Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
Tyburn no matter how much nonsense you spew you have a nice heart and I appreciate getting to know you over the past few years. I will definitely roll to your house dogg!! Lol.
YAY!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:55 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Define Dragons.

There are many prehistoric animals, and many modern day reptilian lizards which would pass.

has anything ever breathed fire? I very, VERY much doubt it.

But a large flying Lizard...well of course.

As for Dinosaurs...thats well into backdated chronology, so I dont know whether it really existed in the way people claim.
Actually GOD described the Leviathon as being able to breathe fire:

Job 41: 18-21
Quote:
18 His sneezings flash forth light,
And his eyes are like the eyelids of the morning.

19 Out of his mouth go burning lights;
Sparks of fire shoot out.

20 Smoke goes out of his nostrils,
As from a boiling pot and burning rushes.

21 His breath kindles coals,
And a flame goes out of his mouth.
So, yes, I do believe that some of the dinosaurs could breathe fire. Probably a similar organic mechanism as the bombardier beetle. Of course, those organs wouldn't have been a part of the animal's skeletal structure, so they wouldn't have survived fossilization. However, GOD says it could breathe fire, so I believe it could breathe fire.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Perhaps I am happy as I am. Dont expect to influence me as a faceless screen name. Those who do talk and advise me from this forum have known me for years, have probably met me, or spoken to me on the phone, I know and trust them.

You waltz in here once a year and expect me to watch and value your videos and links? I dont know you! Give me one reason why I should listen to your input? What you dont get Conrad, is that this was a community where some people posted everyday and made friendships, friendships so real, that trips were arranged across oceans and across state boarders for those regular members to meet up. In person. In the flesh. I dont care if you believe what I'm saying or not. This is a Forum, questions are asked, and everyone answers. The whole idea is to give your view. not to go swallow a bloody set of encyclopedia, and return ten months later with some undisputable scholarly Phd. Try to understand, I dont need your input to have valid and logical merit in a conversation. I dont have to aggree with you on matters of doctrine, or dogma. Dissagreeing with you doesnt make me ignorant. Your views are simply bias in an opposite direction. Theres always some hidden evidence that science is trying to conspire against, in your zeitgiest. Some of us arent so melodramatic! Finally...if you paid attention, you would know how little I post on this place, and how little I have posted in the last year and a half compared to what I used to post YEARS AGO when you were probably last here. More to the point, you would know WHY.

YEs dear. I have talked to you on the phone. I actually read (past tesnse) here w/o logging in for so long, I lost my log-on. So, it's not exactly "waltzing" on.

I know you're less prolific than you used to be, but you still miss the point about complaining about time and taking input. You speak TOO MUCH before you listen. That hasn't changed. You're more interested in arguing a position than learning. That hasn't changed. Do I care about you? YES. Have I been reading your posts lately? YES. It appears that you've fallen for the popular fallacy that anything negative is hatred.

Instead of always telling us what you think you know, maybe point us to resources?

Mr Heiser put it a certain way. Academics and scholars (not me) don't bother correcting the flagrant ignorance that's out there (his example was Davinci Code) because they think it's beneath them. That doesn't help anyone. Maybe they've just learned not to deal with the hard-heads (eph 4).

You got half of the answer to fire breathing. Thanks Nate.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:19 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
So, yes, I do believe that some of the dinosaurs could breathe fire. Probably a similar organic mechanism as the bombardier beetle. Of course, those organs wouldn't have been a part of the animal's skeletal structure, so they wouldn't have survived fossilization. However, GOD says it could breathe fire, so I believe it could breathe fire.
I was JUST about to dig for this information Nate - you beat me to it, thanks!

My question is: in all of these ANCIENT, HISTORICAL texts we see Dragons "breathing" fire.

If "dinosaurs" were previously known as "dragons" then why would we assume that the "fire" coming out of their mouths was just artistic liberty and not reality?

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 01-20-2012, 03:22 AM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
proof that there is at least one still in existence

seriously though, i doubt they did exist ... i think they were dinosaurs like you stated but didn't breathe fire etc .. or fly
So why did the artistic renderings show them flying and breathing fire?

Do you see such liberties with OTHER animals?

Old 01-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizion View Post

If "dinosaurs" were previously known as "dragons" then why would we assume that the "fire" coming out of their mouths was just artistic liberty and not reality?
I forget the dinosaur's name. A lot of the names have changed since I a kid too. The one with long cavities up from the nose, like a horse head with extra sinuses up the front, is a good candidate. The theory is that a mixture of the chemicals from mouth and nose would ignite externally.

Here's one pic of that specimen. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-KHwMrJjgC9...urolophus6.jpg

I wanted to find a better pic, but dinner is on the stove.

Heehee, I love this topic...but it's only because I want a little dino as a pet.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:32 AM
Hughes fanboy

Thanks for the links Conrad - I'm watching one of the videos at the moment. So interesting!

Old 01-20-2012, 03:55 AM
Conrad

Quote:
Thanks for the links Conrad - I'm watching one of the videos at the moment. So interesting!

Cool!

One has the non-professional narrator. I've heard a lot worse narration or voices on YouTube. Hope you like them. I think the professional one is illegally posted, but there's a legal posting of it too. I guess I got the wrong link.

Coincidentally, I'm looking over the site from your sig.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:15 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
So why did the artistic renderings show them flying and breathing fire?

Do you see such liberties with OTHER animals?
i just read nate's quote and didn't even think of that .. so yes, i change my mind ...
Old 01-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i just read nate's quote and didn't even think of that .. so yes, i change my mind ...
Watch Conrad's LINK as well.

It will open your understanding more.