Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

I wish we did have more information about what's going on, but I respect it's his business. From the article, Brian makes it sound like it was just a matter with his paperwork, but from Bellator, it sounds like there is something medically wrong.

I really hope Brian isn't playing the odds with his life.

Praying and wishing for the best for him...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Bella79's Avatar
Bella79 Bella79 is offline
I♥The♔COUNT
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: So★Cal♥ England
Posts: 743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I wish we did have more information about what's going on, but I respect it's his business. From the article, Brian makes it sound like it was just a matter with his paperwork, but from Bellator, it sounds like there is something medically wrong.

I really hope Brian isn't playing the odds with his life. Praying and wishing for the best for him...
That's why he frustrates me so much! He is always consumed with fighting he forgets about his health!! You said it very nicely. I come off mean as we know..
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
That's why he frustrates me so much! He is always consumed with fighting he forgets about his health!! You said it very nicely. I come off mean as we know..
No, not mean, it is frustrating (and scary) to see someone possibly risking their life unnecessarily. I wish we knew what he's been told by the doctors and if he is ignoring their advice. I think for some of these guys who put so much into fighting, it's hard for them to think or accept that they might not be able to fight again. I don't know if that's the case with Brian, but if it comes down to that for him, his life is more important than being able to fight...at least in my opinion.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:47 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

Good thing this isn't his family board or I'd be in trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amills View Post
You may not care, but I bet his family does...
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:49 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

Too many one hit wonders out there. Seriously, there must be tens of thousands of guys out there fighting for a few hundred bucks a fight every once in awhile. Must have back up plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well, considering he makes a living or supports his living by fighting, it kinda sucks that he can't get clearance to fight ... his health is more important though and i hope he gets better before he can fight again ...
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-26-2012, 11:51 PM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

I know! What's up with that



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
That's why he frustrates me so much! He is always consumed with fighting he forgets about his health!! You said it very nicely. I come off mean as we know..
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-27-2012, 03:03 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,668
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Too many one hit wonders out there. Seriously, there must be tens of thousands of guys out there fighting for a few hundred bucks a fight every once in awhile. Must have back up plan
Yeah, for when life throws a wrench in the works.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.