Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I'm a little bit sad that Frankie Edgar lost, mostly because I remember spending quite a while talking to him at the fan expo and what I really liked was when it came time to say goodbye, I just said that I hoped he could hold on to the championship belt for a while...and he said "so do I"

Benson Henderson isnt bad at all...but his capturing of the title shows what a shyte Dana White was to Anthony Pettis, and that has got to reflect badly...just simply that NOONE should have been alowed to challenge for the title before Pettis...its obvious that they should do the rematch now

As for dropping weight...I'm afraid I like Jose Aldo far to much to want to see Frankie Edgar fight him I think Frankie should hang fire and wait for the outcome of the pettis rematch and then try for a rematch...how ironic that everyone he fought and beat seemed to get an instant rematch, but the moment he slips...the company wants to boot him from the division...oh the irony!
Dave, Pettis was 1-1 in the UFC heading into last Saturday, Ben was a perfect 3-0. It's not Dana's fault that Pettis chose to take a fight to stay busy and lost. That was a risk he was fully aware of & accepted with open eyes. You can't stick this one on Dana.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dave, Pettis was 1-1 in the UFC heading into last Saturday, Ben was a perfect 3-0. It's not Dana's fault that Pettis chose to take a fight to stay busy and lost. That was a risk he was fully aware of & accepted with open eyes. You can't stick this one on Dana.
Yes I can...because Dana White made a promise to Anthony Pettis BEFORE either of the pair were in the UFC.

If Dana White had not broken his promise then Pettis...even if he failed, would have been granted his shot.

THIS is the perfect example of what happens to good men when the organization decides to act in an imoral fashion. Think for one moment about the effect this might have had on Anthony Pettis

The root of the problem was NOT the loss with Pettis...the root of the problem was Dana White broke his problem, and a lesser man then pettis would have probably never had a chance at fighting for gold again...thankfully, Pettis pulled one back, and has a history with Benson that keeps him relevent...if it wasnt for that you can fairly say that Dana Whites lack of integrity over keeping his word could have cost this man the best part of his career.

I think the UFC should be more careful when they mess around with peoples lives. Dana White can easily get out of this sort of problem, either keep your word, OR dont make promises in the first place. Its very dishonourable to make a vow and not fullfill it....you see the repuccusions of that with the Henderson win.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:55 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Yes I can...because Dana White made a promise to Anthony Pettis BEFORE either of the pair were in the UFC.

If Dana White had not broken his promise then Pettis...even if he failed, would have been granted his shot.

THIS is the perfect example of what happens to good men when the organization decides to act in an imoral fashion. Think for one moment about the effect this might have had on Anthony Pettis

The root of the problem was NOT the loss with Pettis...the root of the problem was Dana White broke his problem, and a lesser man then pettis would have probably never had a chance at fighting for gold again...thankfully, Pettis pulled one back, and has a history with Benson that keeps him relevent...if it wasnt for that you can fairly say that Dana Whites lack of integrity over keeping his word could have cost this man the best part of his career.

I think the UFC should be more careful when they mess around with peoples lives. Dana White can easily get out of this sort of problem, either keep your word, OR dont make promises in the first place. Its very dishonourable to make a vow and not fullfill it....you see the repuccusions of that with the Henderson win.
I agree!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:36 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I hope my girlfriend doesn't propose to me.

My wife would be pissed!