Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree 100% but we need to be careful or we might get Logroused
yeah .. i know ... matt's name is thrown into the responses, so that if we rebut, we are talking about matt too .. i am comparing bj and gsp ... its no contest ... and gsp is about to hit his prime .. bj is contemplating retirement ...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-10-2011, 12:32 AM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
LOL @ finishing rates ... they don't win you championships ... if that's the case, joe lauzon should be a hall of famer ... LOL ... 61% for BJ compared to 91% for GSP .. really ... and keep living in a dream world .. GSP stopped BJ ... BJ couldn't continue .. LOL .. that's a stoppage ..
I never said anything about championships... someone said they liked bj's style, and that he's finished the majority of his fights, and compared him to the other two most recognized champs form the ww division.

Only in fantasy land did GSP finish BJ in that fight. Bj quit. Period. That's not a finish. Matt finished BJ... GSP, no. Did the ref step in and pull GSP off BJ? Did BJ tap during the course of a round? HMmm.... call it whatever you want to make yourself feel better, but we both know it's a fact that he didn't stop BJ.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-10-2011, 03:39 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I never said anything about championships... someone said they liked bj's style, and that he's finished the majority of his fights, and compared him to the other two most recognized champs form the ww division.

Only in fantasy land did GSP finish BJ in that fight. Bj quit. Period. That's not a finish. Matt finished BJ... GSP, no. Did the ref step in and pull GSP off BJ? Did BJ tap during the course of a round? HMmm.... call it whatever you want to make yourself feel better, but we both know it's a fact that he didn't stop BJ.
I don't know where you are from but where I come from nothing is worst than quitting on yourself! If your idol BJ is the warrior/prodigy you claim he is he wouldn't have quit. I don't see how you think its better to believe that he quit rather than to say he gave it his all and was unable to continue (was Stopped) because of the pounding GSP gave him by laying and praying on him like you anti-GSP haters like to call it
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Llamafighter's Avatar
Llamafighter Llamafighter is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Astoria, New York
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I don't know where you are from but where I come from nothing is worst than quitting on yourself! If your idol BJ is the warrior/prodigy you claim he is he wouldn't have quit. I don't see how you think its better to believe that he quit rather than to say he gave it his all and was unable to continue (was Stopped) because of the pounding GSP gave him by laying and praying on him like you anti-GSP haters like to call it
didn't BJ's brother (corner) stopped the fight?

I can't remember
__________________
"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain

[
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
rearnakedchoke
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
didn't BJ's brother (corner) stopped the fight?

I can't remember
yeah, but the herb dean asked bj countless times if he wanted to continue or if he could continue and bj never answered ... or couldn't answer ... so yeah, he quit .. especially when he was the one who said "to the death,. georges" and called gsp a quitter .. LOL ...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I don't know where you are from but where I come from nothing is worst than quitting on yourself! If your idol BJ is the warrior/prodigy you claim he is he wouldn't have quit. I don't see how you think its better to believe that he quit rather than to say he gave it his all and was unable to continue (was Stopped) because of the pounding GSP gave him by laying and praying on him like you anti-GSP haters like to call it
A few things you need to know.

1. I never said quitting was better. However, quitting is what he did. I call it how I see it. It's a 100% fact, he quit.
2. I never said I idolized BJ. I don't idolize any fighters.
3. By saying "anti-gsp hater", you're in fact calling me a supporter. I've said countless times, I respect GSP as a fighter, as I do all fighters, and I've been a big fan when he was exciting.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-11-2011, 02:36 PM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
A few things you need to know.

1. I never said quitting was better. However, quitting is what he did. I call it how I see it. It's a 100% fact, he quit.
2. I never said I idolized BJ. I don't idolize any fighters.
3. By saying "anti-gsp hater", you're in fact calling me a supporter. I've said countless times, I respect GSP as a fighter, as I do all fighters, and I've been a big fan when he was exciting.
Oh I see...

And I meant to say Anti-GSP who is a hater of GSP but I can see what you mean my bad
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 16,997
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
maybe it's to do with their specific body type/genetics?
Sorry...strange mental image came to mind

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.