Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-23-2012, 06:57 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
LOL, you're having way too much fun with this thread tonight JB!
I've had fun with all 7,871 posts the last 6-7 years.

You need more ammo though my friend. I think I made some good points this time.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:07 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

I agree, I really didn't have any retort because I agreed.

It's kinda hard anymore though to agree who is the bigger PPV star with only the promoters talking about numbers rather than HBO or PPV releasing official numbers. It does seem skeptical as rumored Floyd had 800k with Ortiz while I think it was Ellerbe saying 1300k or something like that. Same with Pac's last fights except the Marquez fight that produced big numbers, I think it was 1.5 million. Mayweather's old 2.4 million with DLH makes a big difference. I could probably do a calculation of PPV buy averages since both guys fought DLH, but I really don't care. I honestly liked that Pac proposed 45/45 with 10% going to the winner; IMO, if Floyd really thinks he's going to win the fight, why didn't he accept that offer and go with it? I said years ago it should be 40/40 with 20% going to the winner, if both guys think they're so awesome, they should just do that. It's nice these guys kind of get to make their own decisions on things, but this kind of crap just really sours us fans who deserve this fight, and those guys deserve each other honestly.

IMO, the #s with Cotto/Mayweather will surpass Cotto/Pacquiao (1.25 million) though. This is a legitimate fight and a BADASS undercard, besides, we all know arguably Pac/Mayweather are #1/#2 PPV kings while you probably know, but most people probably don't know is that Cotto is the #3 PPV king. This fight should bring in the big bucks!

Not excited about watching Pacquiao face Bradley. That is a fight that looks good on paper only. I will probably only buy that if Tecate offers the $25 rebate here in TX again, but they may not since it's not a Mexican fighter against Pac.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:43 AM

They should split it 50/50 and stop crying like little bitches. It's hardly going to hurt either of their wallets. I'm so sick of all this I'd love to slap the pair of them in the face - elevators worry me more than these two whiny little fags.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
They should split it 50/50 and stop crying like little bitches. It's hardly going to hurt either of their wallets. I'm so sick of all this I'd love to slap the pair of them in the face - elevators worry me more than these two whiny little fags.
Agreed, it's absolutely stupid the fight originally was suspended due to blood testing and now that's out of the way, it's back to money even though that was originally settled. It's always something or another with Floyd, it's beyond ridiculous him demanding 70%.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:36 PM

floyd would be crazy to split this 50-50 .. i don't know what he is asking for, but he deserves about 70-30 .. that would be fair .. he is going to be the draw, not manny
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
Soulja boy tell em!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:59 AM

What I found ridiculous was Dana telling Floyd to stick to boxing and mine his own business instead of worrying about basketball!

Says the president of the UFC Mixed Martial Arts telling a boxer who is talking about a basketball player!

Old 02-27-2012, 01:14 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
What I found ridiculous was Dana telling Floyd to stick to boxing and mine his own business instead of worrying about basketball!

Says the president of the UFC Mixed Martial Arts telling a boxer who is talking about a basketball player!

Old 02-27-2012, 03:25 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post