Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Oh, good, Kevin, I'm glad. I had my dvr "paused" last night so I could see the interview, but I stayed on here too long and ended up missing it.

You're probably right about "an act". I like Chael and find him to be hilarious at times, but sometimes I'd like to see a little less of that and more of what he showed at the press conference and interview.
Of course it's an act but, let's be honest, it got old a long time ago. It's like the first time you catch a 2 year old coloring the walls with crayons (although in Chael's case it's more like finger-painting with diarrhea). It may be mildly irritating, yet cute the first time or two, but if they are still doing it two years later most people would be pretty annoyed and they may even think the child is retarded.

It was funnier when Chael was posting random tweets after midnight that sounded like the ramblings of a drunken uncle. Now, after all the controversy, he's turned into an even bigger monster and tries to channel this "inner-heel" like a cheesy WWF bad guy. Don't get me wrong, it's great hype, and we will be listening to it for the next 5 or 6 months. However, I think that when Chael goes to Brazil it's going to be a lot like what happened to Tim Tebow when he went to New England. For months, and especially the week leading up to that game, you couldn't go anywhere or interact with anybody without hearing talk about Tim Tebow. Then he got to Foxboro and Tom Brady threw for 6 touchdowns.

I definitely thought Chael won the fight against Bisping, and I'm glad this rematch looks like it's finally going to happen. Personally, I think Silva will beat him again and hopefully put an end to all the nonsense.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I did, I did!!!

He was wearing a white sweatshirt, I kept catching a glimpse of him during the last fight.

I couldn't BELIEVE the camera didn't pan on him between rounds. I mean, he's a HoFer, 9x World Champion. Instead, they pan on a Hollywood guy I never heard of, WTH?!?

Between that and no "Face the Pain", no walk-ins, no Rogan interview after the first fight, and the football guy commenting who "didn't know what to call" JBJ, I think Zuffa was trying too hard to kiss up to Fox. Or else they are changing the format, which I think is a mistake as I hate change. I think they should just say "don't swear" and leave everything else the same. What do you think, folks?

That's like the new rule to kick-off from the 35 yard line. Pffft.
I love the animation they had of the UFC robot ground and pounding the NFL robot.

Honesty, I think associating themselves with FOX Sports is one the best moves the UFC has ever made. Now, on the other hand, it may turn out to be a terrible move for FOX Sports if the UFC doesn't live up to expectations or if some sort of PR nightmare were to occur, but I think the first two shows have been cool and the relationship with FOX's smaller networks like FX and Fuel have the potential for this to turn out to be a pretty good marriage for the two companies. If the popularity of the sport actually does keep growing and more big time sponsors are willing to take a chance, it could eventually lead to the end of the PPV. It could also help the sport grow in the right direction with things such as sanctioning and fighters salaries. Obviously, that's all hypothetical, and a far ways off, but it's not out of the question.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 AM

Good Ol' JB is Back!!!!

Good too have you back Mate!!!

I see your perpetual Hatred towards "The Man" who kicked the leaving @#$^ out of one of your favorite fighters hasn't diminished.

As Long as you are back and posting it don't matter if its nonsense towards Chael P. Sonnen.... its alway great to have you back!
Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Good Ol' JB is Back!!!!

Good too have you back Mate!!!

I see your perpetual Hatred towards "The Man" who kicked the leaving @#$^ out of one of your favorite fighters hasn't diminished.

As Long as you are back and posting it don't matter if its nonsense towards Chael P. Sonnen.... its alway great to have you back!
Thanks brother! I know I've been kinda quiet lately, Ive been mostly limited to my android lately and posting detailed replies isn't as easy.

I don't hate Chael, but I do think the hype train he's been riding since the first fight with Silva is a bit out of control. I scored last night's fight for Chael, but if that version of Chael shows up against Silva in Brazil he is in for major problems. I still think Chael can get Silva down, like he did in the first fight, but finishing the fight is another story. In the framework of 25 minutes, the odds are that Silva either knocks him out or catches him in a submission, any other outcome would largely be considered an upset, regardless of how the first fight played out. Also, Chael did perform very well in the first fight, but nobody can downplay the things Anderson was able to do to Chael as well. Sonnen almost got subbed in the second round, and he got his clock cleaned in the 4th, not to mention a busted up face mostly from Silva's strikes from the bottom, and last but not least Silva actually made Chael quit.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Now, after all the controversy, he's turned into an even bigger monster and tries to channel this "inner-heel" like a cheesy WWF bad guy.
Right-on-the-money.

Quote:
I love the animation they had of the UFC robot ground and pounding the NFL robot.

Honesty, I think associating themselves with FOX Sports is one the best moves the UFC has ever made. Now, on the other hand, it may turn out to be a terrible move for FOX Sports if the UFC doesn't live up to expectations or if some sort of PR nightmare were to occur, but I think the first two shows have been cool and the relationship with FOX's smaller networks like FX and Fuel have the potential for this to turn out to be a pretty good marriage for the two companies. If the popularity of the sport actually does keep growing and more big time sponsors are willing to take a chance, it could eventually lead to the end of the PPV. It could also help the sport grow in the right direction with things such as sanctioning and fighters salaries. Obviously, that's all hypothetical, and a far ways off, but it's not out of the question.
I missed the robot war, dang. But I agree that this move to FOX was a very positive thing for the sport. Good analysis, JB.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-30-2012, 02:57 AM

Quote:
...like what happened to Tim Tebow when he went to New England. For months, and especially the week leading up to that game, you couldn't go anywhere or interact with anybody without hearing talk about Tim Tebow. Then he got to Foxboro and Tom Brady threw for 6 touchdowns.
Yeah, I know. GO GIANTS!

As for Chael, yeah, a little of that stuff goes a long way. He should spend these next months trying to win some Brazilian hearts, or at least soften them up towards him. I'm concerned for Chael's safety. How are they going to control that crowd? Especially if Chael wins.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Yeah, I know. GO GIANTS!

As for Chael, yeah, a little of that stuff goes a long way. He should spend these next months trying to win some Brazilian hearts, or at least soften them up towards him. I'm concerned for Chael's safety. How are they going to control that crowd? Especially if Chael wins.

I'm sure he will be fine, at least until they shut the cage door behind Silva. Then he's probably gonna be in trouble.