Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 03-23-2012, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Are you on the committee to pick BCS bowl games?
no, but I will say this about the BCS bowl games. I am a Virginia Tech fan, Im talking like major super massive cried when they lost the National Championship game to FSU fan, and I dont think Virginia Tech should have been in the Sugar Bowl. There were a lot of teams that were more deserving than Tech was.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 03-23-2012, 04:39 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post

I know its not relaed but this pic came back when I typed in BA DUM TISH.....
Old 03-23-2012, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Sorry bro, any credibility you had is now shredded. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt when you said streamers should have to pay legal fees back to UFC but now I just LOL....

Continue...
whats wrong with the BCS? out of the 14 years its been around I would say all but twice it got the correct teams in the National Championship game. The two exceptions were 2001-2002 with Nebraska and 2008-2009 with Oklahoma. Now I think a plus one would be a better system but I dont think a 16 team playoff is the answer for college football.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
no, but I will say this about the BCS bowl games. I am a Virginia Tech fan, Im talking like major super massive cried when they lost the National Championship game to FSU fan, and I dont think Virginia Tech should have been in the Sugar Bowl. There were a lot of teams that were more deserving than Tech was.
Then you should agree that the BCS is crap and college football needs a new system.....Might I suggest a playoff?
Old 03-23-2012, 04:46 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
whats wrong with the BCS? out of the 14 years its been around I would say all but twice it got the correct teams in the National Championship game. The two exceptions were 2001-2002 with Nebraska and 2008-2009 with Oklahoma. Now I think a plus one would be a better system but I dont think a 16 team playoff is the answer for college football.
The fans want a playoff, and it's been that way for years. It's obvious that the current system is crap. There are too many teams for us to just let old-dogs and sports writers pick who gets to compete at the end of the year. Would you want it to work that way in the NFL?
Old 03-23-2012, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
You've been told before in the MMA & UFC section: keep hate out of a Juju thread. If you want to, go create a "Shaka should have left" thread & you can discuss it with whoever follows you in there. In the mean time, keep your trolling out of my thread.
Once again I didnt say he should have left, I asked why he didnt and as i stated before you answered my question. You stated that people at VCU really like him and that he now has his recruits to run his system and not another coaches recruits (this is something I didnt know, I had zero clue about his system or the type of players he needs to run it). had you just responded to my first post with

"Weíve got an even better recruiting class coming in (including the younger brother of our only senior, who is touted to be even better) and from here on out, these are all players who Shaka brought in specifically for Havoc, not Anthony Grantís players he was able to convert amazingly well."

and

He's in a city he loves at an institution he loves coaching a team he loves.

then my response would have been that in most cases coaches tend to take higher profile jobs but it makes sense why he chose to stay. Kinda like how I ended one of my posts with this

"You did answer my question though as to why he may not want to take the position. He might feel at home in richmond or it might be the fact that he wants to see what his system can do once its filled with player who were recruited for his system."

Old 03-23-2012, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Then you should agree that the BCS is crap and college football needs a new system.....Might I suggest a playoff?
Well the main point if the BCS was to match #1 against #2 and thats what it does. The rest is really up to the other bowls.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 AM

Quote:
The fans want a playoff, and it's been that way for years. It's obvious that the current system is crap. There are too many teams for us to just let old-dogs and sports writers pick who gets to compete at the end of the year. Would you want it to work that way in the NFL?
well there are 32 NFL teams and 120 FBS teams. If college football were to go to a 16 team playoffs (thats the number of teams I hear thrown out the most) that would mean that 11 of the 16 spots would be taken up by division champions with only 5 at large bids. SO your playoff teams would have been

*Clemson (ACC champ)
*Wisconsin (Big Ten champ)
*Southern Miss (CUSA champ)
*Northern Illinois (MAC champ)
*Oregon (Pac 12 champ)
*LSU (SEC champ)
*Oklahoma State (Big 12 champ)
*West Virginia (Big East champ)
*TCU (MWC champ)
*Arkansas State (Sun Belt champ)
*Louisiana Tech (WAC champ)
*Alabama (ranked #2 in BCS)
*Stanford (Ranked #3 in BCS)
*Arkansas (Ranked #6 in BCS)
*Boise State (ranked #7 in BCS)
*Kansas State (ranked #8 in BCS)

You have 3 teams that arent even ranked in the playoffs. You also leave out 12 of the top 25 teams in the country, including two top 10 teams, out of the playoffs. Teams like TCU and Boise State have no reason to go to better conferences if all they have to do is win the WAC or MWC to make it into the playoffs. Now you could still do some type of bowl system as well, because with out some type of bowl system you leave 104 teams with out any type of post season play. Even with a playoff how do you pick those 5 at large teams. You think teams are pissed now when they dont get a BCS bowl, can you imagine if in one poll Ohio State is ranked #7 but in another is ranked #9 and they end up getting left out of the playoff. People would be crying for a full year. Even with 37 at-large teams in the NCAA tournament there are issues, can you imagine trying to pick only 5 at-large teams. I think a plus one would be fine and just keep the rest of the system the same.

Oh also, i love how people forget that 37 of the teams in the NCAA tournament are picked by a bunch of old men in a room. Its not like the NFL they have a bunch of tie breakers to determine who gets in, its all opinion.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:53 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
well there are 32 NFL teams and 120 FBS teams. If college football were to go to a 16 team playoffs (thats the number of teams I hear thrown out the most) that would mean that 11 of the 16 spots would be taken up by division champions with only 5 at large bids. SO your playoff teams would have been

*Clemson (ACC champ)
*Wisconsin (Big Ten champ)
*Southern Miss (CUSA champ)
*Northern Illinois (MAC champ)
*Oregon (Pac 12 champ)
*LSU (SEC champ)
*Oklahoma State (Big 12 champ)
*West Virginia (Big East champ)
*TCU (MWC champ)
*Arkansas State (Sun Belt champ)
*Louisiana Tech (WAC champ)
*Alabama (ranked #2 in BCS)
*Stanford (Ranked #3 in BCS)
*Arkansas (Ranked #6 in BCS)
*Boise State (ranked #7 in BCS)
*Kansas State (ranked #8 in BCS)

You have 3 teams that arent even ranked in the playoffs. You also leave out 12 of the top 25 teams in the country, including two top 10 teams, out of the playoffs. Teams like TCU and Boise State have no reason to go to better conferences if all they have to do is win the WAC or MWC to make it into the playoffs. Now you could still do some type of bowl system as well, because with out some type of bowl system you leave 104 teams with out any type of post season play. Even with a playoff how do you pick those 5 at large teams. You think teams are pissed now when they dont get a BCS bowl, can you imagine if in one poll Ohio State is ranked #7 but in another is ranked #9 and they end up getting left out of the playoff. People would be crying for a full year. Even with 37 at-large teams in the NCAA tournament there are issues, can you imagine trying to pick only 5 at-large teams. I think a plus one would be fine and just keep the rest of the system the same.

Oh also, i love how people forget that 37 of the teams in the NCAA tournament are picked by a bunch of old men in a room. Its not like the NFL they have a bunch of tie breakers to determine who gets in, its all opinion.
Wow, you put some work into that bracket!

I will have to address this one tomorrow when I wake up, it's very late and I'm tired, and it wouldn't be fair if I gave a half-ass response.