Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 01-02-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i'd like to see fedor get a nutrionist and get down to 205 and see what he does there .... maybe he could solve JBJ???
That would be awesome to see him fight at Light Heavyweight!! But I think his Pride is bigger than Him and he wouldn't want to drop weight and fight the little guys so to speak.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
The guy lost 3 fights in a row. Its ok to sometimes take a step back and have a few fights to get get your confidence back.
I totally agree and am so happy to see Fedor get the win.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Liddellfan

Quote:
i'd like to see fedor get a nutrionist and get down to 205 and see what he does there .... maybe he could solve JBJ???

He wouldn't have a chance.........
Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 PM
kevint13

I actually liked how Fedor fought this fight, he was a lot more patient than he had been.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:13 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
He wouldn't have a chance.........
at making 205 or beating JBJ?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:16 PM
kevint13

Quote:
at making 205 or beating JBJ?
He wouldn't have a chance against JBJ because he would never get a UFC contract...that bridge has been burned!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
He wouldn't have a chance against JBJ because he would never get a UFC contract...that bridge has been burned!
I don't believe that. Dana has proved over & over that he's willing to swallow his pride if it means big money for the UFC. That being said, I don't think that he'll budge against M-1's co-promotion demand because there's no up-side in it for the UFC. Unless Fedor somehow gets out from under M-1, they will prevent him from coming to the UFC.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:01 AM
kevint13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
I don't believe that. Dana has proved over & over that he's willing to swallow his pride if it means big money for the UFC. That being said, I don't think that he'll budge against M-1's co-promotion demand because there's no up-side in it for the UFC. Unless Fedor somehow gets out from under M-1, they will prevent him from coming to the UFC.
First, M-1 is partly owned by Fedor...kinda hard for him to get out from under it.

Second, I don't see where you are coming up with Dana swallowing his pride if it means big money....who has he done this with aside from Tito?

If this conversation happened 2-3 years ago, sure I could see the possibility. Fedor is not worth that much to the UFC now and there is nowhere for him to go to prove his worth.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
First, M-1 is partly owned by Fedor...kinda hard for him to get out from under it.

Second, I don't see where you are coming up with Dana swallowing his pride if it means big money....who has he done this with aside from Tito?

If this conversation happened 2-3 years ago, sure I could see the possibility. Fedor is not worth that much to the UFC now and there is nowhere for him to go to prove his worth.
OK, true, but he's about as much in charge of M-1 as Flash Entertainment is in charge of the UFC. Let's be clear: it's Fedor's managers who run M-1 Global & those same managers are the ones that are effectively blocking him from getting into the UFC with their demands.

Off the top of my head: Brock, Randy, BJ, Overeem & Kimbo. All fighters he's talked $h!t about & said they'd never be in the UFC (again, in some cases), but then he welcomed them in (or back) with open arms.

I agree. A thrice defeated Fedor finally getting wins off UFC castaways & n00bs isn't too marketable. Since that means not much money, I don't see Dana eating any humble pie.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:30 AM

The only loss where fedor really looked bad to me was the bigfoot fight... I still think he has alot left in the tank... Hes not untouchable like he use to be but hes still a top tier fighter... Hes still more relevent then his peers like nog and cro cop imo... Problem is who could he fight outside the UFC??? Sylvia or arlovski again???