Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 02-10-2012, 02:38 PM

Default Is the Bible outdated?

OK, i know i am going to get a lot of flack for this, but it is a serious question. I know some people are gonna say things, like God's word can't be out-dated etc. What leads me to ask this question, is this ..

I recently saw a documentary called Love Crimes of Kabul ... it was about women who were committing "moral" crimes that went against the word of the koran ... the whole time i was watching it, i couldn't help but think how backward and out dated these people are .. and then i realized, they are just doing what the koran says ...

i then went and read my bible .. mostly Leviticus and looking at the different "laws" and it talks about killing adulterers, stoning those who talk against God etc ... and i thought to myself, what if the documentary was enforcing some of the laws of the bible ... i would also think the people were crazy and backward ..

so ... like i said, i know i will get some heat for this, but my intent is not to upset anyone ..
Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

You presented your question with respect why should anyone get mad? If anything I can see replies then the usual dogfights of who is right.. Another day on the MH forum
Old 02-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Ask any child whether adultery is OK. We are under Grace, so we donít kill people for sins anymore, but sin is still sin.

Those people who justify their behavior by claiming God is out dated are welcome to tell Him that at Judgment.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Stump Rules!

The bible isn't out dated we're over dated. I say let's go back to the day!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-10-2012, 04:03 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
The bible isn't out dated we're over dated. I say let's go back to the day!
Yes!! Finally my chance to churn butter!!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:18 PM
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!

The problem is not the bible but mankind that is messed up. The reason you think it is outdated is because you have been conditioned by a liberal educational system to think there is no such thing as absolute truth. You have been told to think everything has a grey area. When in fact morality is black and white. There must be a compass by which to judge what is right and what is wrong.

Jesus came and fulfilled the laws of Moses so we are no longer under those laws. We can eat shellfish, we mix cheese and meat, we can enjoy bacon. We are not sent to Hell if we go to church on Sunday as opposed to Saturday. Etc Etc. Jesus had to concerns that summed up all the law and that was love your God with everything and love your neighbor. If one does that then they will not find themselves willfully sinning.

So the answer is a big NO the bible is not outdated In fact it is the most timeless writing on the planet. Man does not want to be held to such a high standard, so human nature tell them to view it as outdated and not needed.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Stump Rules!

Not me, I'd kill myself if I had to live in those days but you all can!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 02-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
OK, i know i am going to get a lot of flack for this, but it is a serious question. I know some people are gonna say things, like God's word can't be out-dated etc. What leads me to ask this question, is this ..

I recently saw a documentary called Love Crimes of Kabul ... it was about women who were committing "moral" crimes that went against the word of the koran ... the whole time i was watching it, i couldn't help but think how backward and out dated these people are .. and then i realized, they are just doing what the koran says ...

i then went and read my bible .. mostly Leviticus and looking at the different "laws" and it talks about killing adulterers, stoning those who talk against God etc ... and i thought to myself, what if the documentary was enforcing some of the laws of the bible ... i would also think the people were crazy and backward ..

so ... like i said, i know i will get some heat for this, but my intent is not to upset anyone ..
You're going to get heat if you're asking it respectfully. No it's not outdated - the Levitical texts you talk about refer to the old covenant between God and the Hebrew people.

Jesus is the new covenant. The Jews of today should be following their messiah, not those old laws.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 02-10-2012, 06:11 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
You can visit me and churn some butter.

We're pretty close to some Amish.
Old 02-10-2012, 06:15 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
You can visit me and churn some butter.

We're pretty close to some Amish.
I can imagine churning butter would help with the arm flab I am currently rocking!!
I have never seen a real Amish person. I would stand frozen if I did!!