Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 01-19-2012, 08:17 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
I don't find your comment funny at all wait til froggy comes back and really gets an injury...
no body is beating frenchy .. i am going next week to tristar, so when i am there i will tell him his biggest fan, foxxxy says hi and asks for a signed calendar
Old 01-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
no body is beating frenchy .. i am going next week to tristar, so when i am there i will tell him his biggest fan, foxxxy says hi and asks for a signed calendar
Lmfao!!!!!!!!! He will be at LV fight shop before UFC143 and my Canadian bestie is flying in to attend with me and she is FORCING me to go meet him... I told her I would be polite, but I plan on throwing him a dirty look or two behind her back.. Cos I am krafty like that..
Old 01-19-2012, 08:57 PM

I don't see what people see in Phil Davis?!?!?!?! He seems like a cool dude but besides that one weird submission he had what do you guys see in him that you call him the next Jon Jones? Or that makes you think he could beat him?
Old 01-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Miss Foxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I don't see what people see in Phil Davis?!?!?!?! He seems like a cool dude but besides that one weird submission he had what do you guys see in him that you call him the next Jon Jones? Or that makes you think he could beat him?
I like his character more than Jones, but fighting style I don't expect him past Rashad to be frank.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:28 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
I wasn't impressed with him in the least in his last fight with Nog, he looked crappy.

I like Phil Davis, but Bones would own him easy.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
The article was written after his win over Shogun, so the implication was that if he faced Shogun, it would be in a rematch.
Gotcha, but that's stupid.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I wasn't impressed with him in the least in his last fight with Nog, he looked crappy.

I like Phil Davis, but Bones would own him easy.
Yeah Same here he looks like he is at Ryan Bader level to me... Which is not bad but not Great either.. Just my Opinion
Old 01-20-2012, 04:53 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Yeah Same here he looks like he is at Ryan Bader level to me... Which is not bad but not Great either.. Just my Opinion
I agree, he'll be a gate-keeper level fighter.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockdawg21 View Post
I agree, he'll be a gate-keeper level fighter.
he definitely has skills .. he has been training about as long as bones, and lets be honest, nobody has excelled faster than bones ever .. i think he is at a good spot in development, and comparing him to bones is a bit unfair ... i expect him to lose to rashad, but that doesn't mean he is done .. plus, when bones goes to heavyweight fulltime ( he really hasn't started growing like he can) 205 will be wide open and the vets like page, shogun, rashad and lyoto will all be over the hill .. it could be him fighting off the young bucks .. plus everyone is big on gustafson cuz he beat hamill and vlady and lost to phil .. mma careers can change drastically over a couple of years, so i won't be surprised if these two fight again soon ...
Old 01-20-2012, 05:42 PM
wavetar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
he definitely has skills .. he has been training about as long as bones, and lets be honest, nobody has excelled faster than bones ever .. i think he is at a good spot in development, and comparing him to bones is a bit unfair ... i expect him to lose to rashad, but that doesn't mean he is done .. plus, when bones goes to heavyweight fulltime ( he really hasn't started growing like he can) 205 will be wide open and the vets like page, shogun, rashad and lyoto will all be over the hill .. it could be him fighting off the young bucks .. plus everyone is big on gustafson cuz he beat hamill and vlady and lost to phil .. mma careers can change drastically over a couple of years, so i won't be surprised if these two fight again soon ...
100% agree. I think he's got the base & potential skill set to do very well...if not to topple Jones then to at least play second fiddle...take over Rashad's position, lol. We shall see soon enough.