Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 02-29-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
Thanks Ben .... I needed to hear that. SIGH - I made a mistake this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post
I did know better. I let her beauty captivate me.
You already knew the answer, didn't you.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:37 AM

Viz, everybody here has given such good advice. I'll simply add from a totally secular point of view that workplace dating can turn out to be a nightmare. I know there are times that it does work but as a rule it can get to be a real mess....

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-29-2012, 06:16 AM
Hughes fanboy

It's so HARD!!! I BURN for her!!!!

I am so angry at myself for doing this. I don't know how to approach her. Tonight I put it off - just couldn't work up the words and avoided it, but I think she's losing interest all the same. She isn't saying anything though ...

I really messed up guys. I needed to hear your encouraging words I am so lost over this.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-29-2012, 07:34 AM

The purpose of dating is to ultimately form a lifelong partnership involving erotic love. You aren't dating this woman for the conversation about religion. You are hoping to fall in love, get married, have sex, have children (hopefully, in that order) You should always assume that the person you are dating will not improve in any of the characteristics that you dislike. Women, especially, are prone to making the mistake that they will "change" the prospective mate. Odds are, she will not change (at least in a good way). She will not become a Christian. Any changes are likely to be ones you will not like (put on weight, nagging, focus on children and not on you, etc., etc., etc.). If you are married and are serious about your vows, you accept that fact and deal with any unpleasantries. You should not go into a marriage with conflicting views on the important things of life - like religion. You will have enough problems pop up without pre-existing ones. When you have children, she will not want to raise them with a devout faith that she does not share. In my opinion, it is unwise to date a woman that you don't see as marriage material. You are wasting her time as well as your own. If you BURN for her, it will not be long before you are involved in an intimate sexual relationship. Life is hard. Life isn't fair. Play The Man and break it off.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I disagree, RNC. "Missionary dating" is really dangerous & the Bible specifically warns against it:

Vizion, I'm certainly not saying it'll be easy, but take this opportunity to hide yourself in God's arms. Take every pain directly to Him and pour out your heart to Him. Spend time in His Word looking to Him for your comfort. He's the only one who can give you the peace you desire.

And RNC's right: don't turn your back on this girl. Be absolutely upfront with her ("I really like you, but I can't date someone who's not a Christian"). Maybe God has put you in her life to be a witness & this is the catalyst He has chosen. But do not jeopardize your faith for any reason whatsoever.
yeah .. what he said ...
Old 02-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
The purpose of dating is to ultimately form a lifelong partnership involving erotic love. You aren't dating this woman for the conversation about religion. You are hoping to fall in love, get married, have sex, have children (hopefully, in that order) You should always assume that the person you are dating will not improve in any of the characteristics that you dislike. Women, especially, are prone to making the mistake that they will "change" the prospective mate. Odds are, she will not change (at least in a good way). She will not become a Christian. Any changes are likely to be ones you will not like (put on weight, nagging, focus on children and not on you, etc., etc., etc.). If you are married and are serious about your vows, you accept that fact and deal with any unpleasantries. You should not go into a marriage with conflicting views on the important things of life - like religion. You will have enough problems pop up without pre-existing ones. When you have children, she will not want to raise them with a devout faith that she does not share. In my opinion, it is unwise to date a woman that you don't see as marriage material. You are wasting her time as well as your own. If you BURN for her, it will not be long before you are involved in an intimate sexual relationship. Life is hard. Life isn't fair. Play The Man and break it off.
Wow, that's really well said, PTM. I feel like about 90% of that spoke directly to me, too. Thank you for your words.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
so you are saying some of us did it backwards?????????
Old 02-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
so you are saying some of us did it backwards?????????
Yeah, I usually try to have kids, get married, fall in love, then have sex.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Hailey's Dad

Since this is in the woodshed and not in the christianity section, is it fair game for me to add my advice?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, I usually try to have kids, get married, fall in love, then have sex.
i could see how that wouldn't work .. LOL ...