Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I think being outscored wins more points than walking forward at someone. Diaz didn't control the cage, but he did show agression. However, agression by walking forward doesn't negate agression from the other fighter in the forum of strikes. If you wanted to make the case of cage control, then I'd say Diaz needed to control where Condit when, and he didn't do that at all. Diaz walked forward, getting hit, and then Condit circled out without Diaz controlling that space.
That's why I agree that Carlos won 3, 4 & would have won the 5th save for the TD, back take & sub attempt.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
That's why I agree that Carlos won 3, 4 & would have won the 5th save for the TD, back take & sub attempt.
He won 1, 3, and 4. The only round that was close out of those three was the first. Depending on your criteria of landing strikes, vs walking forward are the only real considerations there. For me, landing the more meaningful strikes outweighs the appearance of aggression in this case.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:06 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
He won 1, 3, and 4. The only round that was close out of those three was the first. Depending on your criteria of landing strikes, vs walking forward are the only real considerations there. For me, landing the more meaningful strikes outweighs the appearance of aggression in this case.
Hahaha, you see what I'm talking about with needing to make the judging criteria more substantial?

You & I agree that Carlos won 3 & 4. You also think he won 1, whereas I think he could have won 5. On the other hand, you've got Cecil Peoples who believes he won every round except 3. That means a round that you & I both think was solidly Diaz wasn't & a round we both thought was solidly Carlos also wasn't.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:16 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
If I am the lone wolf on this forum I will stick to Diaz won that fight.. Since when do you get points for laps? LMAO oh sorry he did kick Diaz my bad.. Oh and someone should tell Carlos those dumb spins looked retarded slow motion baby.
I don't have any problem with the strategy Carlos used, but I still say Diaz won that fight. I gave rounds 1, 2, and 5 to Diaz, as did many other fans and fighters. It was obviously a close fight, and I don't take anything away from Condit for backing up and circling away from Nick, but I also don't think leg-kicks should be worth as much in terms of scoring as punches to the face or body. I said the same thing when Forrest leg-kicked his way to the title through Rampage, and those kicks actually did some serious damage to Page.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
I don't have any problem with the strategy Carlos used, but I still say Diaz won that fight. I gave rounds 1, 2, and 5 to Diaz, as did many other fans and fighters. It was obviously a close fight, and I don't take anything away from Condit for backing up and circling away from Nick, but I also don't think leg-kicks should be worth as much in terms of scoring as punches to the face or body. I said the same thing when Forrest leg-kicked his way to the title through Rampage, and those kicks actually did some serious damage to Page.
Let's just go this route... even if you lessen the "reward" for leg kicks to "half"
their value... Condit still landed more shots by "half" a strike.

;)

Going back and watching the first round a few times over, nothing has been able to change my mind, and that is that Condit won that first round.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:04 PM

arguing over this now is probably dumb now anyway .. diaz failed his drug test and this is his second violation in NV ... the fight would have probably been determined a NC if diaz had won ...

i actually feel bad for nick because he suffers from some social disorder that causes him serious anxiety issues ... i think he self medicates with weed to lessen the effects when he is in public ... i also think he has a problem with achievement and plays a certain role to maintain this "under-achiever" persona ... i don't think he is getting any help from the people who he surrounds himself with (go on youtube and you can see him and his friends smoking weed, messing around etc) ... like f34r stated, he needs to grow up, get a new camp (i think cesar holds this brainwashing patriarch mentality thing over his team, which is a whole other story) ... and get some professional help ... again, i don't know this guy, but from what i see in interviews, how he acts in the cage etc ... this is my opinion ... either that, or he really is just dumb .. but i don't think that is fair to say .. LOL