Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 04-17-2012, 04:29 PM

I don't care for Romney.......I honestly do not think he will be much better than Obama. Every 4 years we get to pick the media's established candidate and IT'S WRONG! Seriously, what choices do we get? Our legislature and media has broken the system!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:33 PM

just wondering .. it looks like its a foregone conclusion that mitt is the man .. does it help or hurt him that the others in the race aren't conceding and dragging this on ... or does this have to happen this way???
Old 04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
just wondering .. it looks like its a foregone conclusion that mitt is the man .. does it help or hurt him that the others in the race aren't conceding and dragging this on ... or does this have to happen this way???
It hurts them, mostly. I think the way Mitt conducted himself after he lost last time is part of the reason he did so well this time. I think Gingrich and especially Santorum really downgraded themselves by playing sore looser.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
It hurts them, mostly. I think the way Mitt conducted himself after he lost last time is part of the reason he did so well this time. I think Gingrich and especially Santorum really downgraded themselves by playing sore looser.
i guess .. but it may also work in his favour ... the more he wins these states handily could sway the "hard-core" conservatives who have said they wouldn't vote for a mormon .. i could be wrong though ..
Old 04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
the "hard-core" conservatives who have said they wouldn't vote for a mormon ...
I donít know many of those, I think that is largely a wishful thinking myth among liberals, born of fear that Mitt will beat the crap out of The Obama.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:28 PM

Gingrich has said this morning that he is dropping out.

Quote:
He will complete his North Carolina schedule this week, making it something of a goodbye tour while supporters, friends and family arrive from across the country for his departure from the race.
------
Gingrich said that he and Callista are still committed to going to Tampa, but made it clear that they would be attending as Romney supporters and not as spoilers for the nomination.
As for Ron Paul...well, he's on a Paulian schedule.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 04-25-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
the more he wins these states handily could sway the "hard-core" conservatives who have said they wouldn't vote for a mormon
Those people you are talking about, rnc, are just so biased and, frankly, idiotic, IMO. Romney is not running for a religious position but for a secular government position. Anyone who has actually spent time with Mormons knows that in general they are wonderful people - family oriented, involved in their communities and very supportive of those in need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
I don’t know many of those, I think that is largely a wishful thinking myth among liberals, born of fear that Mitt will beat the crap out of The Obama.
I hope you're right about that PRS. I've been telling my better half that Mitt will win by a landslide (and a bit of that may be my wishful thinking :-) It's the economy. Meanwhile, Pres. Obama is running around campaigning in swing states on taxpayer dollars while claiming it is "official business".

Last edited by flo; 04-25-2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:02 PM
Hailey's Dad

Word about Romney's potential VP running mates was in CNN today. One of the possibilities that makes sense to me is Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son). Ron Paul still has a very large following that would vote for him as an independent. If Rand was VP candidate, Ron would most likely remove himself from the running and support the Romney/Paul ticket and push his supporters in that direction. I really think that's Romney's best bet.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Word about Romney's potential VP running mates was in CNN today. One of the possibilities that makes sense to me is Rand Paul (Ron Paul's son). Ron Paul still has a very large following that would vote for him as an independent. If Rand was VP candidate, Ron would most likely remove himself from the running and support the Romney/Paul ticket and push his supporters in that direction. I really think that's Romney's best bet.
Mike, my husband and I have both thought from the beginning that Paul the Elder's point in staying in the race was to secure a position or political advantage for his son. Rand seems to be a little more flexible in his foreign policy views and I think he would be a great choice for VP.