Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 05-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
If I could get away with it, I totally would...
I could get away with it, but I'd have to miss a workout. Can't do that.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:33 PM
Administrator

Avengers made over $200 million on opening weekend, that's a new record (so long Harry Potter ). It's also reached the $100 million, $150 million and $200 million milestones faster than any other film in history.

Just during it's first three days, it's already made more than Thor ($181m), Captain America ($176.6m) and Incredible Hulk ($134.8m) did during their entire theatrical runs. It hasn't surpassed Iron Man's grosses yet ($318.4m and $312.4m), but it most likely will by next weekend.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3438&p=.htm

I like how the article talks about the "problem" of familiarizing non-comic book fans with characters like Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor. Even someone who has never picked up a comic book in their life is going to at least know who the first three are.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Avengers made over $200 million on opening weekend, that's a new record (so long Harry Potter ). It's also reached the $100 million, $150 million and $200 million milestones faster than any other film in history.

Just during it's first three days, it's already made more than Thor ($181m), Captain America ($176.6m) and Incredible Hulk ($134.8m) did during their entire theatrical runs. It hasn't surpassed Iron Man's grosses yet ($318.4m and $312.4m), but it most likely will by next weekend.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3438&p=.htm

I like how the article talks about the "problem" of familiarizing non-comic book fans with characters like Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America and Thor. Even someone who has never picked up a comic book in their life is going to at least know who the first three are.
nice ... who'd a thought the highest grossing film would be a disney movie ... woot!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
didn't he say something after his run in with loki? demi-god?

but he did say something ... but everyone was laughing so hard that it may have been tough to pick up ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, that happened in my theater, too!

I need to sneak out for a looooooonnngggg lunch & catch a matinee viewing so I'll have a better chance of hearing some of those "hidden" lines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I kind of sounded like he said something, but the whole theater was laughing so hard that it was impossible to pick up. I guess we'll never know for sure until it comes out on DVD.
Jagger said he missed some stuff, too, because of the other people in the theatre. He said there were times when people were clapping and cheering and others when they were laughing too loud. He was kinda aggravated. lol. He wants to go again. Just us he said. Then he wants to see it again in 3D. They were sold out on the 3D showings when he went.

My mom wants to see it again. lol. She has never been into movies like that. I can't wait to see it!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:24 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Jagger said he missed some stuff, too, because of the other people in the theatre. He said there were times when people were clapping and cheering and others when they were laughing too loud. He was kinda aggravated. lol. He wants to go again. Just us he said. Then he wants to see it again in 3D. They were sold out on the 3D showings when he went.

My mom wants to see it again. lol. She has never been into movies like that. I can't wait to see it!
I'm definitely planning to go see it in 3D, prolly tomorrow night. I will gladly pump my money into this giant to make it the highest grossing film ever!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:37 PM

i'll watch it in regular d (lol?) ...saw it in 3D and it was good .. worth the money ... i hasvent seen a movie twice in the theatres since rocky 4 ...LOL
Old 05-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Avenger's high school pics:

Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 AM

i've just watched it in 3-d last night and really enjoyed it!.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i'll watch it in regular d (lol?) ...saw it in 3D and it was good .. worth the money ... i hasvent seen a movie twice in the theatres since rocky 4 ...LOL
That was a music video, not a movie! It was so bad.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 AM
Administrator

After 19 days in theaters (only 10 days in US theaters), The Avengers has reached the $1 billion mark for worldwide ticket sales. That puts it right up there with Avatar and Harry Potter: Deathly Hallows Pt. 2.
http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3443&p=.htm

It's the fastest movie to reach $300 million and $350 million in US ticket sales. It also enjoyed the best 2nd weekend ever with $103.2 million, completely surpassing the previous record holder, Avatar, that made "only" $75.6 million in its second weekend.
http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3442&p=.htm

With these kinds of numbers, I wonder is DC is going to try their hand at a superhero team franchise and we might see a Justice League movie within the next few years? While it would be cool to see a movie that features Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Martian Manhunter, etc. all onscreen together, I wonder if the logistics of it all are even going to be possible.