Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 AM

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate them. I'll be in a number of therapy things today. I'll update how they decide I am so far...
Old 05-16-2012, 01:44 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

James, I'm really glad to hear you're doing OK & I hope the therapists give you a good report & a strong gameplan for how to imporve even more. Good luck & I'll be praying.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:03 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Sorry to hear about this. I hope your therapy goes well.
Old 05-17-2012, 10:52 AM

It was pretty good. However, apparently a few days ago I stopped being able to smell or taste anything. They aren't really sure what is causing it right now. It could be some allergy issues or some brain issues. :(

Other than that, I'm progressing really well. The speech therapist has some goals to help my brain function really well. She said my speech and thoughts were top of the line right now. There is still a few functions that will take about a month to try and use to trigger my brain to fire off in a lot of great ways.

Physically therapist said I was doing extremely well, and my muscles are still kinda weak, but they are doing well. Only going to have to do her program for two weeks.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 05-21-2012, 05:54 PM
SupaDupaMod

I wonder if he still remembers us?

Hope he's still okay.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:33 PM

Sorry I haven't responded again. I just haven't really been on the internet that much.

Physical therapy - doing great. My muscles are still badly deteriorated, but they are rebuilding slowly. I've been lifting slightly during the day, along with balance and coordination system tests. Everything is doing well considering that I couldn't even walk a few weeks ago. I can walk again just fine, jog slowly, squat, leg press, leg curls, so I'm doing better.

Occupational Therapy - evaluation was amazing. The therapist stated that I did very well, and there wasn't a single thing she could write down against me. She was very positive with the results she got from her evaluation today.

Speech Therapist - blew me around today with some math tests and a few other types of word/math issues. I didn't have any issues with it and finished it really well, and quick. She was impressed and gave me great reviews for my accomplishments.

I later did some basic knowledge questions and did perfect on those as well.

I'm healing well, somethings slower than others, but still healing. My brain still has bruising so it's going to take a little while for it to heal properly.

Thank you all for your reading and comments.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:00 AM
SupaDupaMod

Sounds like you are doing great! I hope you get back to 100%.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
It was pretty good. However, apparently a few days ago I stopped being able to smell or taste anything. They aren't really sure what is causing it right now. It could be some allergy issues or some brain issues.
Interesting...so you were able to taste and smell and then all of a sudden you couldn't? I'd be very interested to know if your smell and taste return, James, when you've completely healed. I will be praying for you that this is so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Sorry I haven't responded again. I just haven't really been on the internet that much.

Physical therapy - doing great. My muscles are still badly deteriorated, but they are rebuilding slowly. I've been lifting slightly during the day, along with balance and coordination system tests. Everything is doing well considering that I couldn't even walk a few weeks ago. I can walk again just fine, jog slowly, squat, leg press, leg curls, so I'm doing better.

Occupational Therapy - evaluation was amazing. The therapist stated that I did very well, and there wasn't a single thing she could write down against me. She was very positive with the results she got from her evaluation today.

Speech Therapist - blew me around today with some math tests and a few other types of word/math issues. I didn't have any issues with it and finished it really well, and quick. She was impressed and gave me great reviews for my accomplishments.

I later did some basic knowledge questions and did perfect on those as well.

I'm healing well, somethings slower than others, but still healing. My brain still has bruising so it's going to take a little while for it to heal properly.

Thank you all for your reading and comments.
That's fantastic news, James. I'm sure your positive attitude is helping tremendously also in your healing. Keep it up!
Old 05-22-2012, 06:02 AM

Like Bonnie and Neez said, this is great news, James. You have a good attitude and I believe that does help in healing.

Hang in there, we need you in the predictions race!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 05-22-2012, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Sounds like you are doing great! I hope you get back to 100%.
Thank you so much. It will take some time, but 100% is exactly what I am going to accomplish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Interesting...so you were able to taste and smell and then all of a sudden you couldn't? I'd be very interested to know if your smell and taste return, James, when you've completely healed. I will be praying for you that this is so.

That's fantastic news, James. I'm sure your positive attitude is helping tremendously also in your healing. Keep it up!
Thank you for the comment and prayers. It makes my eyes water just thinking about the people that have done this for me. I'm extremely emotional and I want to thank you in person if I could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Like Bonnie and Neez said, this is great news, James. You have a good attitude and I believe that does help in healing.

Hang in there, we need you in the predictions race!
I miss you all soooo much, even though it has only been a month. Thank you for replying; it helps me a lot.