Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Training/Nutrition

Old 11-30-2011, 04:57 AM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Hey man, was that morning diet carb heavy added to a maintained regular amount of protein, or was it more toward not-protein-diligent in the morning?

(Banana-as-snack rocks! Just had one.)

What vitamins do you like & why?
every body is different so the goal for mine was to get better muscle endurance and cardio for my goal of wrestling competitively at 38yrs old. My diet is 60/25/15 carb/protien/fat in a 3000 calories. I'm 5'9" and 185lbs @ 15% body fat, so "bulking up" is kinda silly. So the short answer is not protein diligent in the morning. Also worth noting is that i own a business and work 10-12hrs a day 5-6 days a week in addition to coaching wrestling and fitting in my workouts so it would be tough for me to get too much clean readily available foods that my body doesnt have to work too hard to process (carbs?)
Old 11-30-2011, 05:05 AM
suntereo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad View Post
Hey man, was that morning diet carb heavy added to a maintained regular amount of protein, or was it more toward not-protein-diligent in the morning?

(Banana-as-snack rocks! Just had one.)

What vitamins do you like & why?
vitamins -
performance multivitamin - cause i'm old
mega dose of D - cause i'm from hawaii but live in seattle now and it keeps me from killing myself.
fish oil from salmon and papaya enzymes - digestive health, doesnt make sense to eat good if the belly cant process it.

from there i treat myself with vitamins as my body asks for them. my wifes a personal trainer and has a huge stash of crap i can raid anytime.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:42 PM

Kashii bars are pretty good. just go with flavors that you like. I also like yogurt with granola. or dry oatmeal mixed into apple juice.

[