Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 10-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Matt, it is because of your willingness to share you faith like this that I will forever be a fan, even if you turned your back on the sport tomorrow & never spoke about it again. I'm so thankful that God has given you a heart that is so eager to witness for Him.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Primadawn

Great blog. I'm very glad that you shared this story because, like Llama, I've been in situations before where I felt later on that I should have followed through better...or at all. Your story is a reminder that it's not a "weird feeling" or an "instinct" that makes us think we should say something or do something, but a nudge from God. I definitely need to pay attention to Him better.

Have a great time at the fights. War BJ!
Old 10-27-2011, 04:41 PM
CAVEMAN

Thanks for sharing the story and God bless you for being obedient in sharing your faith with a stranger. When I read your story, it reminded me of this verse: Hebrews 13: 2 Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I thought if I'm going to sit next to somebody, I might as well sit next to a good conversation. I would call myself a question-asker, so I quickly started to find out a little more about him.

That's quite an understatement. I think you could get anyone to open up and tell you whatever you want to know. I bet even Boomer tells you his secrets....

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 10-27-2011, 06:35 PM
KENTUCKYREDBONE

Very classy! Thier has been a few times when I felt led to help somebody out and did. I don't regret following it them few times eithier! After all thiers been times when we've needed help!
Old 10-28-2011, 12:43 PM
rearnakedchoke

great story matt ..

i am with ya on the bj v diaz fight too .. imo diaz won't win a fight at ww in the ufc ..
Old 10-29-2011, 11:54 PM
canadiancountryboy

I will pray for the older man as well as you Matt. It amazes me that given the arrogance of many professional athletes these days that there are people like you Matt that no matter the level of fame or wealth, that giving is the first thing on your mind. Simply put, classy.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 AM
cheachea

And This My Friends is why Matt Hughes is my favorite MMA Fighter. God Bless You Matt. Thanks for telling us that story.
Old 10-30-2011, 10:52 AM
ERStettin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
From Matt's blog:"God if you want me to do this, have him get off the shuttle when I get off." In a parking lot with a couple hundred cars, there is no chance he's going to get off the shuttle when I do. So we keep chatting and when we get to the parking lot the driver asks where I was parked and what I was driving. The guy I prayed for said "That's right next to me," and he got off the shuttle when I did. So now I know what I need to do, but how am I going to phrase it? That's what I'm thinking the whole time as I put my luggage in my car as he's still standing there chatting with me. So I told him, "I'm trying to hurry up and put my kids to bed; but I've got to tell you a story." I tell him "I started praying for you when you told me a little bit about yourself. God put something on my heart - so I told him to prove it and have you get off the shuttle when I did. Well, you did and now I have to do what God has put on my heart." I gave him a $100 bill out of my wallet and said, "Go take your wife out to eat wherever she wants to go." Of course, he wanted nothing to do with the money, but how do you say no? I told him I consider myself a greedy man, because I know that if I give him $100, in a short time God going to give me $1000. I could tell he was astonished and speechless; so I jumped in my truck and, at this moment, I am still trying to race home to catch my kids before they fall asleep. One of the funny things is, I never caught the man's name. I believe what happened tonight is what you might call a "divine appointment." God knew that this man and I would meet before I parked my truck at the airport. Even before this whole trip was scheduled, God arranged for this meeting. So I'm just humbled and awe-struck at how He works in our lives. I will continue to pray for this man and I would ask that anyone else who feels led to should pray for him as well.
Wow! I am speechless.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:27 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

That's what's called being "down to earth" in my book.

God Bless you Matt.