Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-22-2012, 09:08 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree Chel Lost period.

But the argument goes the same way when they say.

Anderson Is going to wipe the floor with Chael Sonnen in the Rematch!

Or

Chael Sonnen is going to Wipe the floor with Anderson Silva.

That's just each of our Bias towards the fighter...

One would say by "Logic" Chael has more of a chance to beat Silva since he handedly handed his @ss to him for 4-1/2 rounds but...

We are smarted than that and we know their is really no such thing as Logic in MMA.

As much as I hate this saying "Anything can Happen in MMA"

Now Ill just wait for you too school me with your vast knowledge J.B!!
You know you are my favorite person on the forum
I agree with everything you said here brother, and to be fair there are some fans of Silva who buy into the idea that the last fight was a "fluke" either because they say "Silva had a broken rib" or "Chael was cheating by using testosterone". The "broken rib" talk is nonsense, because in my opinion any athlete who goes out and competes with an injury is doing that knowing very well that it could be detrimental to their performance. As for the TRT, that is a grey area and while I do believe it can give a fighter an advantage I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I really know how much of an effect it had on the fight because I've never used synthetic testosterone (unlike the Nick Diaz situation, where I will openly admit that I've smoked weed and can say with 99.9% assurance that it had no effect on the fight).

The thing about this fight for me is pretty simple. From the time they booked the first fight, I have had the same opinion that in a 25 minute fight I would bet on Silva to find a way to finish Chael (either by KO or submission), and I was proven right, even if it did take Silva 24 minutes to do it. We always knew Silva's defensive wrestling was his weak spot, and Chael is the perfect guy to exploit that. So, from that perspective, I still tend to laugh when people act like what Silva did was a "fluke" and not only will Chael do the same thing in the rematch , but this time he is gonna get the job done. If rematches have shown us anything throughout history, in both boxing and MMA, it's that rematches hardly ever live up to the hype. Typically the rematches end quick, and it's only a handful of times that we see rematches or trilogies like Israel Vasquez vs Rafael Marquez.

Don't get me wrong though, this fight could very well look exactly like the first, and Chael CAN win this fight. However, if you were going to put a gun to my head and ask for a prediction, I would have to pick Silva by early KO/TKO simply because that's what the odds would likely suggest based on Silva's reputation and what history has shown us. If Chael wins, especially by decision, expect to see the rubber mach.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I agree with everything you said here brother, and to be fair there are some fans of Silva who buy into the idea that the last fight was a "fluke" either because they say "Silva had a broken rib" or "Chael was cheating by using testosterone". The "broken rib" talk is nonsense, because in my opinion any athlete who goes out and competes with an injury is doing that knowing very well that it could be detrimental to their performance. As for the TRT, that is a grey area and while I do believe it can give a fighter an advantage I'm not gonna sit here and pretend like I really know how much of an effect it had on the fight because I've never used synthetic testosterone (unlike the Nick Diaz situation, where I will openly admit that I've smoked weed and can say with 99.9% assurance that it had no effect on the fight).

The thing about this fight for me is pretty simple. From the time they booked the first fight, I have had the same opinion that in a 25 minute fight I would bet on Silva to find a way to finish Chael (either by KO or submission), and I was proven right, even if it did take Silva 24 minutes to do it. We always knew Silva's defensive wrestling was his weak spot, and Chael is the perfect guy to exploit that. So, from that perspective, I still tend to laugh when people act like what Silva did was a "fluke" and not only will Chael do the same thing in the rematch , but this time he is gonna get the job done. If rematches have shown us anything throughout history, in both boxing and MMA, it's that rematches hardly ever live up to the hype. Typically the rematches end quick, and it's only a handful of times that we see rematches or trilogies like Israel Vasquez vs Rafael Marquez.

Don't get me wrong though, this fight could very well look exactly like the first, and Chael CAN win this fight. However, if you were going to put a gun to my head and ask for a prediction, I would have to pick Silva by early KO/TKO simply because that's what the odds would likely suggest based on Silva's reputation and what history has shown us. If Chael wins, especially by decision, expect to see the rubber mach.
Yeah I agree with you. You know I'm one of Chael's biggest fans here but I can see where you are coming from here... believe me when I say that as soon as the first bell goes off in the first round...

Im going to grip my beer tight!!!
Hold my breath....
and
not blink for a second!!!

I will be rooting for Chael 100%

But if it happens not to be his night (again)

I hope it's not via submission
Old 03-25-2012, 09:46 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Yeah I agree with you. You know I'm one of Chael's biggest fans here but I can see where you are coming from here... believe me when I say that as soon as the first bell goes off in the first round...

Im going to grip my beer tight!!!
Hold my breath....
and
not blink for a second!!!

I will be rooting for Chael 100%

But if it happens not to be his night (again)

I hope it's not via submission
I was just watching this on Youtube....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QyK...feature=relmfu

doesn't it sound like Bisping says Chael is walking around with the "fag" middlweight belt?

Not TRYING to offend anybody, but that's what it sounds like, and I laughed.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I was just watching this on Youtube....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7QyK...feature=relmfu

doesn't it sound like Bisping says Chael is walking around with the "fag" middlweight belt?

Not TRYING to offend anybody, but that's what it sounds like, and I laughed.
LoL!!! Yeah it sounds like it!!

Is it just me or does Chael look emaciated in this video? I think he cut a lot of weight for this...
Old 04-03-2012, 07:34 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Happy Birthday Chael SONNEN!!!!!!