Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 02-06-2012, 06:44 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Not everybody has a LOCAL sports bar that shows the fight. I'll typically buy the PPV or one of my friends will but every once in a while, it just doesn't work out.
Agreed. I'm fortunate that there are about 4-5 bars within just a few minutes of my place that show the PPVs, but now that there will be fights in FuelTV (which I don't get), I won't be able to stream them like I was able to with some of these prelims so far.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Not everybody has a LOCAL sports bar that shows the fight. I'll typically buy the PPV or one of my friends will but every once in a while, it just doesn't work out.
Oh I see my bad. The UFC is pretty big here so most of the sports bars I would 90% of them have the fights. Although some charge up to 15$ to watch them pfft absurd!!!

I only buy the once I really really like. I bought this one and Ill buy the Chael vs Silva one as well. Usually I go out and see them. Im lucky I have Fuel Tv so Ill be watching at home. The only thing I dont like about Fueltv is the quality of that channel sucks!! They dont offer it in HD which is the only reason why I dont watch Bellator, they dont offer MTV2 on hd here.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Morning Report: Cesar Gracie Duels Greg Jackson, Roy Nelson Parties With Coolio

Quote:
Feb 7, 2012 - Saturday is long gone, but the Condit vs. Diaz controversy somehow rages on. The fallout continued in spades yesterday, from Cesar Gracie's belittlement of the judges, to the Condit camp's refusal to sign a rematch. Catch up on all the back-and-forth with today's edition of the Morning Report.

5 MUST-READ STORIES TO START YOUR DAY
Cesar Gracie calls UFC 143 judging a "perfect storm of incompetence." Still fuming from the judging slight, Gracie minced no words during Monday's episode of The MMA Hour.
Greg Jackson: stick-and-move strategy was "no-brainer." Unsurprisingly, Jackson adamantly defended the pro-Condit decision, explaining, "it's not like we reinvented the wheel."
Fabricio Werdum complains Roy Nelson's face hurt his leg. Days later, Werdum is still feeling the effects from "Big Country's" Homer Simpson-style gameplan.
Carlos Condit's camp not interested in Nick Diaz rematch. Despite the war of words, Condit's manager made it clear that the interim champ has absolutely no interest in an instant rematch.
Brandon Vera explains his withdrawal from Thiago Silva rematch. Beset by a backlash from fans, "The Truth" took to Facebook and clarified his abrupt decision.
There's a lot more media (vids, tweets, etc) at the end of the article, which can be seen in its entirety here: http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2012...son-coolio-mma
Old 02-07-2012, 01:47 PM

cesar is just mad that he is a crappy coach and his boy got beat ... sorry, but walking forward and getting punched doesn't win you a decision ... nick should take notes from nate .. nate was able to do what he did against cerrone with affective aggresion ..
Old 02-07-2012, 02:30 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
cesar is just mad that he is a crappy coach and his boy got beat ... sorry, but walking forward and getting punched doesn't win you a decision ... nick should take notes from nate .. nate was able to do what he did against cerrone with affective aggresion ..
Well, yes & no: Nate was able to draw Cerrone into a boxing match/brawl because he was able to rile him up & goad him. Jackson learned from that & kept Carlos' head together. There were a few times that Nick's taunts started to get to him, but he'd settle back down & stick to his gameplan.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:36 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Morning Report: Nick Diaz's Troubles, Dan Henderson Considers Fight at Heavyweight

Quote:
Feb 10, 2012 - In retrospect, I guess we shouldn't be that surprised that Nick Diaz outkicked his coverage and tested positive for weed during a UFC 143 drug screening. After all, this is the guy that hit a bong in the middle of a Strikeforce conference call.
But still, Hendo might fight at heavyweight if we can find him a good match-up. So it's not all bad.

Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana. Nick Diaz is facing a lengthy suspension after testing positive for marijuana metabolites for the second time.
Diaz's positive drug test not surprising, but still bizarrely disappointing. Like a father that discovered his son's weed hidden under the dresser drawer, Ben Fowlkes isn't angry at Diaz's failed test, justdisappointed.
Dana White 'beyond disappointed' in Nick Diaz. White was unexpectedly measured in his short public statement.
Dan Henderson won't wait for title shot. Now that Jon Jones is tied-up with Rashad Evans, Hendo wants to fight in April or May. More surprisingly, a move up to heavyweight apparently isn't out of the question.
UFC 143 trending near 400,000 pay-per-view buys. Early estimates have the buyrate for last weekend's UFC 143 show far exceeding expectations.
There's a lot more media (vids, tweets, etc) at the end of the article, which can be seen in its entirety here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/2/10...eavyweight-mma
Old 02-15-2012, 03:30 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Morning Report: Cesar Gracie And Carlos Condit Speak, UFC on FUEL TV Nears

Quote:
Feb 14, 2012 - Now that Cesar Gracie and Carlos Condit have said their peace, the Condit-Diaz ruckus appears to have finally hit a lull. With that said, it's almost required I mention there are quality fights on Wednesday for the first time in a long time. Catch up on the latest from UFC on Fuel TV and the rest of the MMA world with the Morning Report.

Cesar Gracie: Nick Diaz was surprised he tested positive. Gracie spoke publicly for the first time since Diaz's failed drug test on The MMA Hour.
Carlos Condit wanted Nick Diaz rematch all along. Condit denies he only accepted a rematch with Nick Diaz after discovering Diaz's failed drug test.
T.J. Dillashaw vs. Walel Watson dissection. Dallas Winston analyzes UFC on Fuel TV's featured bantamweight tilt.
Mike Kyle reportedly withdraws from March 3 bout against Gegard Mousasi. For the second time in as many tries, Kyle vs. Mousasi has reportedly been cancelled.
War Machine sentencing hearing: complete transcript. Bloody Elbow has a full transcript of War Machine's controversial hearing, including Judge Valerie Adair's unprompted accusations of steroid abuse.
There's a lot more media (vids, tweets, etc) at the end of the article, which can be seen in its entirety here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/2/14...uel-tv-preview
Old 02-15-2012, 01:16 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Morning Report: Ellenberger vs. Sanchez Heats Up, Matt Hughes Talks Retirement

Quote:
Feb 15, 2012 - If the idea of Wednesday night mixed martial arts still seems somewhat foreign to you, don't worry, you're not the only one. But either way, it's hard to complain about a lineup of free, quality fights. So while the UFC preps for tonight's welterweight throwdown, catch up on everything else MMA has to offer with the Morning Report.

UFC on FUEL TV weigh-in results. Fighters tipped the scales from Omaha, Nebraska at Tuesday's official UFC on FUEL TV weigh-ins.
Aaron Simpson vs. Ronny Markes dissection. Dallas Winston provides the latest visual breakdown for UFC on FUEL TV's main card.
UFC 144 broadcast will be four hours, feature seven fights. Two preliminary fights have been promoted to UFC 144's main card, adding an extra hour to the pay-per-view broadcast.
Gary Goodridge diagnosed with early onset CTE/Pugilistic Dementia. Former Pride and K-1 standout Gary Goodridge reflected back on his career in combat sports and the extensive damage it has done to his health.
Gina Carano signs for 'In the Blood' starring role. Mixed martial arts has likely seen the last of former Strikeforce women's title challenger Gina Carano.
There's a lot more media (vids, tweets, etc) at the end of the article, which can be seen in its entirety here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/2/15...retirement-mma
Old 02-16-2012, 01:11 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Morning Report: UFC on FUEL Results, Brittney Palmer's Playboy Cover

Quote:
Feb 16, 2012 - Now that Wednesday's fight night experiment has come and gone, I don't think I'm alone in saying -- more please.
UFC on FUEL may not have broken down any walls, but for what it was, the midweek mini-card was an undeniably entertaining fix of violence. As always, there was an abundance of news and tidbits to come out of last night's event, so catch up on everything you may have missed with the Morning Report.
Oh, and Playboy released a sneak peek of Brittney Palmer's Playboy spread, if you're into that kind of thing.

Jake Ellenberger outlasts Diego Sanchez. Despite a near-miraculous comeback, Jake Ellenberger held off Diego Sanchez long enough to capture victory in the main event of UFC on FUEL.
UFC on FUEL fight results. Between Stefan Struve's brawl with Dave Herman, and swift finishes from Jonathan Brookins and Stipe Miocic, there was plenty of action on Wednesday night's fight card.
Dana White awards UFC on FUEL bonuses. Ellenberger, Sanchez, Miocic and Ivan Menjivar each left the arena $50,000 richer for their fight night performances.
Jon Jones: I miss being friends with Rashad Evans. Jon Jones reflected back fondly when asked about his relationship with Rashad Evans.
Sneak peak of Brittney Palmer's Playboy cover and photo shoot. Take an early (SFW) look at UFC ring girl Brittney Palmer's eight-page photospread for Playboy.
There's a lot more media (vids, tweets, etc) at the end of the article, which can be seen in its entirety here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2012/2/16...ayboy-pictures
Old 02-17-2012, 03:52 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS37K...layer_embedded