Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Entertainment

Old 02-13-2012, 03:31 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
You can love each other and still be toxic together. It just seems like her life/career turned south after they married. I don't know, maybe she was already into drugs before they hooked up.

I'll never forget when they did that televised tribute to Clive Davis, Whitney was supposed to sing for him, and for some reason, Bobby Brown was on stage too, at one point he goes over and takes her mike from her and starts singing and jumping all over the stage like it was "his" performance. She seemed startled and maybe a little panicked and trying not to show it when he finally gives the mike back to her so she could finish singing. To me it was like he was trying to steal her thunder, her moment. I can't help but wonder if there wasn't some jealousy on his part towards her; sometimes when the woman is more famous and successful, the man's ego can't take it. And wasn't he abusive towards her? When they did that reality show, it didn't look like he was very respectful or nice to her.
Bobby was a total Ike.. Jealous of her.. Sad now Rihanna will be the next one victim to this.... Bleh, so sickening how toxic some people really are.. Sad that she could not get out of it for her childs sake even.. Just goes to show money nor fame cannot provide happiness and peace...
Old 02-13-2012, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
"Cooking Dude"? Seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Wow. I remember my sister recording ‘I Wanna Dance With Somebody’ off MTV and watching it over and over. The world is so different now.

Hey! Don’t pick on the new guy!

But seriously, ‘Cooking Dude?’
He could be a chef, ya know! Besides, who doesn't love a man who can cook!

"Cooking Dude"...I like it!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Bobby was a total Ike.. Jealous of her.. Sad now Rihanna will be the next one victim to this.... Bleh, so sickening how toxic some people really are.. Sad that she could not get out of it for her childs sake even.. Just goes to show money nor fame cannot provide happiness and peace...
They mentioned Friday after all this happened that her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, has been photographed snorting cocaine so it looks like she could already be following in her parents' footsteps.

I was shocked when I was watching the Grammys last night and they mentioned that Rihanna and Chris Brown are back together--they are trying to keep it quiet for now. I don't know what she sees in him especially after what happened before when he beat her. I was thinking the same thing as you, Bella, this could possibly be the worst decision of her life.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:24 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
They mentioned Friday after all this happened that her daughter, Bobbi Kristina, has been photographed snorting cocaine so it looks like she could already be following in her parents' footsteps.

I was shocked when I was watching the Grammys last night and they mentioned that Rihanna and Chris Brown are back together--they are trying to keep it quiet for now. I don't know what she sees in him especially after what happened before when he beat her. I was thinking the same thing as you, Bella, this could possibly be the worst decision of her life.
I don't even allow Rihanna or Chris Brown music in my house. I think she is an idiot and so is he.
I thank GOD I have never been hit by a man and the creeps I attract are cheaters, but that's a whole another story. I feel bad for women in situations like that, but I don't feel sorry for millionaires who can leave with no excuses. My heart goes out to a woman tied down financially with a jerk and gets beat for her kids to eat vs some rich broad who got whomped on and went back.. Just disgusts me!
Old 02-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I don't even allow Rihanna or Chris Brown music in my house. I think she is an idiot and so is he.
I thank GOD I have never been hit by a man and the creeps I attract are cheaters, but that's a whole another story. I feel bad for women in situations like that, but I don't feel sorry for millionaires who can leave with no excuses. My heart goes out to a woman tied down financially with a jerk and gets beat for her kids to eat vs some rich broad who got whomped on and went back.. Just disgusts me!
It is hard to understand her decision to go back with him. I wish her the best; I just hope her decision to give him a second chance doesn't cost her more this time around.

I always wondered what attracted Whitney to Bobby Brown. I mean I don't see it, but I guess something about him attracted her. She had money and means, yet she chose to stay for 14 years so maybe women with money are just like other women, trapped in the psychological cycle of abuse.
Old 02-13-2012, 07:04 PM

RIP, Whitney. We will always remember your amazing voice and talent...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 02-14-2012, 03:52 PM

I used to wonder that too, "Why doesn't she just leave?"

Then I became involved in a relationship that eventually became abusive in my early 20's. The changes are subtle at first...and by the time it's really bad, you don't even know how you got there. And if my experience was like most, the reason they don't "just leave" is because the psychological abuse is so much worse than the physical. They isolate you from family and friends, they demean you, they screw with your mind to the point where you really start to think it's your fault.
Mine was such a good actor, that when I finally left (8 days before our wedding) my friends and family were stunned that this had been going on . The day I left, he told me he was going to hang himself. I offered to tie the knot good and tight for him. Lol. He didn't of course, and I won't lie, he had me so screwed up that there was a point that I nearly did go back with him,but by the grace of God, I didn't.

Looking back now, I'm disgusted that it happened, that I allowed it to happen and I'm supposed to be an intelligent person--things like that don't happen to women like me, right? Well it's in every class, every race and may be your next door neighbors--and like I said, it happens slowly. If you know someone that you suspect is being abused, don't ever stop trying to find the truth and don't ever stop trying to help.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread.
RIP Whitney.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:54 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I used to wonder that too, "Why doesn't she just leave?"

Then I became involved in a relationship that eventually became abusive in my early 20's. The changes are subtle at first...and by the time it's really bad, you don't even know how you got there. And if my experience was like most, the reason they don't "just leave" is because the psychological abuse is so much worse than the physical. They isolate you from family and friends, they demean you, they screw with your mind to the point where you really start to think it's your fault.
Mine was such a good actor, that when I finally left (8 days before our wedding) my friends and family were stunned that this had been going on . The day I left, he told me he was going to hang himself. I offered to tie the knot good and tight for him. Lol. He didn't of course, and I won't lie, he had me so screwed up that there was a point that I nearly did go back with him,but by the grace of God, I didn't.

Looking back now, I'm disgusted that it happened, that I allowed it to happen and I'm supposed to be an intelligent person--things like that don't happen to women like me, right? Well it's in every class, every race and may be your next door neighbors--and like I said, it happens slowly. If you know someone that you suspect is being abused, don't ever stop trying to find the truth and don't ever stop trying to help.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread.
RIP Whitney.
My heart bleeds that you went through that.. I am so sorry, but I am also glad you are out of it... You are a strong woman.
You did not derail anything.. You speak from experience.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:28 PM

Quote:
My heart bleeds that you went through that.. I am so sorry, but I am also glad you are out of it... You are a strong woman.
Thanks--it was a long time ago--I'm old now and have had enough really great experiences since then that it's faded away...The funny "silver lining" that it gave me--I was 5'2" and about 115 lb. He was 6'6" 220lb. It was not a fair fight...I used to be really timid though before I met him, and after I got out of that relationship, it made me really outspoken and it was as if I had made it through that, so nothing else could really scare me. (Until I had kids--that's a whole different kind of worry though!).

And on that note, I've been reading where Whitney's daughter has been taken to the hospital a few times since her death. I really hope she can find some peace.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
The "strong woman" label is a backhanded compliment. I jokingly say it to my wife sometimes. If you will notice, it is usually used by Oprah or someone of her ilk towards a woman who, through bad decisions, has messed up her life. A "strong woman" usually is a woman who was impregnated by a criminal, has a history of substance abuse, or raised a juvenile delinquent, etc. So, a woman of accomplishment, like Condi Rice, will not be referred to as a "strong woman" . . . it will be someone like Britney Spears, Mary Jo Buttafuoco, Whitney Houston, etc.

I know you meant it as a compliment. I couldn't help commenting (probably should have kept my big mouth closed) because it has become a pet peeve of mine. It is joining other words and phrases like "our rich diversity", "fair share", "speak truth to power", etc., etc., etc.

Last edited by Play The Man; 02-14-2012 at 09:27 PM.