Default My Aviary!

I call it The Pulver House of Birds

Construction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-5t5HA2Y5c

Aviary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMNUrzlEEEo

Aviary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOtqMfB7UaA

I've lost two Birds this week though...Bonnie the Zebra finch had an accident on Tuesday 5th March inside the enclosure during the night, it was too dark for her to see inside the shed and something happened and she died overnight. then on Thursday 9th March, Mike the Society Finch who had been really struggling with the move to the aviary and was frightened to come out of the shed and into the flight even during the day was found floating in his drinking water outside in the middle of the afternoon...it shouldnt have been deep enough for him to drown in...I think the stress got to him and he kinda committed suicide

Other then that, all things are progressing very well. I hope to get new birds next week
Old 03-11-2012, 03:02 AM

Mike seemed very nervous, but Bonnie looked like she was perfectly at home already. Sad they didn't make it, Dave.

Thanks for the videos.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:36 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Mike seemed very nervous, but Bonnie looked like she was perfectly at home already. Sad they didn't make it, Dave.

Thanks for the videos.
Indeed...those are the last videos/pictures I had of the pair...I shall be working on my memorial videos this afternoon, and the official announcement will be made in the weekly blog on monday.

Its a nice Aviary though isnt it
Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 PM
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!

Sorry to hear it Dave. Welcome back man.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Chris F View Post
Sorry to hear it Dave. Welcome back man.
Thanks I'm hoping to buy some more birds this week and then have a fresh start so to speak.

Its also VERY good to be back
Old 03-11-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Indeed...those are the last videos/pictures I had of the pair...I shall be working on my memorial videos this afternoon, and the official announcement will be made in the weekly blog on monday.

Its a nice Aviary though isnt it
It's very nice. Jens and Wyman and I can't think of the "tennis ball" bird's name all looked like they were happily adjusted to their new environment. Great idea using the wooden coat hangers for perches!

How do you keep them warm, do you have a heater in the enclosed section?
Old 03-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
It's very nice. Jens and Wyman and I can't think of the "tennis ball" bird's name all looked like they were happily adjusted to their new environment. Great idea using the wooden coat hangers for perches!

How do you keep them warm, do you have a heater in the enclosed section?
Very shortly I shall have a greenhouse heater in the shed. This doesnt really heat the shed but it will keep the shed above freezing point at all times. Without it snowing they shouldnt need a heater although in the winter I may well give a blast of a proper heater for an hour a night.

Remember these are desert birds, so they have the ability to withstand great heat and a certain amount of cold. I cant really have a heater out there without them either burning themselves on it, or the wood catching fire...I also have no electricity in the back garden

Basically these are questions we are going to address the experts across the summer so that next winter we are prepared, but for now, the worst is behind us and we should be getting reasonable weather from now on...if it really gets VERY cold, frosty or worse...I will probably stuff them back in their cages and bring them in for the nights

The tennis ball bird is called Jojo
Old 03-11-2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Very shortly I shall have a greenhouse heater in the shed. This doesnt really heat the shed but it will keep the shed above freezing point at all times. Without it snowing they shouldnt need a heater although in the winter I may well give a blast of a proper heater for an hour a night.

Remember these are desert birds, so they have the ability to withstand great heat and a certain amount of cold. I cant really have a heater out there without them either burning themselves on it, or the wood catching fire...I also have no electricity in the back garden

Basically these are questions we are going to address the experts across the summer so that next winter we are prepared, but for now, the worst is behind us and we should be getting reasonable weather from now on...if it really gets VERY cold, frosty or worse...I will probably stuff them back in their cages and bring them in for the nights

The tennis ball bird is called Jojo
Oh, yeah, "JoJo"! Who was "Mike" named after?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Oh, yeah, "JoJo"! Who was "Mike" named after?

I'm waiting for the memorial video before I tell him

btw I hate the new sherdog design and I also hate that imageshack now force you to register
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 AM

Quote:

I'm waiting for the memorial video before I tell him

btw I hate the new sherdog design and I also hate that imageshack now force you to register
Seriously? I thought he was named after our Mike... I have no clue who that other guy is.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16