Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default BLOG: Just Checking In

From Matt's blog:

Quote:
Doing a lot of hunting and on the road a lot, so it's been a little while since I've been here for a blog. When I get home, I've always got the "honey do" list to catch up on as well as reacquainting myself with the kids. I love to hunt, but man has this hunting season been dragging on. I've been able to kill quite a few animals this year and if you're interested in what they are, follow me on Twitter ( https://twitter.com/#!/matthughes9x ) and I'll usually post a picture of my most recent kill.

The last two UFC events have been great. I was very interested in the Machida/Jones match up and it went kind of like I was hoping. I wanted Jones to get tested a little bit and then, as I figured he would, he eventually won. I read somewhere that two judges gave the first round to Jones. I'm very surprised at this as I really thought that Machida won the first round. That's the one and only thing that I've always had a complaint with in this sport is the judging. I was also interested in the Noguiera/Mir match up as I wanted to see some groundwork. I saw the key-lock coming and was a little surprised Noguiera didn't. Overall, I'm sure the UFC has been pretty happy with the last couple of events.

With only 11 days until Christmas, I hope everybody can take some time out from buying gifts and being busy and just enjoy what you have. I hope everybody has a safe and happy Christmas.

Here are the air times for this week's episode of Trophy Hunters TV that I'm hosting, on the Outdoor Channel:

Quote:
Air Dates & Times for 2011
Beginning August 15, 2011
Wednesday, 10:00 AM EST / 9:00 AM CST
Thursdays, 2:30 PM EST / 1:30 PM CST
Thursdays, 12:30 AM EST / 11:30 AM CST
Saturdays, 8:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM CST
The show description for this week:

Quote:
"COLORADO ELK & TEXAS EXOTICS"
(Airs the week of December 12th, 2011)
A seasoned bowhunter goes all out to take a Rocky Mountain elk bull and two businessmen from Pennsylvania escape to Texas for a crossbow hunt only to find the heat was more than they bargained for.
The Bible verse for this week:
Quote:
Put on the full armor of God so you can make your stand against the devil's schemes. (Ephesians 6:13)
-matt
Old 12-14-2011, 03:59 PM
Chris F

Thanks Matt. Hope you and your family have a great Christmas and may God richly pour His Favor on you and yours.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:16 PM

Nice to have an update, Matt! Plus it's always great to have your take on the fights.

It would be interesting if someone kept track to see if there's a judge or two who continually make questionable decisions.

We are wishing you and your family a joyous and blessed Christmas.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-14-2011, 10:38 PM

Sounds like you're busy, but happy! that's the important thing. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Matt.

[
Old 12-15-2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
From Matt's blog:
Quote:
The show description for this week:

Quote:
"COLORADO ELK & TEXAS EXOTICS"
(Airs the week of December 12th, 2011)
A seasoned bowhunter goes all out to take a Rocky Mountain elk bull and two businessmen from Pennsylvania escape to Texas for a crossbow hunt only to find the heat was more than they bargained for.
I just saw this episode this morning...good one! I couldn't believe how wide the rack was on that Rocky Mountain elk!

Quote:
The Bible verse for this week:

Quote:
Put on the full armor of God so you can make your stand against the devil's schemes. (Ephesians 6:13)
-matt
Amen!
Old 12-15-2011, 02:10 PM

Also: when you get that Bobcat stuffed will you post a pic? That thing was beautiful.

[
Old 12-15-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
Also: when you get that Bobcat stuffed will you post a pic? That thing was beautiful.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-15-2011, 06:27 PM
rearnakedchoke

any chance of getting pics of matt's kills posted here?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:52 PM
hughesfan4life

hey matt!,hope yourself,audra and the wee one's have a lovely christmas and a blessed new year.x
Old 12-15-2011, 10:18 PM
bradwright

Merry Christmas Matt to you and your Family and all of your friends...May God provide for and protect you one and all.