Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-19-2012, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I've never had a proper home of my own before, nothing to be house proud about. The first two houses were my parents, the next four houses were associated with university, the house after that was run by an institution, and then we've had Granville.

But this next house will not be rented from some crappy landlord who steals my money and gives nothing in return. It shall not be run by a spiteful instituion that thinks it controls your off duty hours as well as your paid employment. It shall not be a shabby room next to a billion other shabby rooms.

noone will come and inspect, noone will try and intimidate. I dont need to ask permission to do what I want.

Which means I can do what I want, and all the responsibility lies with me. It is a gift to treasure and use, it is a building I can convert into my own palace. I can paint the walls, decided I hate it, and wall paper instead! I can grow my own vegetable again, after Twelve Years of longing, they will be my vegetables, in my vegetable patch. I can have as many birds as I want, I can put them all outside in this avery, I can breed them if I so choose without worry that someone will dissaprove.

Everytime I pay the mortgage I shall own a little more of that house, a little more of the estate will fall directly to me, no middleman, no parents, no institution.

I have scarce dared to dream of this, for fear it will not come to fruition. But the possibilities, the projects, the excitement.

...and this has come from GOD you know. All the signs, every step of the way. He has made this possible. The timings have been perfect, the transitions from one event to the next.

The VERY week that this House was first presented to me. I distinctly remember being very excited when I was in the woods, a new area of exploration, across the main road from the Estate I shall move into!! although we didnt know that at the time...and hearing the owl in the sacred valley...I remember thinking that GOD was telling me that HE thought it was time I progressed...I have been thinking its been time to progress since November 2009...but I had to await his pleasure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wq1VARoo0Q
I love the sound of the water at the river, Dave. Btw, is that a river or more a stream? It's nice you have this natural area right across from your new home. You'll love having the privacy of your own home.

Last edited by Bonnie; 01-20-2012 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations, Dave!! So awesome!

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Some of my best memories are of my Mother and Father using a steam stripper to try and get wallpaper off
haha .. no doubt .. growing up my mom re wallpapered and painted every summer, so if wall paper ever comes back (which it may be starting too, but i am ignoring it) i can wallpaper like a champ ... painting too ... people think of it as a chore, but i once did my whole house in just over a day .. LOL
Old 01-29-2012, 05:24 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I thought for those who dont follow my weekly video blog I would update you on the situation.

It goes like this.

We spent last week sorting out the contract package, the land registry, the mortgage deed, the stamp duty tax, the house deeds, and received information on the account to dump the deposit into which will be in by Tuesday.

The one issue is the carpark behind the house. On the deeds to the house it claims there are lots of garages there and everyone has to pay up keep and maintanence, althought the ammount and the regulating authority on that is missing. The vendor also says in the twenty years they have owned it, nothing has ever happened.

It took North Yorkshire County Council over a week to reply to my lawyer and say that in order to process the enquiry I will have to pay a charge...we think this will take time...but I wrote back and said fine...and now Mother says...why bother as we can find the information ourselves.

So I have to phone the lawyer tommorow and explain that I dont want her to pay the fee, dont want to know about the carpark, and want completion by Friday if possible.

I am really nervous about having to call her... until I have a completion date I cant do anything! and my work want to know when I plan to take the last of my holiday...and my landlord should have been told on the 22nd of January...
Old 01-29-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I thought for those who dont follow my weekly video blog I would update you on the situation.

It goes like this.

We spent last week sorting out the contract package, the land registry, the mortgage deed, the stamp duty tax, the house deeds, and received information on the account to dump the deposit into which will be in by Tuesday.

The one issue is the carpark behind the house. On the deeds to the house it claims there are lots of garages there and everyone has to pay up keep and maintanence, althought the ammount and the regulating authority on that is missing. The vendor also says in the twenty years they have owned it, nothing has ever happened.

It took North Yorkshire County Council over a week to reply to my lawyer and say that in order to process the enquiry I will have to pay a charge...we think this will take time...but I wrote back and said fine...and now Mother says...why bother as we can find the information ourselves.

So I have to phone the lawyer tommorow and explain that I dont want her to pay the fee, dont want to know about the carpark, and want completion by Friday if possible.

I am really nervous about having to call her... until I have a completion date I cant do anything! and my work want to know when I plan to take the last of my holiday...and my landlord should have been told on the 22nd of January...
I hope your landlord isn't going to give you any trouble Dave. But really, what can you do if you don't have a more finite date of when your closing will take place. When you know, they'll know!

I'm really excited for you.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I hope your landlord isn't going to give you any trouble Dave. But really, what can you do if you don't have a more finite date of when your closing will take place. When you know, they'll know!

I'm really excited for you.
GOD forgive me...I have written the letter and back dated it to the twenty second of the month. Then if he claims that I havent given him exactly a months notice...I shall tell him its not my fault Royal Mail took two weeks to deliver it

I'm not asking for my bond back...so he has double payment anyway for this month. I havent caused any vandalism...but the place has been lived in for six years and the carpets do need replacing just through age...I figured it would be dead mean to get nasty with him over a bond I paid six years ago...particularly as British Gas says im 194 pounds in credit and will pay it back when I close the account.

But if he gets narky...he shall find me difficult...and I think he knows after the Environmental Health issue last year, I do not make empty threats...If he persists in being a twat about things...He will find intelligence about how he has treated me and others I know on the front page of the Harrogate Advertizer He knows I already went to them about the fountains abbey photo (although I did it by way of the abbey so he couldnt get paid for the find) so he knows that I have it in me to go to the papers.

Heck...Whether he knows it or not...I would do that if he threatens or tries to con me out of any more money....and I'm likely not to give him the warning. Just send him a copy of the press after I leave with no forwarding address

I am neither as dumb...nor to my shame probably...as kind as I look.

I hope it doesnt come to that of course. I sincerely believe that he will breath a sigh of relief when I leave and not be difficult, because he's been walking on eggshells with me ever since the Inquision...and that was nearly three months ago...so perhaps this time he's actually learned that he can not abuse his tennants and hope to get away with it.

I think it was my prepared speech before the actual Inquision meeting, and the fact there were others there to witness it, that dropped the penny that I am no joke to my enemies
Old 01-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
I love the sound of the water at the river, Dave. Btw, is that a river or more a stream? It's nice you have this natural area right across from your new home. You'll love having the privacy of your own home.
Its what we call a Stream...its not really big enough to be a river. I believe it is a tributary that runs into the River Nidd. I thought it was Oak Beck...but I now believe its a second Beck

Below is footage of the River Nidd...you can see how much bigger and...very powerful it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6wXPIUCAk
Old 01-29-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
I hope it doesnt come to that of course. I sincerely believe that he will breath a sigh of relief when I leave and not be difficult, because he's been walking on eggshells with me ever since the Inquision...and that was nearly three months ago...so perhaps this time he's actually learned that he can not abuse his tennants and hope to get away with it.
Who knows, maybe he'll throw you a "going away" party.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
But if he gets narky...If he persists in being a twat about things....
Kiss your mother with that mouth?

I have never heard you talk that way Dave!
Old 01-29-2012, 08:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Who knows, maybe he'll throw you a "going away" party.
I dont think he likes me much less then I dislike him. We will probably both be glad to be rid of the other, so I'm not thinking there will be any problem really.