Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Default Volkmann and Sass UFC 146

The latest addition to the ever growing UFC 146 card is set between two lightweight fighters.

Both Jacob Volkmann and Paul Sass have agreed to square off in Las Vegas.

UFC 146 is set to take place on in May’s UFC 146 event set to take place in Las Vegas Nevada’s MGM Grand Garden Arena. In the main event UFC heavyweight champion, Junior Dos Santos will attempt to defend his title against Alistair Overeem.

After a less than perfect start in the UFC’s welterweight division, Jacob Volkmann has looked unstoppable amongst the promotions lightweights. Now riding a five-fight win streak, he will desperately look to gain a sixth straight win and prove to UFC matchmakers he belongs on the mix at 155. We last saw Volkmann up against the always game Efrain Escudero at UFC 141.

Sass is a British fighter who brings a solid 12-fight win streak into the matchup. We last saw him in action taking out Michael Johnson via heel hook at UFC on Versus 6 this past October. He has since been forced on the shelf due to injury but now with this recent booking to fight his ailments must be behind him.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:37 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

I am very excited to see my good friend Paul Sass back fighting!! Team Kaobon boy!!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:05 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

My dad likes Sass, too, because of that Johnson fight (we went to watch it live). I really don't know why he got behind him so much, but when Sass pulled off that heel hook, he got real fired up & was shouting. That's very un-Dad-like, he's a very reserved guy!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:10 AM

sass via heel hook
Old 02-22-2012, 12:17 AM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
My dad likes Sass, too, because of that Johnson fight (we went to watch it live). I really don't know why he got behind him so much, but when Sass pulled off that heel hook, he got real fired up & was shouting. That's very un-Dad-like, he's a very reserved guy!
Awesome!! Paul is so good at all kinds of different subs.. He is better than Etim IMHO... He's a cool dude. I will tell him he has a few Yank fans !!