Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Administrator

Default BLOG: NJCAA Hall of Fame

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Right now I'm headed to Columbus, Ohio to make an appearance for Lone Star Distribution at the Arnold Classic. I'll be there tomorrow and Saturday at the Lone Star booth. Come see me.

There's been quite a few matches here recently that have been close with some disagreement on who really won the fight (Edgar/Henderson, Diaz/Condit). The only thing I have to say about close decisions is that you should never let it go to the judges because you never know what is going to happen. When time expires and nobody has won, sometimes it's like flipping a coin.

Last weekend, I was inducted into the NJCAA Hall of Fame. I travelled to Rochester, Minnesota to receive the award and watch the matches. Had a great time, saw a lot of old friends, watched some very good matches, and probably the best thing about the trip was the time I got to spend with Dave Klemm. We rode up and back together and just got to catch up. For those who don't know, Dave was my wrestling coach at Lincoln College. The Linx had several place winners, one national champion and ended up taking third as a team.

Been working out a bit and my body's feeling pretty good. Kind of getting that itch to compete a little bit.

This Saturday night is a new episode of Trophy Hunters TV on the Outdoor Channel. It has me going to a gym and doing some work there. Check with the times listed below and tune in if you can:

Quote:
Tuesday at 6pm EST / 5pm CST
Wednesday at 8am EST / 7am CST
Saturday at 8pm EST / 7pm CST
The show description for this week:

Quote:
MATT MEETS THE MAT
(Airs the week of February 27, 2012)
While hunting for whitetail in south Texas, Matt Hughes visits a local MMA gym to meet fellow combatants weeks before an upcoming fight. And he still has time to kill a south Texas trophy whitetail.
The Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper. (Proverbs 13:4)
-matt