Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Conrad

Default Sleep Paralysis - survey

Has anyone here ever experienced sleep paralysis?
Not just currently, but ever.

There's a difference between dreaming and starting to wake up, during which Acetyl-cohl-ay (or acetyl-cohl-ene) prevents you from moving until you actually do awaken. That's when I can feel my inability to move DURING a dream, and the sensation can wake me up, but during the dream, I'm not mistaking myself for being awake in the dream.

Real sleep paralysis is where you know you're awake and suddenly can't move. Some people get it even after a midnight pee when they're hopping back into bed. You might sense that you're not alone (more than just the spouse) or other additional experience. I've had it a few times, but not for years now. For the time being, never mind why I'm curious, but no, I'm not having any atm.

So, anyone, ever or current?

Because this is a broad topic, I'm gonna cross-post it in the woodshed, but it belongs in Christianity. (Please don't get mad Nate.)

Last edited by Conrad; 01-16-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:02 PM
Administrator

When I was in the Army it happened a few times. I was always aware that I was awake and unable to move. I definitely felt a presence in the room with me and that was very unnerving.

It might have been stress related, but the odd thing is that I've never had sleep paralysis when someone actually was in the room with me (my roommate in the barracks or when we slept in tents while in Bosnia). It only happened when I lived in a room by myself.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM

It's been a while since it last happened but I have experienced this quite a few times over the years. But I always thought it was the absolute fear I was feeling that was paralyzing me. I could swear someone is there, my heart feels like it's going to beat out of my chest and I can't move which terrifies me even more. A few times I've also experienced the feeling that someone had touched me.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:52 PM
cheachea

I've had the same thing happen to me and I'm convinced that it is a Demonic attack. I have to pray and then it stops. One time I wasn't even asleep and it started to happen. I prayed, " Lord Jesus help me" and then it stopped. Thank God.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:16 PM
rearnakedchoke

i think i started a thread or posted in a thread like this a while back .. i am going with it being a supernatural being and not sleep paralysis ... its some creepy stuff ..
Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
I've had the same thing happen to me and I'm convinced that it is a Demonic attack.
I swear, I read this as "Democratic attack". I think the politics of the primary season are beginning to get to me.

I'm lucky I've never had those paralysis symptoms you've described, Conrad. From the comments they sound terrifying.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 01-17-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:53 PM

Speaking of supernatural beings, I see that Nikolas Tesla and Peter Pen are now forum members.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
A few times I've also experienced the feeling that someone had touched me.
First non-dream demonic interaction I had was a choking--the start of a choking. I was totally awake and just hanging out with a wiccan friend. I'd rather not say more for a while until there are more respondents.

May the survey continue...