Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 11-07-2011, 03:06 PM

Default I guess Conditioning is not a Factor in his Camp

http://www.5thround.com/95242/reagan...ted-the-sport/

"One of the card’s many disappointments was Reagan Penn (Pictured), younger brother of UFC superstar BJ Penn. In his professional debut in August, Reagan easily submitted Paul Gardiner within one minute and 10 seconds of their contest. For his follow-up fight at ProElite II, he was completely gassed before the 1stRound horn even blared."

I guess it runs in the family or they just dont care....
Old 11-07-2011, 04:00 PM
3dlee

thats a shame. from what i read, almost all the superstars on the card were disappointing. big tim won a hugfest and arlovski ended his fight with a nice headkick ko after several rounds of looking pretty bad. do yall remember AA vs Big Tim main eventing UFC cards for the HW title? now i dont know if either of em are even top 10.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:19 PM
rearnakedchoke

pssh ... who needs cardio when you can jump out of a pool ... LOL
Old 11-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
pssh ... who needs cardio when you can jump out of a pool ... LOL
LMFAO

Very true!
Old 11-07-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dlee View Post
thats a shame. from what i read, almost all the superstars on the card were disappointing. big tim won a hugfest and arlovski ended his fight with a nice headkick ko after several rounds of looking pretty bad. do yall remember AA vs Big Tim main eventing UFC cards for the HW title? now i dont know if either of em are even top 10.
I saw them on HDNET and they were pretty crappy fights but the Arlovski knock out with one second left was Freaking Amazing!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
http://www.5thround.com/95242/reagan...ted-the-sport/

"One of the card’s many disappointments was Reagan Penn (Pictured), younger brother of UFC superstar BJ Penn. In his professional debut in August, Reagan easily submitted Paul Gardiner within one minute and 10 seconds of their contest. For his follow-up fight at ProElite II, he was completely gassed before the 1stRound horn even blared."

I guess it runs in the family or they just dont care....
You think it is their conditioning...not enough, or maybe it's to do with their specific body type/genetics? I've always wondered especially with BJ seeming to gas so quickly so often.
Old 11-08-2011, 05:09 PM
3dlee

i really like BJ's style of fighting. it just really says something when looking at his record that out of 16 wins only 3 of them have come by decision, the last one being in 05 (per wikipedia). and out of 8 losses, 6 of them have come by decision. Matt and GSP are the only ones that have stopped him. And of course with Georges, i think his corner thru in the towel.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:31 AM

Yes, Matt is the only one who stopped him. Three decisions for wins is impressive. 81% finishing rate. Current champ as a 59% finishing rate. Matt has a 78% finishing rate.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:59 PM
rearnakedchoke

LOL @ finishing rates ... they don't win you championships ... if that's the case, joe lauzon should be a hall of famer ... LOL ... 61% for BJ compared to 91% for GSP .. really ... and keep living in a dream world .. GSP stopped BJ ... BJ couldn't continue .. LOL .. that's a stoppage ..
Old 11-09-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
LOL @ finishing rates ... they don't win you championships ... if that's the case, joe lauzon should be a hall of famer ... LOL ... 61% for BJ compared to 91% for GSP .. really ... and keep living in a dream world .. GSP stopped BJ ... BJ couldn't continue .. LOL .. that's a stoppage ..
I agree 100% but we need to be careful or we might get Logroused