Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 01-15-2012, 06:05 AM
Conrad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Cross-pollinating for a moment of levity :P
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 01-15-2012, 03:01 PM
Jonlion's Avatar
Jonlion Jonlion is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 1,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
HEY!!! I havent seen you in ages! are you married and living in the US now
ha ha all married and living in the UK. I will get some pictures up for you guys soon
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 01-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Mark's Avatar
Mark Mark is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
So, if I say that it's wrong for a parent to punch their child in the face, is my opinion invalid because I don't have kids? What about a parent who sexually molests their child? Am I not allowed to have an opinion on that because I have no kids?

Of course, those are "common sense" examples that everyone should know are wrong (I'd hope).

However, where do you draw the line on what I am supposed to understand as common sense and what I can "never really know" because I've never been a parent? Or is it just whatever you happen to disagree with that I'm unqualified to speak out about?
I think what Brad is trying to say is that you have some very strong opinions on some subjects that you dont have alot of experience with. Its ok to state your opinion but you keep arguing about it. I dont think i can remember anywhere in the bible where Jesus argued with anyone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:08 AM
Chris F
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think what Brad is trying to say is that you have some very strong opinions on some subjects that you dont have alot of experience with. Its ok to state your opinion but you keep arguing about it. I dont think i can remember anywhere in the bible where Jesus argued with anyone.
Jesus argued by telling a story. Paul argued a lot even with Peter. So good discussion is okay. But when it gets to the point where I typically take it it is not spiritually healthy and has no fruit. NateR like me is unapologetically combative when he feels he is right. But this particular issue is not soul threatening and not a hill worth dying on.
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 01-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Conrad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think what Brad is trying to say is that you have some very strong opinions on some subjects that you dont have alot of experience with. Its ok to state your opinion but you keep arguing about it. I dont think i can remember anywhere in the bible where Jesus argued with anyone.
"Woe to you..."
"Brood of vipers..."
and other forms of argument might not be recognized by us. They argued differently. Even in the Temple, a person was usually given all his time to speak his mind before the response came.
Oh, and don't forget the whipping to clear the temple. Just because more words weren't written down doesn't mean he whipped silently.

Jesus' arguments were usually like a 2-man fight in prison. It's quick, and then over. Some were longer and went back and forth.
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 01-17-2012, 08:06 AM
Conrad
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think what Brad is trying to say is that you have some very strong opinions on some subjects that you dont have alot of experience with. Its ok to state your opinion but you keep arguing about it. I dont think i can remember anywhere in the bible where Jesus argued with anyone.
Oh, I apologize. I missed something crucial to Mark's statement:

Jesus' arguings were different from what you're tapping on in Nate's activities. Got it. Sorry, didn't mean to obscure your point!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.