Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 01-19-2012, 07:49 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
My videos are usually ten mins long...not over an hour
C'mon, Dave, you can't deny that you set yourself up for tha one!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
C'mon, Dave, you can't deny that you set yourself up for tha one!
if it was music (like mine mostly are) I could have put it on in the background. but as a Documentary...I'd have to do nothing but watch.

Mine you only usually have to listen...not actually watch
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-19-2012, 08:02 PM
Conrad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Pot, meet Kettle. Kettle, this is Pot.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Conrad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
if it was music (like mine mostly are) I could have put it on in the background. but as a Documentary...I'd have to do nothing but watch.

Mine you only usually have to listen...not actually watch
Good things take time Dave, like reading the books I sent you years ago. You said you got them, did you use them? If so, I'd expect to have heard from you about the content. Dr. Robert Lustig described the best foods (sugar vs. fiber) as taking time to prepare, eat, and digest. Likewise, learning takes time.

You can type for how-long-at-a-time all over a forum, but you can't sit still and learn instead? Time management? Keep talking, and you'll run out, if you haven't already.

Consider balancing your expressive time against the possibility of listening to someone else's research for, in this case, 80 minutes. Speak/type less. Listen/observe more. It helps us learn to discern good information from bad. You've run out of info. Many YouTube visuals are mere decorations. This dino-video is visual at points. I do other things, dishes, lifting, etc., and rewind when I think there was something to see. Hmmmm... Do you press your laundry? MP3 player with sermon audio while walking to work or audio bible?

Check out the vid I've posted from the Hebrew scholar. You'll learn a lot, but might have to watch twice. However, like how I recommend books: If you aren't reading your Bible, then get that down and digested before branching off into other stuff. It's the first filter. Ok, that said, I'm really picky about what links I share.

My posts are almost like your elephants, and I presume few people read them because of that. I can't write forever and/or be on every thread, or else I'd hardly do anything, such as study biblical-related things or lift. Why do you think I log-on only in spurts? Besides, I read here without logging on and the the training/nutrition area hasn't moved in weeks.

I have time now because I'm waiting through long tests of the dreaded Domain-log-on-over-wi-fi, which is taking >5min per test. :( This isn't working and vacation is still 5.5 hours away.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

I read the one about debating the scriptures with Catholics...I found it devisive for the underlying premise...that Roman Catholics are an established denomination

I read every book someone has sent me though over a course of months

The CDs I only rediscovered when I removed my ADT display...I'd stuck them up on the wall

I do the Chronologically through the year Bible. Every day, at lunchtime, whilst I eat my soup

You know I'm up for watching things under half an hour...but I dont have a free 60mins. I could listen to that Dragons blah...or I could phone my sister, whose Husband-to-be, lost his Father in a sudden heart attack last Saturday. I could listen to the dragons blah...or I could reply to my Lawyers...I could listen to the Dragons Blah...or I could spend an hour and a half at the gym everyday, because i'm overweight by a long way having grossly misstreated the body GOD gave me.

What I cant do...is all of them. At least not all at once LOL
__________________

Last edited by Tyburn; 01-19-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Conrad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I read the one about debating the scriptures with Catholics...I found it devisive for the underlying premise...that Roman Catholics are an established denomination

I read every book someone has sent me though over a course of months

The CDs I only rediscovered when I removed my ADT display...I'd stuck them up on the wall

I do the Chronologically through the year Bible. Every day, at lunchtime, whilst I eat my soup

You know I'm up for watching things under half an hour...but I dont have a free 60mins. I could listen to that Dragons blah...or I could phone my sister, whose Husband-to-be, lost his Father in a sudden heart attack last Saturday. I could listen to the dragons blah...or I could reply to my Lawyers...I could listen to the Dragons Blah...or I could spend an hour and a half at the gym everyday, because i'm overweight by a long way having grossly misstreated the body GOD gave me.

What I cant do...is all of them. At least not all at once LOL

Sweet. Glad you read them. Too bad you're wrong about the Catholic book being divisive. It's called doctrine. The issue is dividing truth from error. "Divisive" is the wimpering cry of those clinging to sin in the face of doctrine. Don't remember the CD's, but that's ok. I'm glad you're reading your bible.

You totally missed the point, which is why I stopped trying with you years ago.
GET OFF THE DAMN FORUM and then you'll have time.
LEARN WHERE YOU'RE IGNORANT instead of constantly yapping all over the place.
CHECK OUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY instead of just talking. (I actually quit the reading and contributing on the forum for about 6 months because there wasn't a single topic you weren't busy destroying.)

I see your busy list. I get it. It's no different for anyone else. "Busy" is the simplest excuse we can make. If you're to busy to learn, then stop talking.
When I was teaching, I didn't post on the forum because of time. If you had 30 mins like you said, then break the vid into two sessions, like you implied (I think you implied it). There's no rule that you have to watch it all at once or at all. What I was trying to point out is that you blather from ignorance, regularly. If you aren't taking input, then stop talking like you know anything. Whom should I believe, a Hebrew scholar and paleontologist, or you? The other side of the point was that you don't listen. Shut up and take input before you keep going.

I was a little embarrassed to post so wordy before, but it was better at the time than this bluntness. I'm trying to help you. What does it take to get through your thick head? That's a genuine question. This post is rude, but it's a different tact, per Ichabod Spencer.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:40 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Sweet. Glad you read them. Too bad you're wrong about the Catholic book being divisive. It's called doctrine. The issue is dividing truth from error. "Divisive" is the wimpering cry of those clinging to sin in the face of doctrine. Don't remember the CD's, but that's ok. I'm glad you're reading your bible.

You totally missed the point, which is why I stopped trying with you years ago.
GET OFF THE DAMN FORUM and then you'll have time.
LEARN WHERE YOU'RE IGNORANT instead of constantly yapping all over the place.
CHECK OUT WHAT PEOPLE SAY instead of just talking. (I actually quit the reading and contributing on the forum for about 6 months because there wasn't a single topic you weren't busy destroying.)

I see your busy list. I get it. It's no different for anyone else. "Busy" is the simplest excuse we can make. If you're to busy to learn, then stop talking.
When I was teaching, I didn't post on the forum because of time. If you had 30 mins like you said, then break the vid into two sessions, like you implied (I think you implied it). There's no rule that you have to watch it all at once or at all. What I was trying to point out is that you blather from ignorance, regularly. If you aren't taking input, then stop talking like you know anything. Whom should I believe, a Hebrew scholar and paleontologist, or you? The other side of the point was that you don't listen. Shut up and take input before you keep going.

I was a little embarrassed to post so wordy before, but it was better at the time than this bluntness. I'm trying to help you. What does it take to get through your thick head? That's a genuine question. This post is rude, but it's a different tact, per Ichabod Spencer.
Perhaps I am happy as I am. Dont expect to influence me as a faceless screen name. Those who do talk and advise me from this forum have known me for years, have probably met me, or spoken to me on the phone, I know and trust them.


You waltz in here once a year and expect me to watch and value your videos and links? I dont know you! Give me one reason why I should listen to your input? What you dont get Conrad, is that this was a community where some people posted everyday and made friendships, friendships so real, that trips were arranged across oceans and across state boarders for those regular members to meet up. In person. In the flesh. I dont care if you believe what I'm saying or not. This is a Forum, questions are asked, and everyone answers. The whole idea is to give your view. not to go swallow a bloody set of encyclopedia, and return ten months later with some undisputable scholarly Phd. Try to understand, I dont need your input to have valid and logical merit in a conversation. I dont have to aggree with you on matters of doctrine, or dogma. Dissagreeing with you doesnt make me ignorant. Your views are simply bias in an opposite direction. Theres always some hidden evidence that science is trying to conspire against, in your zeitgiest. Some of us arent so melodramatic! Finally...if you paid attention, you would know how little I post on this place, and how little I have posted in the last year and a half compared to what I used to post YEARS AGO when you were probably last here. More to the point, you would know WHY.


__________________

Last edited by Tyburn; 01-19-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Perhaps I am happy as I am. Dont expect to influence me as a faceless screen name. Those who do talk and advise me from this forum have known me for years, have probably met me, or spoken to me on the phone, I know and trust them.


You waltz in here once a year and expect me to watch and value your videos and links? I dont know you! Give me one reason why I should listen to your input? What you dont get Conrad, is that this was a community where some people posted everyday and made friendships, friendships so real, that trips were arranged across oceans and across state boarders for those regular members to meet up. In person. In the flesh. I dont care if you believe what I'm saying or not. This is a Forum, questions are asked, and everyone answers. The whole idea is to give your view. not to go swallow a bloody set of encyclopedia, and return ten months later with some undisputable scholarly Phd. Finally...if you paid attention, you would know how little I post on this place, and how little I have posted in the last year and a half compared to what I used to post YEARS AGO when you were probably last here. More to the point, you would know WHY.


<3 Ya friend.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Foxy View Post
<3 Ya friend.
we may have our arguments...but I hope that doesnt stop you calling by my new house when you "roll into town"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Miss Foxy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
we may have our arguments...but I hope that doesnt stop you calling by my new house when you "roll into town"
Tyburn no matter how much nonsense you spew you have a nice heart and I appreciate getting to know you over the past few years. I will definitely roll to your house dogg!! Lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.