Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default War with British Gas increases in intensity

Soooo After stealing my money...which I got back through an indemnity claim, British Gas are now sending me threatening letters through the post saying they will start legal proceedings if I dont pay, and send in debt collectors.

Yet every time I phone they are trying to remove the wretched metre which shouldnt be on my bill...the people contact all say I dont need to pay...but the machines keep churning out letters that are getting more and more threatening

Old 04-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Soooo After stealing my money...which I got back through an indemnity claim, British Gas are now sending me threatening letters through the post saying they will start legal proceedings if I dont pay, and send in debt collectors.

Yet every time I phone they are trying to remove the wretched metre which shouldnt be on my bill...the people contact all say I dont need to pay...but the machines keep churning out letters that are getting more and more threatening

This is getting to be absolutely ridiculous. If I were in you shoes, I'd start putting together something for the local newspaper/TV news.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
This is getting to be absolutely ridiculous. If I were in you shoes, I'd start putting together something for the local newspaper/TV news.
The main problem with everything seems to be that to complain whilst in despute is silly because things just get more and more idiotic...when I made my first blog about this I thought it was over...I was ready to complain...and then they stole my money.

What I have to do is just keep a record of everything at present, and wait until they either do more then simply write threatening letters...OR they resolve the issue.

THEN I ask them for financial compensation, and if they refuse, I go to the Press, the Ombudsmen, and Her Majesties Government. Trust me...I will.

The longer and more stupid this gets...the more chance I have. What would be ideal is for them to physically steal the money again, or to send round someone to try and get the money from me in person. Then I probably have grounds for thousands in compensation....at the moment it may only be hundreds.

Soooo im keeping records...by leaving paper trails, and names, and creating a fact file of who says what, and when. Like these posts...they are all time logged...I can print them out in 6 months and proove they were written AT THE TIME and not made up. Reporting as the story unfolds each week in my blog, each day in my journal...until such time as this has come to pass...and then I collate everything...and press "send"

In one way i'm peaceful...in another way I'm angry and upset...and in another way I'm a little bit skeered im going to get into real trouble...
Old 04-16-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
The main problem with everything seems to be that to complain whilst in despute is silly because things just get more and more idiotic...when I made my first blog about this I thought it was over...I was ready to complain...and then they stole my money.

What I have to do is just keep a record of everything at present, and wait until they either do more then simply write threatening letters...OR they resolve the issue.

THEN I ask them for financial compensation, and if they refuse, I go to the Press, the Ombudsmen, and Her Majesties Government. Trust me...I will.

The longer and more stupid this gets...the more chance I have. What would be ideal is for them to physically steal the money again, or to send round someone to try and get the money from me in person. Then I probably have grounds for thousands in compensation....at the moment it may only be hundreds.

Soooo im keeping records...by leaving paper trails, and names, and creating a fact file of who says what, and when. Like these posts...they are all time logged...I can print them out in 6 months and proove they were written AT THE TIME and not made up. Reporting as the story unfolds each week in my blog, each day in my journal...until such time as this has come to pass...and then I collate everything...and press "send"

In one way i'm peaceful...in another way I'm angry and upset...and in another way I'm a little bit skeered im going to get into real trouble...
Respond to the letter with a polite letter. Include as many facts, names, etc. as possible. Keep a Xerox copy of your letter. Mail it via certified/signature required post to have a record of it.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 PM

It's just awful that you are having to go through this, Tyburn! I hope you can take VCU's or PTM's advice and get it resolved - finally.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 04-17-2012, 10:52 AM
Hailey's Dad

Bomb them.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:20 AM

You should take a dump in a shoebox and mail that to them. Gas companies and Council's etc piss me off with their failure to do ANYTHING. Then when you go to offices to speak to people they are either not there or are not allowed to get involved with your issue.

Now I just write complaints to my local MP and strangely my issues are sorted within a week. Strange isn't it?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 PM

Hold tight, Lad, and think of Lancashire Hotpot!
Old 04-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Hold tight, Lad, and think of Lancashire Hotpot!
Considering my proximity to York, and the outcome of the War of the Roses.....I dont think I will be having "lancashire" anything!

Now Yorkshire Hotpot maybe

The House of Lancaster fell a few centuries ago and...well...does anyone even know where lancaster is