Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-09-2011, 04:35 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree 100% but we need to be careful or we might get Logroused
yeah .. i know ... matt's name is thrown into the responses, so that if we rebut, we are talking about matt too .. i am comparing bj and gsp ... its no contest ... and gsp is about to hit his prime .. bj is contemplating retirement ...
Old 11-10-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
LOL @ finishing rates ... they don't win you championships ... if that's the case, joe lauzon should be a hall of famer ... LOL ... 61% for BJ compared to 91% for GSP .. really ... and keep living in a dream world .. GSP stopped BJ ... BJ couldn't continue .. LOL .. that's a stoppage ..
I never said anything about championships... someone said they liked bj's style, and that he's finished the majority of his fights, and compared him to the other two most recognized champs form the ww division.

Only in fantasy land did GSP finish BJ in that fight. Bj quit. Period. That's not a finish. Matt finished BJ... GSP, no. Did the ref step in and pull GSP off BJ? Did BJ tap during the course of a round? HMmm.... call it whatever you want to make yourself feel better, but we both know it's a fact that he didn't stop BJ.
Old 11-10-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I never said anything about championships... someone said they liked bj's style, and that he's finished the majority of his fights, and compared him to the other two most recognized champs form the ww division.

Only in fantasy land did GSP finish BJ in that fight. Bj quit. Period. That's not a finish. Matt finished BJ... GSP, no. Did the ref step in and pull GSP off BJ? Did BJ tap during the course of a round? HMmm.... call it whatever you want to make yourself feel better, but we both know it's a fact that he didn't stop BJ.
I don't know where you are from but where I come from nothing is worst than quitting on yourself! If your idol BJ is the warrior/prodigy you claim he is he wouldn't have quit. I don't see how you think its better to believe that he quit rather than to say he gave it his all and was unable to continue (was Stopped) because of the pounding GSP gave him by laying and praying on him like you anti-GSP haters like to call it
Old 11-10-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
I don't know where you are from but where I come from nothing is worst than quitting on yourself! If your idol BJ is the warrior/prodigy you claim he is he wouldn't have quit. I don't see how you think its better to believe that he quit rather than to say he gave it his all and was unable to continue (was Stopped) because of the pounding GSP gave him by laying and praying on him like you anti-GSP haters like to call it
didn't BJ's brother (corner) stopped the fight?

I can't remember

[
Old 11-11-2011, 12:23 PM
rearnakedchoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
didn't BJ's brother (corner) stopped the fight?

I can't remember
yeah, but the herb dean asked bj countless times if he wanted to continue or if he could continue and bj never answered ... or couldn't answer ... so yeah, he quit .. especially when he was the one who said "to the death,. georges" and called gsp a quitter .. LOL ...
Old 11-11-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
A few things you need to know.

1. I never said quitting was better. However, quitting is what he did. I call it how I see it. It's a 100% fact, he quit.
2. I never said I idolized BJ. I don't idolize any fighters.
3. By saying "anti-gsp hater", you're in fact calling me a supporter. I've said countless times, I respect GSP as a fighter, as I do all fighters, and I've been a big fan when he was exciting.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
A few things you need to know.

1. I never said quitting was better. However, quitting is what he did. I call it how I see it. It's a 100% fact, he quit.
2. I never said I idolized BJ. I don't idolize any fighters.
3. By saying "anti-gsp hater", you're in fact calling me a supporter. I've said countless times, I respect GSP as a fighter, as I do all fighters, and I've been a big fan when he was exciting.
Oh I see...

And I meant to say Anti-GSP who is a hater of GSP but I can see what you mean my bad
Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
maybe it's to do with their specific body type/genetics?
Sorry...strange mental image came to mind