Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 11-29-2011, 07:34 PM
talkin_smack1

Default Need the Forums help!

I have this shirt (kinda my prize possession for UFC) Just wondering what you all thought the value on something like this would be. I tried to go through and write some of the names down that I could read here are some of the more popular names:
Matt Hughes (of course)
Chris Lyttle
Keith Jardine
Stephan Bonnar
Andre Arlovski
Evan Tanner
Tim Sylvia
Pat Miletich
Jason Miller
BJ Penn
Herb Dean
Frank Mir
Joe (daddy) Stevenson
Big John
Jeremy Horn
Chuck Liddell
Matt Hamil
Robbie Lawler
Forrest Griffin
Rich Franklin

There are more that I cannot read there is about 50 in all, i went to like 4 UFC's and got all of these. Just curious if anyone has any idea for what the worth would be. Thanks for any help!!
Old 11-29-2011, 08:50 PM

I would guess around $500. Here is a link to a memorabilia store with a large photo with multiple signatures selling for $500: http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/spo...-greatest.htmlIt has a certificate of authenticity. I'm sure it fluctuates with the economy - probably at a low point now. The value would probably depend on whether you could show that the autographs are authentic. For example, pictures of you getting the shirt signed by each fighter.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:16 PM

That's one of a kind! Aww, Evan Tanner. What a loss that was when he died.

I have no clue to worth and will bow to PTM's estimate but I'd suggest you put it in a display case if you ever plan on selling it. With all the signatures you have, it is definitely worth quite a bit of $$$.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-29-2011, 09:42 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Man, that looks priceless to me, bro. To have a signature that's literally impossible to get now (Evan Tanner), not to mention the sheer volume of signatures, each with a specific memory it would trigger for me. I mean, just break it down this way: 10 champions, 2 others who've been in amazing title scraps, 3 Hall of Famers & one guaranteed future member, the two best refs in the biz & three guys known for their wars. Only signature I'd say that shirt is missing would be DW's.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:16 PM

one thing is for sure it will only increase in value, mma, specifically ufc, is only getting more mainstream. Alot of people will get on the bandwagon the next year with the network deal,

it is going to get alot bigger real soon, the question is will it continue to grow like football did, or will it be a fad and this next year be its biggest year

and of course you could factor in hyperinflation, but I don't think that would be fair

i am curious who the lesser known names are?

and i also would agree that you definitely need dana whites
Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 PM
talkin_smack1

Hanks guys, not sure if I would ever sell it.. Is would never sell it for 500$ way to much time invested in getting the signatures. Bas far as proof I have pics with all of the guys on the shirt.. I have met DW, but did not have the short with me. I have also met fedor and Randy couture. But did not have the shirt then either.. Never met Tito, and haven't been to UFC in awhile so I that's why I don't have any of the new faces.. Junior, Cain, wanderlie, spider.. Would like to get those guys some day. I also have a fight poster that I won from when Anderson faught dan Henderson that is signed by everyone that faught that night.. Played the pickem game through the UFC website and got 2nd and thats what they gave me!!
Old 11-29-2011, 11:21 PM
talkin_smack1

Some of the names that I did not list are:
Mike Burnett
Josh Burkman
Shonie Carter
Marvin Eastman
Mike Van Arsdale
Rachell Leigh
Jason McCdonald
Jason Gill
Pit Master
Drew Mcfedries
Chris Sanford
Damarcus Johnson..
There are names on the shirt that I can not read..
Old 11-29-2011, 11:25 PM
Chris F

I have collected and sold autographs for many years and it is a weird business. It's "worth" is whatever one is willing to pay for it. Many names you got are not top dollar autograph names per se, but names like Tanner make it more $$$ appealing because you cannot get it. For example a dealer is more willing 50.00 for Anderson than someone like Randy Couture. Randy is more generous with his time and signs more autographs than Anderson s they are worth more. You have a lot of fan friendly guys and that decreases the value. Plus it is on a shirt which is also a value decrease. Best items to have signed for resell would be event posters and gloves.

As a fan I think you have a awesome object and would not sell it either. I never sell my personal stuff (most items from my favorite fighter, wrestlers etc I always get them personalized)unless times are tough. For example I just sold a Ray Mancini glove for a fraction of what it is worth to help pay the bills since I lost my job. You are a lucky person But with 50 names and photo graphic proof 500.00 is a very good estimation. Matt, Evan and Penn are worth most of that on their own. Congrats on the awesome shirt.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F View Post
For example I just sold a Ray Mancini glove for a fraction of what it is worth to help pay the bills since I lost my job.
Dang, Chris, that's too bad.

TS - besides Dana's sig, you need to get Arianney's as well.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-30-2011, 02:07 AM
Chris F

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Dang, Chris, that's too bad.

TS - besides Dana's sig, you need to get Arianney's as well.
Thanks Flo It was hard but God has been dealing with me on my "things" I need to to get rid of a lot and if I can help care for my family in the progress then I thank God I have the "stuff" to do it. Craigslist has been a blessing these last couple of weeks. I got a lot of MMA, Boxing, and pro wrestling stuff so if people keep buying it, we will keep up on most bills . The autograph I really want and will (I pray) someday get is Matt's and I would cherish that as much as TS does his shirt. I got Rich's and Roy Nelson's that I do not plan to part with. I just hope Matt does some more appearances if he plans to retire so I can get the missing piece.