Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Are you a MMA fighter? If not, then what's your point?

my point was a response to the first few paregraphs in the article

"Doctor visits must be so terrifying when youíre a famous athlete. The second you hit it big as a fighter or baseball player or track and field star, it seems thereís always some medical professional trying to shoot you up with one mysterious injection or another. Happens all the time, if you believe the version of events offered by athletes like UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem or baseball star Barry Bonds.

Think youíre getting some harmless vitamins? No way, pal. To hear some athletes tell it, they can hardly walk down the street without being pumped full of performance-enhancing substances against their will. These poor, poor souls. All they want to do is stay clean, and this cruel world of ours just won't let them.

Isnít it funny how this never seems to happen to normal people? Most of us just donít seem to receive free pharmaceuticals with such regularity. Most of us could go our whole lives and never run into the kind of doctors who, when questioned under oath, are suddenly unable to recall whether they told us what was in the shot they were about to give us. Then again, most of us arenít looking for those sorts of doctors."

I never get drug tested so I have no idea if something that my doctor is giving me would cause me to piss hot. I dont know if a simple pill my doctor gives me casue I'm sick also is used as a masking agent for roids. I dont really care if when my doctor gives me a shot if it has steroids in in that will help me recover faster. If I buy something from GNC I have zero clue if it was a contaminated batch. When athletes go to the doctor the doctor knows that there are certain medications that the athletes cant take becasue they are on the banne dsubstances list, sometimes the doctors and athletes make mistakes. Do I think this happens all the time, no, there are athletes who use banned substances to improve performance. Every now and then though I do think its an honest mistake.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 04-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
When athletes go to the doctor the doctor knows that there are certain medications that the athletes cant take becasue they are on the banne dsubstances list, sometimes the doctors and athletes make mistakes. Do I think this happens all the time, no, there are athletes who use banned substances to improve performance. Every now and then though I do think its an honest mistake.
The trick is to get those mistakes to happen often enough to let you pack on seventy pounds of solid muscle in the span of an MMA career.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
my point was a response to the first few paregraphs in the article

I never get drug tested so I have no idea if something that my doctor is giving me would cause me to piss hot. I dont know if a simple pill my doctor gives me casue I'm sick also is used as a masking agent for roids. I dont really care if when my doctor gives me a shot if it has steroids in in that will help me recover faster. If I buy something from GNC I have zero clue if it was a contaminated batch. When athletes go to the doctor the doctor knows that there are certain medications that the athletes cant take becasue they are on the banne dsubstances list, sometimes the doctors and athletes make mistakes. Do I think this happens all the time, no, there are athletes who use banned substances to improve performance. Every now and then though I do think its an honest mistake.
You're not an athlete. (just pointing out that using yourself as an example is funny.)

If you are an athlete then NOT asking isn't an honest mistake.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
You haven't battled with me over gsp in a long time!
Lol, I know it won't do any good! You admit up front you often don't have any logic behind your likes/dislikes for certain fighters. Besides, you don't hate him the way you used to...although your "little baguette" comment in another thread made me laugh!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:12 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Lol, I know it won't do any good! You admit up front you often don't have any logic behind your likes/dislikes for certain fighters. Besides, you don't hate him the way you used to...although your "little baguette" comment in another thread made me laugh!
I can't help myself sometimes!! I hate other fighters I troll and can't stand as of late.. Brunson,YvesEdwards, Dan Hardy,some POS Bamma fighter Leeroy Barnes,Kos,Siyar.. The list goes on..
Old 04-28-2012, 04:55 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I think he shouldn't have juiced in the first place
/thread
Old 04-28-2012, 05:14 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
LOL... I think you love playing Devil's Advocate, even when it makes no sense. What shots do doctors give out when you are "sick" that have steroids in it? Did you ever have a shot for a serious breathing problem, that required a steroid like prednisone, to open up your lungs so you can breathe? Probably not, but you sure know how to reference GNC when it fits your argument.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:49 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Here's Overeem at Molina's clinic, alongside Tra Telligman, who is apparently the one who tipped Alistair off to Molina's "compatibility":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ty0LPFcCSIA