used it correctly.

Last edited by J.B.; 05-23-2012 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
"Prescriptions" are not written for Marijuana, because it's still federally outlawed, and any doctor who writes a formal prescription for weed would not only be blacklisted but also look like a dumbass considering you can't get pot at your local Walgreens. What they give is basically "recommendations". The doctors "recommend" you use weed, then how u get it is up to you.

C'mon brother, you didn't really think I'd tell people to google search without a proper response already lined up, did you?

Just because ignorant fools use the term "prescription" don't mean they used it correctly.
so basically medical weed is a cop out for those who don't want to stop smoking and make up some "ailment" so they can get a medical marijuana card so they don't look like low-lifes? got it .. LOL
Old 05-23-2012, 01:51 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

To take it even one step further in proving it's not a "prescription",... answer this question....do you need a special ID from the state to take Tylenol 3?

The answer is no, and I don't care what messed up state you live in. Even if you live in Vermont where child rapists get probation.

Marijuana is heavily regulated, especially in the states that have MM laws. Because it is worth a lot of MONEY!!! These politicians may act like its bad to appease the ignorant, but guess what....most of em smoke the •••• too! If they don't smoke it they really don't care about it. Just like gay marriage, they may not like it up the butt, but they could care less if you do. As long as you vote for them!

Last edited by J.B.; 05-23-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
so basically medical weed is a cop out for those who don't want to stop smoking and make up some "ailment" so they can get a medical marijuana card so they don't look like low-lifes? got it .. LOL
No, "medical" weed is a big "F**K YOU" to a federal government that is full of crap in the states that are wise enough to jump on board. UFC's biggest sponsor is Bud Light, and I know a lot more people that are low-life deadbeat pieces of trash because of alcohol than because of marijuana.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Hailey's Dad

Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Who is Mike I ?