Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-28-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
I appreciate the optimism & enthusiasm, but how about we wait & see how his knee recovery & subsequent unification bout goes? Lol.
regardless of who gsp fights at ww, he won't have a problem ... and he will recover just fine ... sure it was a bad injury, but knowing him, once it is healed, he'll get back into great shape ...
Old 02-28-2012, 09:10 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
sorry, but gsp would have no problem with bisping ... he'd have a tough first round against chael, but tool him the rest of the fight ...
He would have a problem once Bisp does a leg kick to his bummed knee.. and Chael would take his arse down like a callgirl.
Mentally he would break.. He can't handle mental warfare.. Michael and Chael are warriors.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
regardless of who gsp fights at ww, he won't have a problem ... and he will recover just fine ... sure it was a bad injury, but knowing him, once it is healed, he'll get back into great shape ...
I tend to agree, hopefully he comes back better than ever (a scary thought for his opponents).

I don't know about him against top 5 middle weights though...they are much larger than him. Not that size & strength are everything, but when the skill difference is small, they do tend to make the difference. I hope he makes the jump while still in his prime so the questions can be answered.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
I tend to agree, hopefully he comes back better than ever (a scary thought for his opponents).

I don't know about him against top 5 middle weights though...they are much larger than him. Not that size & strength are everything, but when the skill difference is small, they do tend to make the difference. I hope he makes the jump while still in his prime so the questions can be answered.
gsp looks like he can pack some size on that frame and a lot of the time with size comes strength .... gsp has fought strong guys like alves and didn't have a problem ... and if a guy like jake shields can muscle around dan henderson, i have no problem thinking that gsp could hang with these guys
Old 02-29-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
He would have a problem once Bisp does a leg kick to his bummed knee.. and Chael would take his arse down like a callgirl.
Mentally he would break.. He can't handle mental warfare.. Michael and Chael are warriors.
bisping would be on his back before he could get anything off .. sure he's improved his takedown defense .. but he hasn't face someone with the offensive skills and takedown ability like georges .. gsp via domination