Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-22-2012, 07:17 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well, it kinda is his problem as he has tested positive before and the commissions don't like being wrong ..... i could be wrong, but i don't think he'll get off this and will be suspended for the year ..
I'll give you that, it IS technically Nick's problem, but you know what I meant. You are also right that the commission doesn't like to be called out or told they are wrong, even though they are wrong all the time.

If history has shown us anything in these cases it's that if you appeal the case to the commission, and especially if you come in with a good lawyer, you will typically get off with about half of the punishment you expected to get. I would be shocked if Nick actually got the whole thing thrown out, and I think Nick and his lawyer would be too. I don't think they expect the commission to come out and admit they are wrong or that they need to change their methods. Ultimately they are doing damage control for Nick so that he can get back to fighting (if that's what he wants to do). However, if it shines some public light on the commission and the flaws in their system, that is just a bonus.