Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-18-2012, 08:51 PM

Is this the Matt Hughes Forum or Coast to Coast with Art Bell?
Old 01-18-2012, 08:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I know the Nephilim were cross breeds between Host and Human. I know that they were characteristically different from humans in terms of size and strength.

I Know the GOD did not approve.

It is the only time, prior to this Generation, that Created Beings have decided to "Create" and been successful and spawning Life that does not naturally Eminate from Eden.

I Know that whilst the deluge seemed to have killed off the vast majority of Nephilim...you still here bits in scripture that seem to describe humans with those attributes at least until the Nation of Israel moves to a full blown and stable Kingdom.

I know, every so often you hear people around the world supposedly finding remains of "Giants" and that almost as a race memory, these beings are found amoung myths and legends all over the world.
wait, i thought wikipedia was blacked out today?????

just kidding dave ...
Old 01-18-2012, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
No, the correct assumption is the Human blue print is DNA. They have already shown that all life on earth uses DNA sequences, Humans are NOT exempt from that as paternity tests and genetically inherited Diseases proove. This is already happening...its not liberal propergander, we already know about the Human Genome. We already know that DNA is the hard-drive to EVERY living thing...not just Animals or mamals...but plants, bacteria, virus, and Humans

They are already offering pre birth screening to try and tell if babies have certain diseases, and if so...well....

Also what you dont realize is that most of these Genetic modifications are FOR Humans. They can programme Viruses to distroy cancer cells. But that means letting those "created" virus INTO a Human being. They can also do the same with a bacteria...infact once you get a genetic code you can put it into any cell and make it do what the code instructs.

Nathan, this is on a par to Nephilim I think. Except now we have NOONE else to blame but ourselves and can not blame the Host for these soon to be creations.

I'm just skimming this thread but wanted to point out that we do pre-birth screening at my office. It's a good thing. We can then find out a ton of information in order to help families arrange special delivery plans to include immediate surgery for the infant at our tertiary care center hospital. So, not all pre-birth screening is for abortions. In fact, my office does not do abortions. Please don't lump in all antenatal testing into some group of evil things. Not jumping on you, Dave, I'm just letting you know that you are mistaken about some of the things my type of office does.

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 01-18-2012, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Is this your polite way of saying this is all nonsensical chatter?

Old 01-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
No, the correct assumption is the Human blue print is DNA. They have already shown that all life on earth uses DNA sequences, Humans are NOT exempt from that as paternity tests and genetically inherited Diseases proove. This is already happening...its not liberal propergander, we already know about the Human Genome. We already know that DNA is the hard-drive to EVERY living thing...not just Animals or mamals...but plants, bacteria, virus, and Humans
I understand what DNA is, Dave, I studied genetics in college. However, our knowledge of how it really works is still in its infancy, so I wouldn't go claiming that geneticists have unlocked the keys of life and death just yet. I believe the human genome is a locked box that we will likely never be granted full access to.

Even if it happens, however, it's only because GOD allows it to happen. It's not because we've somehow subverted His plans.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:46 AM
Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
Lol.

Pfft! Art Bell and George Noory are cheap amateurs!!

BAH!

No, I'm just kidding, and I presume you were too despite the unsure smiley. I don't listen to Coast to Coast. But, the presenter in the video I posted for Dave has been on there a few times, he says. He has a ministry in what I called "Evangelizing the Weirdos." I called it that not to be derogatory, but because my church is wound way too tight. That label made it palatable. I don't need another new reputation. Here's a link to his Bio... http://www.logos.com/academic/bio/heiser

Note for whom he works and then read last full paragraph of his biography, about ministry. The presenter in that video I linked for Dave is their ancient Semitic languages expert. Then note the link on this page:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/blog1/?page_id=596
Yes, that's a link on one of MATT'S pages.
Look under "Other links" and click on Bible Study Software.
Small world. Watch the video from the previous post.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:06 AM
Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I understand what DNA is, Dave, I studied genetics in college. However, our knowledge of how it really works is still in its infancy, so I wouldn't go claiming that geneticists have unlocked the keys of life and death just yet. I believe the human genome is a locked box that we will likely never be granted full access to.

Even if it happens, however, it's only because GOD allows it to happen. It's not because we've somehow subverted His plans.
Oooohhhh, but we're trying... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyvJ3veH1Xs

Repeatedly, God has honored our rejecting Him by allowing us to live the consequences of that rejection. Deut 32:8
How far will He let us go?
Old 01-28-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Lol.

Pfft! Art Bell and George Noory are cheap amateurs!!

BAH!

No, I'm just kidding, and I presume you were too despite the unsure smiley. I don't listen to Coast to Coast. But, the presenter in the video I posted for Dave has been on there a few times, he says. He has a ministry in what I called "Evangelizing the Weirdos." I called it that not to be derogatory, but because my church is wound way too tight. That label made it palatable. I don't need another new reputation. Here's a link to his Bio... http://www.logos.com/academic/bio/heiser

Note for whom he works and then read last full paragraph of his biography, about ministry. The presenter in that video I linked for Dave is their ancient Semitic languages expert. Then note the link on this page:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/blog1/?page_id=596
Yes, that's a link on one of MATT'S pages.
Look under "Other links" and click on Bible Study Software.
Small world. Watch the video from the previous post.
Tonight, I had to go out to the grocery store to pick up a few things. On the five minute drive home, guess who was on the radio? Coast to Coast with George Noory! They had a lady peddling conspiracy theories about Monsanto and GMO. A caller, who sounded like Gomer from the Andy Griffith Show, called in and asked if the Illuminati was working with Monsanto to "dumb down" the population. I'm not making this up. Here is a summary (I missed the part about UFO's coming down to do necropsies on horses. ):
Quote:
Investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe discussed horse mutilations that occurred in Jan. 2011 in England, a large aerial craft and missing time that several witnesses experienced in Utah during Dec. 2011, the issues for Americans in regards to the National Defense Authorization Act, and the dangers of genetically modified crops to humans and animals. Her first report delved into 4 black stallion mutilations in southwestern England, where eyes and body parts were removed with bloodless excisions. The police have been trying to repress the incidents and telling media the deaths were from "natural causes" and predation. She spoke with Tanya Ingram, the owner of the third mutilated horse, who suggested the police were trying to cover-up the incidents. She also described seeing strange balls of light in the sky above their pasture in 2009; the next day her neighbor reported that three goats had gone missing. More here.

Linda interviewed "C.A.," a 30-year-old woman who was driving south on I-15 from Ogden, Utah, on December 13, 2011. A sudden, intense headache forced her to pull over to the highway's shoulder. The next moment she opened her eyes and was shocked by bright blue, orange-gold and white lights in front of her on a large aerial craft hovering over the road. Confused about what was happening, she got out to take cell phone photos, where other cars had stopped. C.A. said she and the other drivers could not start their cars and realized they were on Legacy Parkway west of Bountiful and not on I-15, and had no idea how the physical re-location had taken place. She did not reach her home until 3:30 AM, nearly an hour later than she was expected. Further details and photos here.

In her third report, Linda sought out reactions to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which Obama signed into law on New Year's Eve. With its passage, Americans could be subject to detention under military authority instead of the American legal system. Christopher Anders, Senior Legal Counsel with the ACLU, cited one of the problems with the statute was that it does not tell you who is making the decision in an individual case. "So it says that the president has this authority, but it's not saying is it the president alone who makes this decision. Is it people in the military itself? Is it civilians in the military? Is it government bureaucrats somewhere?," he questioned. Harvard Professor Mark Tushnet told Linda he thought the Act was both "unnecessary and dangerous." Further info.

Hard evidence is mounting that genetically modified crops (GMOs) are dangerous to animals and humans that eat them. Yet, Monsanto got Obama Administration approval to distribute another GMO corn. Linda spoke with Jeffrey M. Smith, director of the Institute for Responsible Technology, who has documented health risks from genetically engineered foods. He noted that in the November election in California, there's a possible ballot initiative for the mandatory labeling of GMOs. This could be a game changer, he said, if the initiative gets on the ballot and passes, as it's been found that most Americans would avoid GMOs if they saw the label. More.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:11 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

I'm glad to hear that

Then you will aggree that regardless of whether you classify us as animals or not. All life, including us, and animals are made from protein codes. Thus it is logical to suggest if you could understand what codes equate to what phenotype, then you could create it, by fabricating the genotype for it, be it animal or human or otherwise.

I would say to do that was subversion. It may be permitted...but GOD also permits sin in this world, that does not mean it is as he intended it to be.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Quote:
but GOD also permits sin in this world, that does not mean it is as he intended it to be.
Nothing happens in this universe without GOD's permission and that includes sin. Jesus is the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world, which means that GOD knew that Satan would rebel against Him and that the world would fall into sin before He even created anything. It also means that Jesus agreed to pay the debt for all of our sins long before the first sin was ever committed.

Christ's sacrifice was not some kind of desperate "plan B" just in case GOD's "plan A" didn't work out. GOD created the world with the full knowledge that sin and evil would enter it.

As horrific as eugenics is and the terrible, dehumanizing potentials of genetic modifications, it gives one a certain peace to know that GOD is in charge and nothing is going to happen that He didn't already foresee and allow before the creation of the universe.