Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Dude, that is awesome!

(and good to see you around again!)

Yeah, there is another one on Ebay right now and they are asking $700 or best offer for it!! I didn't pay near that for mine but the actual value of the card isn't listed because of the scarcity of it being only 5 made. I would say the value is some where between $400-$600. If someone were to sell one they would probably get around $275-350 for it since the card market isn't that great these days but you can find collectors that will still shell out the $$'s for rare cards. It's basically like any auction if you put it up. If there are a few collectors out there looking for something you could get quite a bit. I won't be selling mine though. I'm actually going to have it sent off to be graded and encapsulated in a plastic protector that can't be opened without breaking it. They will grade the card and the autograph as well. It's on a scale of 1-10. If you get anything 9 or higher it will increase the value greatly. It just scares me to send it off through the mail! I'm definately waiting till after the holidays to send it...less chance of any issues! I like the new card I picked up because it is some of the tape from the Almeida fight which I think ranks up there pretty high as far as performance and the way he ended that fight. That hook...followed by the sweet sub he pulled off.
Old 12-21-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
man that's sweet with the flag patch stitched into it.
Yeah, huan, I seriously wished I had that card. I think it's out of my price range so I'll just have to admire it vicariously here on the forums.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-21-2011, 02:28 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Crow View Post
Yeah, there is another one on Ebay right now and they are asking $700 or best offer for it!! I didn't pay near that for mine but the actual value of the card isn't listed because of the scarcity of it being only 5 made. I would say the value is some where between $400-$600. If someone were to sell one they would probably get around $275-350 for it since the card market isn't that great these days but you can find collectors that will still shell out the $$'s for rare cards. It's basically like any auction if you put it up. If there are a few collectors out there looking for something you could get quite a bit. I won't be selling mine though. I'm actually going to have it sent off to be graded and encapsulated in a plastic protector that can't be opened without breaking it. They will grade the card and the autograph as well. It's on a scale of 1-10. If you get anything 9 or higher it will increase the value greatly. It just scares me to send it off through the mail! I'm definately waiting till after the holidays to send it...less chance of any issues! I like the new card I picked up because it is some of the tape from the Almeida fight which I think ranks up there pretty high as far as performance and the way he ended that fight. That hook...followed by the sweet sub he pulled off.
Absolutely, man! My favorite Hughes fight used to be Aguiar @ UFC 26 because you could hear Jeremy tell Matt to do something, watch Matt obey & then see the fight end as a direct result. I like Almeida even better because you get the exact same call-and-response (forgive my band-geek lingo! ), plus the added bonus of a) "TWO GUNS!!" & b) I got to see it happen live!
Old 04-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Crowbar

The newest addition to my collection of Hughes cards! It's an autographed fighter worn gear card with the "18 wins". Very cool card! It's a one of one made too.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Crowbar

I picked up a few more of Matt's cards off Ebay. I got the 2nd Matt Hughes/Dana White dual autographed card for a great price. The printing plate card is really cool! I'm working on trying to get the Matt Hughes/Anderson Silva dual autographed card with a piece of Matt from UFC 117(the card they both fought on). So here are the pics of the newest cards.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
I picked up a few more of Matt's cards off Ebay. I got the 2nd Matt Hughes/Dana White dual autographed card for a great price. The printing plate card is really cool! I'm working on trying to get the Matt Hughes/Anderson Silva dual autographed card with a piece of Matt from UFC 117(the card they both fought on). So here are the pics of the newest cards.

Dude, that is some awesome stuff, man!
Old 08-09-2012, 06:52 PM
Crowbar

Here is a better pic of the back Hughes/White Thoughts from the Boss card. I thought you would all like to read it.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:05 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:

Is that printing plate this years Bloodlines card from UFC Finest? I have two of Matt's Bloodline cards, not autographed but still pretty cool.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 AM
Crowbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Is that printing plate this years Bloodlines card from UFC Finest? I have two of Matt's Bloodline cards, not autographed but still pretty cool.
Yeah, it's the printing plate. I couldn't pass it up. They did it in the red ink for the bloodlines card which was cool. The Hughes/Edgar dual auto relic book is one I'd like to pick up. That and maybe the Hughes/GSP dual auto or the Hughes/Silva dual auto relic. I need to sell off some of my other UFC cards first though.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:39 AM
Crowbar

I just got this one the other day. It's one of the last more rare cards of Matt's I really want right now. There are of course quite a few but they can get pricey....Nate actually has one held hostage at the moment We are actually maybe working on some type of trade.

Anyway, here is the card.