Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 05-09-2012, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
Why?.........What has GSP done for the UFC and what are his great accomplishments? Not finishing fights? Always going to decision? Having Vasoline rubbed all over his upper body? Quitting after getting punched by Matt Serra? Putting on sub-par performances just about every time he fights? Kicking Matt Hughes in the groin several times in the same fight, then winning? (had to throw that one in there)
He's not even committed to the sport of MMA.....Not long ago he was going to leave and try to compete in the olympics.
I dont even like GSP but wow, this is one of the craziest posts ive ever seen. When GSP retires he def deserves to be in the HOF.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 05-09-2012, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Why?.........What has GSP done for the UFC and what are his great accomplishments? Not finishing fights? Always going to decision? Having Vasoline rubbed all over his upper body? Quitting after getting punched by Matt Serra? Putting on sub-par performances just about every time he fights? Kicking Matt Hughes in the groin several times in the same fight, then winning? (had to throw that one in there)
He's not even committed to the sport of MMA.....Not long ago he was going to leave and try to compete in the olympics.
WOW!!!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!? Now I've seen everything! ! !

Im SPEECHLESS

SMH!!

Thats why I

Old 05-09-2012, 03:04 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
WOW!!!!! SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?!? Now I've seen everything! ! !

Im SPEECHLESS

SMH!!

Thats why I

How long you been waiting to use that pic?

GSP will get in when he either retires or contemplates it....he is far from that time. And that is when he should get in, not now. There is no reason to put in a current champ who has years ahead of him.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
How long you been waiting to use that pic?

GSP will get in when he either retires or contemplates it....he is far from that time. And that is when he should get in, not now. There is no reason to put in a current champ who has years ahead of him.
LoL!!!! quite some time now!!!

I agree with you... I just think it's way beyond Stupid to say GSP hasn't accomplished anything! I don't care how much you hate the guy one has to give credit where credit is due...
Old 05-09-2012, 05:53 AM

It's not that I don't like GSP as a person or a fighter, he just doesn't impress when he fights anymore. Seems to play it safe all the time and not try to finish, ever. The "old" GSP (rush) used to go in for the kill, not anymore.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:34 AM

Quote:
It's not that I don't like GSP as a person or a fighter, he just doesn't impress when he fights anymore. Seems to play it safe all the time and not try to finish, ever. The "old" GSP (rush) used to go in for the kill, not anymore.
I don't disagree, it's true he was a different fighter before the Serra knockout, even though he's finished Matt & BJ since.

However, this is why I still enjoy his fights...when he's on his game, nobody can do anything against him in the cage if he won't let them! Nor can they stop him from doing what he wishes...eye pokes, hail mary punches & last second arm bars notwithstanding.

Until he's dethroned or retires, he's still a true champ in my eyes whether he finishes, or just dominates.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:22 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
+1 I won't be upset if he is inducted at a later time, but now no.....He's not legend status yet.