Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 12-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Administrator

I watched the whole video yesterday and I do agree with most of his points regarding Thomas Jefferson and Thomas Paine. I don't think he makes a very good case regarding George Washington's faith, however. All he really had was the outside observations of other people and the fact that Washington was a Free Mason.

I did like his examples of taking quotes out of context with Obama and Pelosi. It shows just how easily it is done and I will admit that I've fallen for that tactic on more than one occasion. But that video of Pelosi was hilarious. It's like she was clenching a pine cone between her butt cheeks just so that she could get through that speech.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:11 AM

I'm eating dinner and trying to read this thread but Conrad's avatar is making me sick. So I'll have to come back in an hour or two...looks like an interesting discussion for sure.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-24-2011, 03:49 AM
Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
... I don't think he makes a very good case regarding George Washington's faith, however. ...
Yeah, it feels kinda strained, as opposed the the quote comparisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
But that video of Pelosi was hilarious. It's like she was clenching a pine cone between her butt cheeks just so that she could get through that speech.

Last edited by Conrad; 12-24-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Conrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
The best founder to read from who is not well known is Fisher Ammes. He actually penned the 1st amendment and when they were debating it on the floor he was the most vocal and sadly people have no clue who he is and even worse they have no idea the true meaning behind the 1st amendment.
Thanks man! I'll keep the little e-mail the server sent as a reminder for Fisher Ammes. True meaning? Great! I hope he clears up rumours I've heard, such as that "they" (founders) meant any form of reformed protestant religion, in contrast to other rumours.

Right now, I'm reading Mark Dever, Bruce A. Ware, Warren Smith, soon Strassman's book on DMT, & then Angus Buchman's biography. Variety! If you have another recommendation or 2 on the Founders that I can get to eventually, then go ahead and post or PM me.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:08 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Thanks man! I'll keep the little e-mail the server sent as a reminder for Fisher Ammes. True meaning? Great! I hope he clears up rumours I've heard, such as that "they" (founders) meant any form of reformed protestant religion, in contrast to other rumours.

Right now, I'm reading Mark Dever, Bruce A. Ware, Warren Smith, soon Strassman's book on DMT, & then Angus Buchman's biography. Variety! If you have another recommendation or 2 on the Founders that I can get to eventually, then go ahead and post or PM me.
Most every academic library has access to the works collection of most every founder. If it is a public library you can use it because you tax dollars pay for it. Just get in there and dig in. It can be overwhelming but well worth the time spent. Benjamin Rush and Noah Webster are great reads as well. William Penn is great also.