Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 02-22-2012, 03:36 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default Dereck Chisora Brawl With David Haye

J.B. & Rock, I'm surprised y'all aren't talking about this. I had to hear about this through Jim Rome's sound board, I'm disappointed in y'all!!

Quote:
Even more from today's Dereck Chisora vs. Vitali Klitschko event, as at the post-fight press conference Chisora got into a brawl with David Haye. Chisora dropped a clear but hard fought decision to Klitschko, becoming only the fourth man to make it to the scorecards against the champion.

Much had been made in the build up of Chisora's statements that he "wouldn't back down" like Haye had when he fought Vitali's brother Wladimir. The tension between Chisora and Haye boiled over after the fight as described through these multiple tweets from SI's Chris Mannix's Twitter:

Quote:
..during the press conference, Bernd Boente, the Klitschko's manager said: "With the bad experience we've had with British fighters we will now look for other countries.

"Contrary to David Haye, Dereck Chisora really went for it and really tried."

Haye, who was at the back of the room, said: "You don't want to fight David Haye, no?"

Boente replied: "You had an offer, you didn't accept it, now you are out. You are out. Out, out, out. You cannot talk yourself back into the fight, you have no belts. Chisora showed heart, contrary to you. You showed your toe

[Haye claimed he broke a toe before the fight]."

Chisora and his promoter Frank Warren then appeared to goad Haye into an all-British fight, with Chisora repeatedly saying "How's your toe?"

Haye hit back that Chisora was a loser, prompting Chisora to leave the stage and confront Haye, sparking the brawl.

At one point Haye picked up and swung a tripod and Booth, who was trying to break things up, was left with a wounded face.
It's insanity of the highest degree and I'm curious what is going to come of this brawl, the police involvement and Chisora's multiple...I guess you have to call them death threats.

To be clear, Chisora is a bad guy and a bit of a loose cannon. He's assaulted a police officer in the past, picked up an assault charge for attacking his girlfriend, as well as possession of a weapon and has a history peppered with run-ins with the law. That's not to say that he's "actually" going to shoot Haye, but it may add some gravity to the statements and have driven the police intervention.

Wladimir enjoying two of his most hated rivals getting into it is pretty hilarious though.
Quote:
After losing a hard-fought decision to Vitali Klitschko, Dereck Chisora managed to get into a wild brawl with David Haye at the post-fight press conference. We've already described the mayhem and now we've got video.

Haye threw the first punch after boiling over with frustration after being repeatedly insulted by Chisora who vowed to fight more aggressively against Vitali than Haye did against Wladimir last year. Chisora lost it and threatened to shoot Haye and apparently struck Haye's manager Adam Booth.

The BBC describes the action:
Quote:
...during the press conference, Bernd Boente, the Klitschko's manager said: "With the bad experience we've had with British fighters we will now look for other countries.

"Contrary to David Haye, Dereck Chisora really went for it and really tried."

Haye, who was at the back of the room, said: "You don't want to fight David Haye, no?"

Boente replied: "You had an offer, you didn't accept it, now you are out. You are out. Out, out, out. You cannot talk yourself back into the fight, you have no belts. Chisora showed heart, contrary to you. You showed your toe

[Haye claimed he broke a toe before the fight]."

Chisora and his promoter Frank Warren then appeared to goad Haye into an all-British fight, with Chisora repeatedly saying "How's your toe?"

Haye hit back that Chisora was a loser, prompting Chisora to leave the stage and confront Haye, sparking the brawl.

At one point Haye picked up and swung a tripod and Booth, who was trying to break things up, was left with a wounded face.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWQs8...layer_embedded

Looks like there is a tiny bit of life in boxing's heavyweight division. Too bad the action inside the ring doesn't match the action outside the ring.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:18 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Chisora is a bit crazy, and Haye likes to run his mouth, so this wasnt very surprising. This pic made me LOL pretty good...

Old 02-22-2012, 07:25 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Sorry, I just really am not too interested in it. Haye was a HUGE disappointment in his fight with Wladimir, talking all that and he didn't even TRY to back it up.

I'm more interested in the Mayweather/Cotto fight and the badass undercard that comes with it (Mosley/Alvarez) and not very interested in watching Pacquiao murder Bradley, that fight is only one that looks good on paper.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:29 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Chisora is a bit crazy, and Haye likes to run his mouth, so this wasnt very surprising. This pic made me LOL pretty good...

Yes, that photo is great!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
Sorry, I just really am not too interested in it. Haye was a HUGE disappointment in his fight with Wladimir, talking all that and he didn't even TRY to back it up.

I'm more interested in the Mayweather/Cotto fight and the badass undercard that comes with it (Mosley/Alvarez) and not very interested in watching Pacquiao murder Bradley, that fight is only one that looks good on paper.
I agree.

While I laughed when I heard what happened, my overall reaction was...meh...